Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 24-06-2012, 12:35 PM
goldentimes

Question A question for you

Hi all, I have found a spell that is in a book which I really like, but I do not need it at this moment in time.
So, Can I write it into my spell book and save it for another time or would I need to do the spell 1st and then write it in my spell book.
In other words can I copy by writting spells etc into a spell book even though I haven't done the spells yet?

Best Regards & Blessings!

Last edited by goldentimes : 23-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 24-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Master
"Spells" are a means of expressing your Will and Intent to channel natural Earth energies - that's what "magic" is. Think of them as a memory jogger if you need one. No harm in writing them down but as to their effectiveness, that's a whole new ball game. It all depends on the source.
Old 24-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Quintessence

It depends on your philosophy for organizing your material. Traditionally, whether or not you've actually done the spell/ritual you're putting in your book is irrelevant since BoS were copied in full from the HPs of the coven you were initiated into.

Personally, I do not put any sort of spell/ritual into my printed Book of Shadows unless I have actually used it. Just in general, I do not put anything into my printed BoS unless it represents my path and is actively used. Many Witches put astrological material in their Book but I do not because I don't use astrology in my Path, for example. Only tried and true material makes it into the print version.

My computerized Book of Shadows is a completely different story, as it is a gigantic collection of all sorts of stuff. I have no rules about what I keep for digital files, as unlike with a print book, there are no page limits and no matter how organized I try to keep it, it's always a managed chaos anyway. *laughs*
Old 24-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Master
"copied in full from the HPs of the coven you were initiated into."

Goldentimes is UK, so very unlikely to be in a coven. Solitary is the norm here.
Like you, Q, much of my BOS is in my hard disc as photos to trigger the memory but I also have physical objects - feathers, pine cones, pebbles, etc - again, each one triggers memories. No spells or rituals because I make them up on the spot.
Old 24-06-2012, 07:12 PM
goldentimes

I started making a BoS on a disc on the computer, but when my old compt. had a bug in it, I couldn't use them any more. So that's why I went onto having books. In England we do have some covens but were I live there's nothng, so yes I am a solitary cottage witch. I cannot seems to do that...I cannot just make them up on the spot unless it is a chant. With spells and rituals I have to sit, and think about them or if I see one inside a book which I like then I'll take it from that-I do not find this a weakness.

Best Regards & Blessings!
Old 25-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Master
No weakness implied, Goldentimes. Everyone needs to do what makes sense to themselves