Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 21-12-2011, 12:15 PM
soulauraz

Post Is it possible to fall in love and love someone without meeting them?

Hi everyone,
Haven't been on this site in a while so I am going to start by saying that I am making it my new's years resolution to do more things that I want to do including going on this site at least 2-3 times a week just for sanity sake.

Ok so, I started talking to this guy in Cairns over an internet site but because I didnt have the membership I just sent him a message saying "if ya wanna talk text me on this number...." and he responded with a text message in October and we have been texting and talking since. I felt something as soon as I saw him and we have gradually gotten to know each other. We say " i love u" to each other and have plans to meet in the new year. For me, this is the first time I have felt this way about anyone EVER?! So my question is: Is it possible to love or to fall in love with someone whom you have never met?

This is scary but the greatest happiest I have ever felt. The doubt and confusion because of being cautious and past experiences with dating sites and the internet etc., however, no doubt or confusion sets in about this guy. Please any guidance suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 21-12-2011, 03:23 PM
hawkmoth65

Yes Soulauraz its definitely possible to fall in love with a person you have never met because it happened to me.I started writing to a girl who lived in Sheffield (UK) around 1992.

Obviously these were the days before the internet so our correspondence was via good old fashioned letters.We both wrote and spoke on the telephone,swapping photos too.This continued over about three years but we met through an anxiety/depression magazine and our respective problems caused our fledgling romance to flounder.We both struggled to travel (I lived about 130 miles away) and eventually I met my wonderful wife to whom I've been married for 15 years now.

The love I shared with the girl from Sheffield was very real even though we never physically met at any time.So in my experience,yes you can definitely fall in love without meeting,and it would appear you have nothing to hold you back so however you choose to proceed,I wish you all luck and happiness for the future.

Take care, Andy
Old 22-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Tammy

i think so.
Old 22-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulauraz
Hi everyone,
Haven't been on this site in a while so I am going to start by saying that I am making it my new's years resolution to do more things that I want to do including going on this site at least 2-3 times a week just for sanity sake.

Ok so, I started talking to this guy in Cairns over an internet site but because I didnt have the membership I just sent him a message saying "if ya wanna talk text me on this number...." and he responded with a text message in October and we have been texting and talking since. I felt something as soon as I saw him and we have gradually gotten to know each other. We say " i love u" to each other and have plans to meet in the new year. For me, this is the first time I have felt this way about anyone EVER?! So my question is: Is it possible to love or to fall in love with someone whom you have never met?

This is scary but the greatest happiest I have ever felt. The doubt and confusion because of being cautious and past experiences with dating sites and the internet etc., however, no doubt or confusion sets in about this guy. Please any guidance suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

While it can be tricky and scary to do so. Since you've met him in person, just know that not everyone is who they say they are over the internet.

That being said. I am now married to the man of my dreams and guess where I met him? Online on a video game. :) We met 5 months after meeting in the game. Had a long distance relationship for 4 years to make sure we were doing the right thing. He had been lying about a bunch of stuff to make himself more interesting. Nothing horrible, but it was enough to make me question it.

We moved in together after 4 years and lived together for 3, we just got married 11/11/11 :) So yes. It IS possible to fall in love like that, just be careful and take your time. We are glad we were able to work through some of the things that were not truthful right away.
Old 27-12-2011, 12:44 AM
AngelicOrin

Yes, I have fallen for a lovely guy over the Internet...I am hoping to meet him for a date sometime :)
Old 27-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Hi everyone,

i think love is complicated we can love whenever we decide and whomever.. the love is only defined by that individual because your love is not my love..

But real love is - for example if that individual lost their arms and legs would you still want them and still be in love with them.. true love would be same love or similiar that you have for a child or parent no matter what you would still love them and want to be with them..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 27-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Toolite

unconditional love..is under any condition you would still love them and want them.

sometimes and this is normal we are not in love with the individual but in love with the idea of being in love.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 31-12-2011, 05:39 PM
vulkus

yes you can as others have said.
Cairns is only a short flight from Brissy, I'd suggest though, that you guys meet half way.
Always go somehwere semi public, make sure you are following the advice of your head and your heart working in unison.
Something someone told me years ago and it has never been proved wrong. Is if you have that churning butterfly stomach feeling, it means everything will work out for the best. It always has. You both don't have to feel it, only one of you.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:57 AM
FemmeLucy

Bunny

I would definitely be cautious. Your "love" might be based on assumptions about the guy. If you havent spent a lot of physical time together, he may be different in person. I dont know. Good question though.

Best of luck!!

Lucy Loo

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Old 03-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Knower
I'd say yes, it is possible to fall in love with someone without meeting them, but when you do meet them in person, then that love can become much deeper, at least that is what happened my boyfriend and I :-)