Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-03-2019, 02:00 AM
Newbie ;)

I think that once we die, we go where ever we believe we will go.
For example, I believe that when I die, my body will of course die here on earth and go back into the land. I may retain some memories from this life time, but it's not likely, or it will take lots of effort for my next life to remember if I choose to be human. But essentially, I believe that my soul will return to the astral plane or other plane, and wait until I feel it's time to return to Earth, or some other planet with life, whether it be as a human, animal, or other living organism.

But if a person believes he or she will go to heaven or hell, then they will. Obviously their bodies will stay here and decompose, but I think since their consciousness believes in the perception of heaven and hell, then that's what their consciousness will form in the after life. However, I also believe that since it is their consciousness leaving their body, that they can also change their perceptions and leave that heaven or hell into whatever they change their beliefs to.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:30 PM
Newbie ;)

I believe that some part of us lives on and our body now is just our vehicle to move around this earth, this reality is a simulation possibly?
we have forgotten what was before this life for some reason, that reason must be important in its self, its like some sort of game, moving from one level to another.
Old 14-03-2019, 12:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyboo
Hi, what do you believe happens when you die I have been thinking a lot about this recently I work in a job were I see a lot of death and it always confuses me when I person dies there physically there but there not if that makes any sense I look at them and there not there I still talk to them as if they was there but there not I can't seem to get my head round it. Last year a close family member died of cancer and they promised me they would visit when they went but they haven't is this because they can't or is it because there just gone you live then die or our we just not ment to know what happens when we die until we die what are everyone's thoughts on this am not a religious person so don't really believe in heaven and hell but find it hard to believe we just die

I just wanted to give you a quick answer. I compiled a lot of information from the spirit world and this is what I heard.

We leave the body when we die. Our soul returns to a place where we learn, grow and relive certain aspects of our time on earth. The reason why we can't normally see spirit because spirit is consciousness. We experience spirit through non-material abilities like clairsentence, clairvoyance etc. We can even dream about them too.

We aren't meant to remember our home from earth. If we did, we might not want to stay. Also it would change how we experienced our current life. We came to completely have a human experience and we of course don't need to know about the spirit world in order to do that.

If you're very curious, the only thing you need to do is ask the spirit world. I found they never withhold any information provided you're receptive to what they say.
Old 17-03-2019, 10:16 PM
Newbie ;)

It's strange you should mention in a dream it was only last night I had a dream about the relative that I mentioned in my earlier post,in my dream I was laid in my own bed and she was sat next to me I was asking her loads of questions but I can't remember the questions I asked her the only one question I remember asking is can my cat see you she said you know he can then my neighbour woke me up by banging I was so annoyed with them when I woke up. I might of only dreamt this because I've been thinking about them a lot recently but it felt real like i was talking to her my bedding was the same in my dream as in real life i was even facing the same way when i woke up
Old 18-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyboo
It's strange you should mention in a dream it was only last night I had a dream about the relative that I mentioned in my earlier post,in my dream I was laid in my own bed and she was sat next to me I was asking her loads of questions but I can't remember the questions I asked her the only one question I remember asking is can my cat see you she said you know he can then my neighbour woke me up by banging I was so annoyed with them when I woke up. I might of only dreamt this because I've been thinking about them a lot recently but it felt real like i was talking to her my bedding was the same in my dream as in real life i was even facing the same way when i woke up

It was a dream, but your relative really visited you. The banging you heard was necessary for you to have that dream so don't feel too angry. You will have another.

Even if you can't remember your dialogue, know that your soul remembers. If you feel more at peace with yourself, your soul got what it needed.

sf
Old 19-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Seeker

In my latest book "Cosmic Reincarnation and the Fifth Dimension" I explain the world of the dead from my interactions with the spirit within me. This spirit has lived over a thousand years of lifetimes. Now that I am 80 years, my physical body will soon be gone. Yet the spirit within me will live again.Death is not a certainty. It would be nice to be gone forever but I have no choice.
Einstein specified that there are four dimensions, three spatial dimensions and one time dimension. However There are actually two time dimensions such that the light speed of the Ts dimension is 18833 times the speed of our light in our physical To dimension. Thus we live in a dual light speed universe.
We have a physical mind and a spiritual mind. Our physical mind will perish but our spiritual mind will be purified and absorbed by the God of this Earth. then we will be purified and return to life anew.
Old 23-03-2019, 01:03 AM
Guide
I must admit I don't believe in past lives or individual reincarnation. Quite simple we are this Universe, where as one person dies another is born. In simple terms we experience death every night when we sleep and have no conscious awareness. So when we die it will be just like going to sleep and never waking up.

From an individual perspective 'nothingness' may sound quite depressing. However, when you see yourself as this Universe then this is so beautiful and so magical. Especially with the realisation that as the Universe we are eternal, where we always exist through everyone and everything. With this being our time for our life experience - for which I am so extremely grateful for mine.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 23-03-2019, 02:24 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
In simple terms we experience death every night when we sleep and have no conscious awareness. So when we die it will be just like going to sleep and never waking up.

What does a death experience feel like? How can the absence of an experience still be considered an experience? Who's experiencing it?

Quote:
From an individual perspective 'nothingness' may sound quite depressing. However, when you see yourself as this Universe then this is so beautiful and so magical.

It seems it's magical as long as you have a brain to contemplate such thoughts. In the absence of one, is it still magical?

Quote:
Especially with the realisation that as the Universe we are eternal, where we always exist through everyone and everything. With this being our time for our life experience - for which I am so extremely grateful for mine.

Once again, I'm a bit confused. Words like "realization", "experience", considers the possibility of sentience. I understand we are sentient, but are the dead sentient? Another words if you don't recall your life experience, did you really have one?
Old 23-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Guide
Hi soulforce,

Thank you for your thoughtful and considered reply

To answer your questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce

What does a death experience feel like? How can the absence of an experience still be considered an experience? Who's experiencing it?

A death experience doesn't feel of anything, as there is no conscious awareness to feel anything with. So as you quite righty say, the absence of an experience can't be an experience. So after we die no-one is experiencing something that can't be experienced. Wow, get your head around that one! Haha!).

Quote:

It seems it's magical as long as you have a brain to contemplate such thoughts. In the absence of one, is it still magical?

It's magical from having conscious appreciation as a living being, to understand who we are and that our life purpose is to experience. To know that we are more than an individual, isolated 'Being'. That we are this universe. So as one person dies, another is born. So the universe can experience itself anew again and again. From each unique viewpoint, without any presupposition or preconception.

Quote:

Once again, I'm a bit confused. Words like "realization", "experience", considers the possibility of sentience. I understand we are sentient, but are the dead sentient? Another words if you don't recall your life experience, did you really have one?

In my view those that die are not sentient, as we can only appreciate things and have realisation to experience with all our senses in every moment of our beautiful existence. As the current moment is all there ever is - or ever will be. We therefore have this one life to appreciate ourselves as this universe. Where for that l so extremely grateful

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 23-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Knower
My thinking is different. Those that die are very much sentient. And it's often said to be like waking up from a dream in Near Death Experiences. It becomes more real than this life.