Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Ayurveda

Old 16-12-2010, 01:37 AM
7he4uthor

Ayur (Life) Veda (knowledge)

I was told that ayurveda means
the study of life

Which today in English would be called *Biology*

I remember there are 3 Doshas
Vatta, Pitta, and one more?

This made me think of Todays diet guide based on the 3 (main) blood types.

I know little about ancient ayurveda but saw there was no post on this topic so perhaps others will add to this.
Old 25-12-2010, 01:01 AM
TheDivine

Modern biology only describes the physical. It is a relatively new system that has many uses, but it has completely denied the spiritual realm as part of the study of life.

As time goes on, modern science and metaphysics are gradually converging, so I think eventually it will integrate the spiritual as well. It's just going to take some time.
Old 25-12-2010, 08:31 AM
LightBearer

ive just started a work on ayurveda, even as a brief overview it is quite a major work, ive published about 4000 words on it so far and have barely scraped the surface, but if you are interested have a read, it is far too much to post here.

http://thehealingsphere.blogspot.com...6_archive.html
Old 29-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Master
universa1ove - I live by Deepak Chopra's book "Perfect Health" which is based enitirely on the teachings of the ayurvedic philosophy. I am a vatta!

Blackraven
Old 29-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivine
Modern biology only describes the physical. It is a relatively new system that has many uses, but it has completely denied the spiritual realm as part of the study of life.
Yes, it doesn't arrogantly assume that there are realities beyond what we are able to experience.
Religious people can't even agree and prove on what is beyond the physical, what is god, what is soul, and so forth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivine
As time goes on, modern science and metaphysics are gradually converging, so I think eventually it will integrate the spiritual as well. It's just going to take some time.
We will have to wait and see. What did happen in the past few centuries is demystification of various superstitions.

Back on thread, I certainly do not believe in the so called body types of Ayurveda. Humans can't be belittled in to three body types. It can be explained with the Forer effect, and undoubtedly there is also confirmation bias at work. Let them prove these body types first. And there are of course not just five elements.
Old 29-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violet
First of all, there are other factors determining one's make up but it is my belief that we all have an element that is predominant.
And the predominant element is kept alive with selective thinking. These body types are very similar to astrology and personality tests.
Quote:
Of course science will not prove this; it is not in their interest.
It's up to the believers to prove it, let the ayurvedic doctors prove it. As long as it's not proven but presents itself as truth it's a pseudoscience.
Quote:
What are the other elements?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_element
Old 18-01-2011, 11:41 AM
harley's mum

please check my post on "Ayurvedic Spa" thread...

Hello Universal Love and all...

I just posted a brief but detailed introduction to Ayurveda and rather than repeat myself suggest humbly those interested jump onto that thread...

Last edited by harley's mum : 18-01-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 19-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Master
Fish

Old 19-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Master
Fish

Magazine interview entitled "Yoga, Ayurveda, and Vedic Astrology - The Three Sisters"

Old 15-04-2012, 05:51 AM
sarinmall

"Yoga, Ayurveda, and Vedic Astrology - The Three Sisters"- Correct