Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 23-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Sungirl

stabbing pains - is this connected to meridians?

For as long as I can remember I have had sensations like I am being stabbed with a needle. It can be in any point around my body.

But, sometimes I feel it shoot up through my body like it is following a meridian and a split second later I feel it somewhere else along that meridian.

It's very quick generally but yesterday it kept happening and it lasted a couple of seconds each time.

I used to pass it off as a nerve firing... but I wonder if it is connected to meridians somehow.
Old 23-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Jules

from what I've heard, it can be part of the kundalini awakening. Is it like little electric shocks?
Old 23-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Sungirl

yes.. but I've had it for as long as I can remember, and my mum gets it too.
Old 23-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Jules

it can also be vit d & magnesium deficiency .. go get your levels checked to be on the safe side. It's also connected to fibromyalgia .. just a thought and another perspective on it
Old 23-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Sungirl

Hi Jules

Thanks heaps for taking the time to reply. I take massive doses of Vit d3 every day and also magnesium for SAD... I wonder how I would go about getting it checked. Do GP's do it on request?

Don't think it is fibro, once again, as I have had it for so long.. and it doesn't happen all that often...
Old 24-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Master
"massive doses of Vit d3 every day"

How massive ? There are doubts over taking mega-doses of many vitamins.
Old 24-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Sungirl

There studies say it is safe to take 10,000 iu a day. I am taking 5,000 iu. Doctors prescribe up to 50,000 iu a week to people.

Trust me, I didn't start taking them without doing some research. At Vit D is only sourced from sunlight I think the liver (kidneys? didn't do boilogy) just gets rid of what it doesn't need. So the worst I can be doing is wasting my money.

I have spent the last 2 winters researching SAD.

I will point out that these stabbing pains don't happen very often, they could be weeks apart. It's just I never see anyone else suddently going "ouch!!" like i do. They are so sharp and quick they make me jump.

Is there no-one on the site that knows about accupuncture?
Old 24-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Master
My ex is a successful practitioner !
Old 24-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Sungirl

you're ex... did you learn anything from her? Can you ask her?
Old 24-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
you're ex... did you learn anything from her? Can you ask her?

Will try but we dont meet often. Normally, the bite you get when a needle hits the point precisely is just for an instant, not prolonged.
[I was her live practice dummy while she was in college training]