Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Master
Can a person astral project in your sleep

Hi there

Can you astral project in your sleep and does it feel like a dream?

I do a guided AP meditation before i go and sleep, till i eventually fall a sleep. Last night i had a dream were i met people like for the first time and they were shaking my hand and told me nice to meet you. People i never seen before. I was not aware that i was dreaming or astral projecting but i felt something in the dream and the dream was very vivid which also does not happen that often.

How do you know that your APting in a dream? Is it even possible?
Old 24-08-2017, 02:14 AM
Seeker

Wow, that sounds interesting. I've been astral projecting for a while but kinda gave up on it. I think to know if you are astral projecting you'll actually feel the vibrational state prior (though there are stories where I hear people who AP without going through that stage; which makes it all the more confusing) besides that you must be conscious at least. Sorry if I'm not able to give suffice information or advice.

I also read other stories about people who mistakenly believe they AP'd but only had very vivid dreams. If you're able to go into more in-depth on your dream maybe I can help you.

Maybe tonight I'll put on some headphones and play guided AP meditation when I go to sleep tonight
Old 25-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Newbie ;)

Everyone astral projects everytime they sleep, but most don't become conscious.

What you had,as you say, was a vivid dream. lt might be a premonition of some physical event that will take place shortly, in the future.
Old 28-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Newbie ;)

I get what you mean it has happened to me. It's not like a regular dream, because you can actually feel the energy and the surroundings. You can definitely tell the difference.
Old 28-11-2017, 06:31 PM
Master
i try 2 metat bef i go 2 sleppp 2 sea wot dreams i can get

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 29-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Administrator
Hello

There are a couple of levels to Astral Projection when your ready to go to sleep. There are stages in sleep where your not fully asleep where you can step out or there is a sleep state where you enter Lucid Dreaming.

Astral Projection / Dreaming / Lucid Dreaming

It's my opinion that astral projection, dreaming and lucid dreaming are intertwined along the same lines. The difference between dreams, projection and lucid dreaming is what is at the controls the conscious part of the brain and the subconscious part of the brain functions. What often stops the Astral Journey is that we fall into that state of sleep and that we know leads us to the state of dreams. It is when we have the conscious control of our brain that we know that we are not in that dream state and we are having a pure Astral Journey. In that conscious state of Astral Travel we are the one in control of the journey on the level that hold the power with us to stop it.

In the Lucid Dream state we are not in that control place, though it is known that we can alter our dreams on some levels. For the most part that brain is in that state of ‘wondering’ free from consciousness thinking taking place.
While the Lucid Dream state is a place where the OB E can and does occur, and this often is the place where the “Heavy Exit” or “Torso Exit” takes place and we find that we are suddenly falling, or having that feeling of a thud experience back into the body. What has happened here is that we bridged the gap from the dream state the subconscious brain in action to a level of semi consciousness where the thinking part of the brain steps in. We are not awake enough to fully make the next step to understand most times where we are and what is happening.

When we are awake it is our conscious brain that is in the space of dealing with the here and now, with what we need to get done and be doing at the time. When our subconscious brain takes over in sleep that is the down time, it is where we often surrender to the fantasy aspects of life that we would at times like to experience. While dreams do hold many messages for us if we learn to remember and understand them for the most part its down time for the brain and body to just be.

Lucid Dreams-

It is said that it’s a higher frequency state to our dreams. In a Lucid Dream you can control or alter the events in your dream in the state that you realize your dreaming.

It is said you can learn to have Lucid Dreams and even share in a dream with another. When you go to bed at night simply put a plan in your head what you want to dream on.

For example your out on a walk and the snow is falling; look to see how it’s covering the trees. Then try changing the dream to a nice sunny summer day. Opposite contrasts seem to work quite well.

These dreams include the physical aspect that are with dreaming, example here is flying or falling. Now with this aspect it might well not be a "dream" state one is in. In this place of flying or falling one might well be in the state of Out of Body or Astral Travel and the brain has come to consciousness enough to make you aware you’re not in the body state of being physical so it’s a rather hard landing at times back in.

Are OOBEs simply a form of dreaming?

Definitely not because the sense of reality experienced is far too strong

Scientific results show that people undergoing OOBEs are not dreaming and they are not experiencing REM. Briefly, alpha waves decrease indicating a calm state and beta waves increase indicating that the volunteer is awake. There is an increase in heart and respiration rates suggesting the presence of some stimulus or activity.

Just my thoughts on it. I am one that can think and project consciously. At times this is referred to as Remote Viewing. I too have had an Near Death Experience and this too is a different event from Astral.

Lynn
Old 10-12-2017, 02:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Maybe you're just starting to remember your dreams as your awareness and spirituality is growing which is the first step in the right direction, in my experience they progressed towards being stronger and more lucid to where you're conscious you're in an altered state but able to control it to a degree so as you don't slip out of it, bit like catching yourself in a daydream before you slip back into normal waking consciousness and realise you were daydreaming after the event, consciousness itself tips the altered state off kilter but no-one promised us it would be easy.

Where the line between lucid dreaming and astral projection are drawn I'm not sure to be honest, it could be marked in the ability to manipulate the dream and project yourself at the astral level which is a whole new ball game because physics don't apply, we have to learn to fly, literally.