Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 26-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Pathfinder

Is Human a GOD?

I heard from many articles and spiritual sayings that GOD is inside humans. If GOD is inside humans why there are bad people in this world? Do they really not aware of it?
How do one recognize or realize that GOD is inside him/her?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Henri77

We all have a conscience but not all choose to be aware of it, listen to it.

When you're peaceful,content, just ask to be made aware of the God within you.
Ask within your heart, if you can.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
We all have a conscience but not all choose to be aware of it, listen to it.

When you're peaceful,content, just ask to be made aware of the God within you.
Ask within your heart, if you can.
If i ask myself, how would i recognize the answer?
What qualities are required in me to do so...?
Old 08-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
I heard from many articles and spiritual sayings that GOD is inside humans. If GOD is inside humans why there are bad people in this world? Do they really not aware of it?

That's what Jesus was saying, regarding being, "Born Again". It is a gift of the Divine to realize the Truth.

"The majority of people are captives in the matrix of nature, submerged in the sea of materiality.

We must pray that they may be reborn,
that they may attain insight and spiritual hearing,
that they may receive the gift of another heart, a new transcendent power,
and in the eternal world the unending bestowal of divine bounties."
(Abdul Baha, Circa 1912)

Why do we dwell in a situation of duality?

Quote:
Karma to Grace is a web site designed to promote dialogue between Christians and Hindus. The immediate aim of Karma to Grace is to present a comparison and contrast of and between the ideas of Christianity and Hinduism.
It is our desire to present these ideas accurately and fairly. We want to see the basic concepts of Hinduism and Christianity explained and understood. Though you may not agree with everything presented here, we hope you will gain a greater understanding of the teachings of Hinduism and of Christianity. In some cases there are parallels in these teachings, and in some cases there are deep contrasts. We hope you will respect our attempt to let each idea speak for itself.
http://www.karma2grace.org/

1John

" Beloved, now we are the children of God, and, it does not appear what we shall be, but,
we know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him,
for we will see Him as He is. "
King James Bible

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Master
123: I heard from many articles and spiritual sayings that GOD is inside humans. If GOD is inside humans why there are bad people in this world? Do they really not aware of it?

Most people in this world have forgotten their own divine nature. There's a wave of awakening going on now in the world... more people discovering their inner universal being - God within - than ever before.

Through meditation... and letting go of one's beliefs and familiar identity patterns in the mind.

Xan

Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music

Hi there!
God resides with each and every one of us, because He is present in our Soul. How so? According to Advaita Vedanta, God is an infinite ocean of pure consciousness. In this ocean of consciousness each of our souls are like individual little waves. Each wave is a person's soul.

Now just as the wave is made from the same water as the ocean and can never be separated from it, so too are, our souls made from the same substance as God (i.e. consciousness) and are eternally joined with Him.

Thus the divinity of God resides within everyone. All goodness, purity, love and knowledge are present in our soul.

Then how come people are bad, if their souls are a part of God himself?

Advaita Vedanta says that when our soul is clothed in a material body, we forget our true identity. We start associating ourselves with our physical bodies, and disassociate ourselves from our immortal soul.

The more we associate ourselves with our material body, the greater we focus on our own needs and wants; and the more bad or selfish we become. The whole goal of life therefore is to move in the opposite direction, to reacquaint ourselves with the divine soul, that lies within us.

If it be of interest to you, I would like to invite you to my website to read a few posts I wrote around this topic:

Do We Have a Soul? Three Powerful Truths that Point to its Existence

What is the Difference between a Human Being and God?

Why Should We Be Good, When Being Selfish Is More Rewarding?

Regarding your question on how to recognize that God is inside us? There are many many ways to do this: every action that takes you down the path of goodness, self-sacrifice, that makes you more pious and pure, originates from the Godly side or our soul. Activities that reveal the God within us include, worship, meditation, kindness and goodness, knowledge, love for others etc. The whole goal is to make ourselves more and more pure, so that we become more like Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and other prophets all of whom were manifestations of God on earth because they identified completely with their soul. There was no element of greed, anger, selfishness, hatred and other base instincts that remained in them.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Master
maybe "God" expresses Selfhood in infinite ways and human social constructs such as "good" and "bad" are merely incidental.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:28 PM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
123: I heard from many articles and spiritual sayings that GOD is inside humans. If GOD is inside humans why there are bad people in this world? Do they really not aware of it?

Most people in this world have forgotten their own divine nature. There's a wave of awakening going on now in the world... more people discovering their inner universal being - God within - than ever before.

Through meditation... and letting go of one's beliefs and familiar identity patterns in the mind.
Xan

So true Xan! I too firmly believe that a huge wave of spiritual awakening is upon the entire world. Its green shoots are visible every where.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 PM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
maybe "God" expresses Selfhood in infinite ways and human social constructs such as "good" and "bad" are merely incidental.

Just beautiful! Thank you!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBee
Hi there!
God resides with each and every one of us, because He is present in our Soul. How so? According to Advaita Vedanta, God is an infinite ocean of pure consciousness. In this ocean of consciousness each of our souls are like individual little waves. Each wave is a person's soul.

Now just as the wave is made from the same water as the ocean and can never be separated from it, so too are, our souls made from the same substance as God (i.e. consciousness) and are eternally joined with Him.

Thus the divinity of God resides within everyone. All goodness, purity, love and knowledge are present in our soul.

Then how come people are bad, if their souls are a part of God himself?

Advaita Vedanta says that when our soul is clothed in a material body, we forget our true identity. We start associating ourselves with our physical bodies, and disassociate ourselves from our immortal soul.

The more we associate ourselves with our material body, the greater we focus on our own needs and wants; and the more bad or selfish we become. The whole goal of life therefore is to move in the opposite direction, to reacquaint ourselves with the divine soul, that lies within us.

If it be of interest to you, I would like to invite you to my website to read a few posts I wrote around this topic:

Do We Have a Soul? Three Powerful Truths that Point to its Existence

What is the Difference between a Human Being and God?

Why Should We Be Good, When Being Selfish Is More Rewarding?

Regarding your question on how to recognize that God is inside us? There are many many ways to do this: every action that takes you down the path of goodness, self-sacrifice, that makes you more pious and pure, originates from the Godly side or our soul. Activities that reveal the God within us include, worship, meditation, kindness and goodness, knowledge, love for others etc. The whole goal is to make ourselves more and more pure, so that we become more like Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and other prophets all of whom were manifestations of God on earth because they identified completely with their soul. There was no element of greed, anger, selfishness, hatred and other base instincts that remained in them.

Excellent..!! Fair enough..I totally got convinced with your reply. Thanks alot.
But i do have a query here. If bad in the world is all because of the disassociation happening with the soul, why GOD inside him is letting it happen. Why can't he stop them doing that. Why to encourage bad and punish later??