Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 29-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat
I have no knowledge of this Silvergirl, and OW MY EYE!

My apologies, M-G. Seems there was a bit of a delayed reaction.

It just came outta nowhere, didn't it? I shall blow you a magic kiss and make it better.

{magic kisses take a bit longer than magic frisbees ~ so it'll be there by oh, say Thursday in the a.m. I think I'll read a little something in the meantime...}

Old 30-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Mountain-Goat

I shall look forward to it Silvergirl...in the meantime, here's a short note from Mountain-Goat.
aaaaaaaaaah
That's an A sharp!
Old 30-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Mountain-Goat

Looooong walk on trains tracks to day.
Not long in distance...long in tooth...
no no, not long in tooth...forsoothe? spoof, booth...
Hey i just looked up forsooth...
Forsooth -An archaic word originally meaning 'in truth' but now usually used to express disbelief.
What a turn around ey.

Anyways, yay word association...
forsooth
spoof
booth
"spill it Moseby" <-- How I met your Mother. tv show

Frasier: Mom...Mommy?
Gil: Patience Daddy! <---Frasier season 4

Hey i got up close and personal with an echidna on the tracks this morniing.
His/her spines sticking up when i patted him/her.

Where was i, oh yeah, not long in distance, long in time.
I was once again cutting my 3hr down to 2 hrs, but at the turn around point
i stopped and did some more Zen pebbling, that took a relaxing hour,
and on the way back my dawta wanted to chat so we did for about 1.5hrs,
and i walked slowly so it took me 2hrs to walk home.

So my 2 hour walk turned into a pleasant...~counts on fingers~...3.5 hours.
Old 30-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Buzz

How does the expression 'long in the tooth' relate to getting older. Is it literal in meaning that your gums recede as you age therefore making your teeth appear longer?
Old 30-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Mountain-Goat

I think it has something to do with vampires.
Old 30-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Mountain-Goat

Sleepless in Seattle...possibly the worst love story movie EVA!!!!
And M-G loves his love story movies.

I consider the love depicted in Splash far more superior than SiS.
The end sequence still touches me deeply.
It seems very similar to the end sequence in THX1138.
Old 30-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
How does the expression 'long in the tooth' relate to getting older. Is it literal in meaning that your gums recede as you age therefore making your teeth appear longer?

*whispers in Buzz's ear*> Yes, but I like M-G's answer better.

.....y'know ~ the old drinking the blood of the young - or trying to...

Old 30-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Mountain-Goat

But M-G's answer would not have existed without Buzz's input.
Gotta love this "the no man is an island" reality.

And speaking of dreams...wooo...what an epic one i just awoke from.

It started off with me in a old 4wd leading my real life friend of many years ago, and his dad, along some wide dirt backroads somewheres, and they being city folk,

didn't have their country on and got lost following me so i had to go back and get them.
I was not aware of where i was taking them till we arrived..a massive meat works factory where i worked.

I wanted to show my friend around, and said to his dad for him to wait for us in their car which he was ok with.

So i take my friend on a tour and the main thing i noticed about this meat works is the water.

You know how a meat works will have some wet areas on the floors, here and there, maybe a bit of moisure dripping down like raindrops here and there.

Well in this huge factory there was water everywhere even though the whole factory floor was wet, it was never deep,
and it was like it was raining throughout the factory but we never got wet.
This rain was glistening, illuminated almost, very vibrant and gave the whole place an earthy natural alive atmosphere.
I never saw any animals being slaughtered, so it's only an impression within the dream that it was a meat works.
For all i know the place, because of the "magical" rain inside, the building could have been a faery or alien factory.
But in the dream i felt it was a meat works factory.

And everywhere apart from main outer walls and inner walls was stainless steel, the machinery, stairs, railings etc.
Then my friend was gone and it became apparent to me that i was a new worker, and it became apparent it was because i was new to the country.

But as i walked around the place it was apparent i was very much accepted as one of them.

There was one section, up a flight of stairs(The Flighty Zues---from The Mighty Boosh) where some of the guys put up fotos of their favourite things, and there were two pictures of me,

and i had an Ace Ventura 1 type hairdo for some unknown reason.

So i was hanging out with people and also on the factory floor near the main entrance were a whole bunch of fridges...i had to buy me a second hand fridge, and so i was inspecting them, some modern, some a lot older going by their curvey shape.

I went back to my car for some reason and i was having trouble walking, my right leg not hurting but really difficult to move, like very heavy or slow to move.

Then i was back in the raining section and up those stairs again were different pictures of me, this time they photoshopped a Friday the 13th hockey mask on me face,

still in admiration of me, that was the sense i got. so the hockey mask was a term of endearment.
But i was not comfortable with it because of the violent nature of the image.
So i take down the photos while everyone is busy working...

I like how it is that i work there but i actually don't do any work...

The next time i go up these stairs, the photos are back , so i once again take them down.
And this happens a third time so i then am discussing my issue with the photos with who must be the union rep or some type of manager that the workers love and respect.
It a woman and we discuss my reasons for not liking the photos, and the chat is pleasant
and then i am once again going to my car in the huge carpark and the woman is now a guy and there is another guy with us, who i know is a new friend who works here.

My car is not where it i thought it was, i reason i have once again forgotten where i parked it, i am aware in the dream that i have memory issues,
So we are walking around looking for my car in where i think i parked it, still having trouble with my right leg.

We find the car, it was further up the hill, closer to the main gate and i think, i must learn to park closer to the factory because of my right leg.

And on the way back to the factory, i am searching for my rollies to have a smoke and i can't find them,
I was sure i had them in one of my pockets, more memory issues it seems, and the manager has already rolled me one when he first saw i couldn't find mine.
I thanked him and asked what brand, he said Renolds red.
I took a puff and it was the best ciggie i had, especially compared to the Winnies gold i currently smoke.
And the impression i got is this is what country people smoke.

There was a lot of learning or observing country folk wisdom and attitude in this dream.

cool dream.

Last edited by Mountain-Goat : 30-10-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 30-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
*whispers in Buzz's ear*> Yes, but I like M-G's answer better.

.....y'know ~ the old drinking the blood of the young - or trying to...

Ermahgerd!!!! Ermahgerd!!!! Fer real!!!! We all gets to be vampyres??? That is soooo cool. Imma gonna practice ...... 'I AM NOSFERATU AND I AM HERE FOR YOUR BLEERD'
Old 30-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Ermahgerd!!!! Ermahgerd!!!! Fer real!!!! We all gets to be vampyres??? That is soooo cool. Imma gonna practice ...... 'I AM NOSFERATU AND I AM HERE FOR YOUR BLEERD'

Yah, and we get to spell it with the y - soo much kuhler than the ol' i.

You have to stop making people laugh or you won't be able to get to the good stuff.
...the bleerd, that is....