Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Questions time later!

Let's see how many you get right.......

OK I read it - questions?

A very interesting exercise in re-reading but this time analysing the text. I had forgotten virtually everything from when I read the book an estimated 5 years back.

Now I understand your particular interest in 'twin souls'.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
mac

Quote:
Accurate to all counts,Mac. My memory of the preface in the book is exactly that.
I enjoyed the movie but what annoyed me was part of the story was changed from the book. That is why I enjoyed the book more than the movie,the book I felt was more substantial in the telling of the afterlife than the movie.
I rest my case!
Pats Mac on the head and says 'Good boy,there's a quid,go buy some sweeties'.
(My little angel)

(going to get some stick after this)

"I enjoyed the movie but what annoyed me was part of the story was changed from the book. That is why I enjoyed the book more than the movie,the book I felt was more substantial in the telling of the afterlife than the movie."

For me it was the reverse. The movie-makers had mostly stayed away from the mish-mash of ideas picked up by the author from his research. It tried far less to explain a subject that really does need more explanation than either the original book or the movie could give. I found it resulted in a far better storyline without too much of either the spooky or the philosophical, stuff.

For me the book tried to embrace too many issues which were in consequence dealt with too superficially.

Each to their own, eh?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"I enjoyed the movie but what annoyed me was part of the story was changed from the book. That is why I enjoyed the book more than the movie,the book I felt was more substantial in the telling of the afterlife than the movie."

For me it was the reverse. The movie-makers had mostly stayed away from the mish-mash of ideas picked up by the author from his research. It tried far less to explain a subject that really does need more explanation than either the original book or the movie could give. I found it resulted in a far better storyline without too much of either the spooky or the philosophical, stuff.

For me the book tried to embrace too many issues which were in consequence dealt with too superficially.

Each to their own, eh?

Exactly Mac.
Life would very boring if we all agreed on the same opinion.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
OK I read it - questions?

A very interesting exercise in re-reading but this time analysing the text. I had forgotten virtually everything from when I read the book an estimated 5 years back.

Now I understand your particular interest in 'twin souls'.

Hah! Twin souls?

Have been reading a lot of topics on Twin Souls recently.
The question in my mind is.....why should we spend part of each life fighting and squabbling with the same person?
When it is evident we just don't get along together.

The two characters in the book were what I would call genuine twin souls.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Experiencer

Getting back to my own Thread here. . . . . .

I'm particularly interested in hearing what any of you who have had contacts with the next world, either via near death experiences, Spiritualist contacts, after death communications, or whatever means, think of the book, in terms of the afterlife as it is portrayed.

Jim
Old 10-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Administrator
Hi LeftBehind,

Im not a reader of books of any kind but il will let joan tell me what it is about

Namaste
Old 10-11-2011, 04:40 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Getting back to my own Thread here. . . . . .

I'm particularly interested in hearing what any of you who have had contacts with the next world, either via near death experiences, Spiritualist contacts, after death communications, or whatever means, think of the book, in terms of the afterlife as it is portrayed.

Jim

What do you think of the book,Jim?
Book and movie were very good,excellent portrayal of the other world.
But personally I do not think either can ever come up to scratch to the real world of spirit.
I was taken there by my husband in a dream.
I asked him to show me what the spirit world was really like.
We stood on the top of a mountain (at least that was the impression I had).
Looked down into a valley of every kind of plant and flower you can imagine.
The colours were undescrible.
Blue water of a colour blue I cannot describe.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
What do you think of the book,Jim?
Book and movie were very good,excellent portrayal of the other world.
But personally I do not think either can ever come up to scratch to the real world of spirit.
I was taken there by my husband in a dream.
I asked him to show me what the spirit world was really like.
We stood on the top of a mountain (at least that was the impression I had).
Looked down into a valley of every kind of plant and flower you can imagine.
The colours were undescrible.
Blue water of a colour blue I cannot describe.

Your dream, Deepsea, contains elements of what experiencers report from the near death experience.

I have never seen the movie based on the book. I'm not a big moviegoer anyway.

I LOVED the book!

I hope that the next world really is like the book.

I'd be delighted to live an eternal life, without death, injury, illness, aging, without need to work or to eat or to sleep, in a spiritual body that grew younger to my prime rather than older to deterioration, where we could do things that interested us, serve others because we wanted to:

and with the prospect of something even better awaiting us!

Him
Old 10-11-2011, 10:38 PM
deepsea

The world I saw was beautiful.
Beyond beauty in this world.
Can't describe the colours.

Deepsea
Old 10-11-2011, 11:24 PM
mac

"I have never seen the movie based on the book. I'm not a big moviegoer anyway."

You don't need to be a moviegoer as the film is readily available on DVD.