Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Seeker

book recommendation

Hi

I am looking for some book recommendations on spiritual development. Preferably something that comes as an audio book option. Something that is easy to read/listen to, not boring and drawn out. Anything in the realm of spiritual development/mediumship I am interested in.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Master

Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by spiritual development? There are so many books out there.

You ask about books in the realm of spiritual development/mediumship. I would consider mediumship as psychic development rather than spiritual development. And mediumship is often linked to lower psychism rather than higher spiritual psychism. Many mediums are simply magnets for lower astral entities who are best avoided.

You say you want something easy to read or listen to, not boring and drawn out. This suggests that you want some kind of instant result, and you will probably be disappointed. Spiritual development is like learning to play the piano - it requires a lot of practice, much of which is boring and repetitive like playing scales and learning chords. But it is necessary to provide a strong foundation - having mastered the basics you can then play what you want.

Peace.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:29 AM
Seeker

Thank you for your insights Iamthat. By easy read/listen I more so meant well written and read by a storyteller. I am not necessarily looking for page turning content just quality writing. Other than that no I dont have more specific explanation of what I'm looking for. I read alot and go through books fairly quickly my scope of interest is wide so I am open to any suggestions. What is a favourite book of yours?
Old 11-12-2018, 04:10 AM
Master

My favorite is channeled material. There are so many awesome ones. Anything by Abraham Hicks, Ask and it is Given is a place to start. I love Sanaya Roman - one of my favorites is Soul Love. But all of there books are great. Of course there is Seth Speaks, channeled by Jane Roberts, but that can be heavy going in places, but there is a you tube video on someone reading the entire book. Another great one I have found recently isn't a channeled book, but the first 5 or 6 chapters is read by the original author on you tube. The Magic of Believing by Claude Bristol.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngje847
Thank you for your insights Iamthat. By easy read/listen I more so meant well written and read by a storyteller. I am not necessarily looking for page turning content just quality writing. Other than that no I dont have more specific explanation of what I'm looking for. I read alot and go through books fairly quickly my scope of interest is wide so I am open to any suggestions. What is a favourite book of yours?

Like you, I have a wide range of interests and I go through a lot of books. It would be hard to pick a favourite, although Autobiography of a Yogi changed my life when I was 19.

So I read a lot of books on Yoga and Yogis, and the books of Alice Bailey cater for my interests in esotericism. And otherwise I read anything from Astral Travel to Zen, including Taoism, Gurdjieff, New Age, Occult etc etc etc. And a fair amount of fiction just for entertainment.

There must be 500+ books on my bookshelves waiting to be read, and I just pick whatever I'm in the mood for. Some is good, some is not so good. If it is good then I will keep it, otherwise I read it and donate it to the local hospice shop.

And I resisted e-books for years but they are so convenient to buy, and being able to access 150+ books on a tablet saves a lot of space.

The question is, which aspects of spirituality attract you? What gets you excited?

Peace.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Seeker

Thanks for your great suggestions! apparently audible doesn't carry many channeled books..

Right now I seem to be really interested in ancestral karma, connecting to divine self and spirit guides. I am also interested in having a deeper understanding of the different dimensions. Any suggestions are appreciated! thanks