Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 10-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Experiencer

Chrysalis,

I've done a little research on green barley, and I like what I"m seeing. Tell me more about your experience with it, if you're willing.

One of the things it is supposed to do is lower cholesterol levels. Mine have been high for years, but I'm just starting to realize it, though the numbers have always been there. lol. Anyway, I started taking something called beta sisosterol (spelling?) and my numbers have dropped quite a bit. I guess green barley has beta sisosterol in it already.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Good for you! Happy to hear you are doing well.

Confessions of a former sugar=holic :) I could up your pie and eat the cake too.

For me, there was definately an emotional component, and no off button.

I can say I'm a lot better now. I actually didn't buy any Halloween candy this year (which is a first for me), because, you know, Halloween candy is for passing out to the kids - except we stopped passing out the candy to the kids a few years ago, but I didn't stop buying the candy Just a bag and sometimes I shared LOL.

I'll share what helped me, but we are all different and food issues I think are so different for everyone. When they are tied to emotions it is difficult to get a handle on, and I am not perfect.

Last year I tried the Dr. Berg's Intermittent Fasting, but before that I had (I thought) stopped eating sugar. I used sugar substitute in my coffee and I didn't eat bread. But I did eat a lot of take out and packaged foods and there are hidden sugars in a lot of that stuff.

When I started the intermittent fasting, the first phase I tried was just to stop snacking. I was a snacker. I was so hungry when I came home from work I would eat and eat, there was this hole I was tring to fill up (at least that is what it always felt like). I don't know where it came from, or why. I was just starving, but I could eat and there was no off button.

With the intermittent fasting, the 1st phase is to just eat 3 meals a day and no snacks, but there is no restriction on what you can eat. So I told myself, I am not going to change what i am eating, and I can save my snacks for dinner. Sounds awful, but thats what I did. Instead of snacking when I came home, I saved my snacks for after dinner. And when I was hungry, I drank water. And who knew, I was thirsty. Once I had some water, the hunger went away. I think I was so out of touch with my signals, I didn't realize I was thirsty instead of hungry (I was not a fan of water.)

Oh, and I stopped eating breakfast. When I heard I didn't have to eat breakfast, it was like a lightbulb went off. There was a time in my life i never ate breakfast. I just wasn't hungry for breakfast. That was the time when I didn't have a weight issue, or a sugar issue. Then all the diets tell you you must eat breakfast, or you'll be too hungry later on, so I started eating breakfast.

I stopped eating breakfast, and ate lunch and dinner (and my snack directly after dinner) and that was the start to getting control of the sugar. Because I wasn't spiking insulin 5 times a day, just twice, all the sudden I wasn't hungry between meals, and sometimes I wasn't even hungry at the meal.

I couldn't eat as much - I would get halfway through dinner and I couldn't finish it.

Phase II is no sugar. No sugar and anything that turns into sugar (breads, pastas, cereals, rice, potatoes (starchy carbs), alcohol, etc). I had no idea carbs turned into sugar - maybe I forgot along the way somewhere, or maybe I never heard that before.

And in order to get more potassium to help my liver, you have to eat 7 - 10 cugs of vegees per day. That's a lot of vegees.

So I did my best. I am still a work in process.

What I found was, I starting tasting food again. Once I took the sugar away, my vegees tasted awesome. I really couldn't believe how good my food tasted.

So I am on the same journey with sugar. It is finding things to replace the sugars that is the key. I didn't have a problem not eating bread, because it's ok, but I could take it or leave it. My sister, on the other hand, craves bread and anything that is bread, and it is much more difficult for her. My thing is sweets.

Eating lots of salads and good fats and (limited) amounts of protein is really what our bodies are designed to eat. All the other stuff is processed and hard for our bodies to figure out what to do with it.

Here's another video from Dr. Berg. (Oh no, not another video!) He has so many videos on sugar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7fHYSyvxU0

but it explains why potassium is so important, and if I don't eat enough vegees, I don't get enough potassium and my food is stored as fat - yikes.

So cheers from a sugar-holic - it is getting easier for me, but it only takes me eating one thing that is loaded with sugar, and back I go to square one again. That is my take-away from the holidays. I was doing great, until I made an apple pie. What was I thinking??? Then I was back on the sugar wagon again. It's like alcohol. Some people can have a drink and take it or leave it and some people can't. I'm like that with sugar, I think. It is instant cravings, if I allow myself to eat that thing...

Oversharing again....

First off, I want to say that I really like what you call "oversharing." Is that a weakness on my part? What I like about it is that it makes the theory more real, and it gives me something to test my own experiences against. Testing my own experiences against how others make sense of the world is a major way I make my own sense of the world.
So I really find your stories helpful.

In reading the chakra book, I am seeing for the first time why the area of growth is toward the universal instead of the personal. But we still need the personal, I think. (I'm still trying to figure this all out.) The lower three chakras are all about the personal. And we need to move through them, because they are related to the body, to the physical, and we live in physical bodies. Again, I'm not sure if what I'm saying is right: I'm trying to figure it out. I think I need the personal, but I can also move beyond that, at times, into the universal. Okay. That's all I'm saying about that because I really don't know what else to say about it. For me, it's still unfolding.

I've been doing the 12 hour fast pretty much every day since watching that first video you listed. My blood sugars are kind of high in the morning, and so waiting a bit to eat after I get up is good for me. It used to be that I had to eat first thing in the morning or I'd get sick, but that has changed in the last year or so.

My best guess about how I got derailed is that it was from trying to apply some changes to my diet from a book I was reading at the time. I don't think the book was wrong, but I think the changes were too much for me. I think I felt overwhelmed. I think I had a pretty good way of eating and the changes I tried to implement from the book upset the balance I had established. (I keep saying "I think" because it's my best guess, but I may not be right.)

And because I think that trying to implement diet changes I wasn't ready for derailed me, I'm hesitant to try the intermittent fasting. I'm not saying there isn't something there for me, because I've already implemented the 12 hour fast. I want to look at it, but I want to be cautious. So, what I'm saying, is thank you for sharing. I like the choices your sharing gives me.

I laughed about your decision to eat the snacks after dinner. I don't judge it negatively because it was part of your process. But it is fun...and funny. In Madly Chasing Peace, the author decides,, at one point, that she can drink, as long as it's social drinking. After 30 days of this, she even goes up and gets her 30 day badge at her recovery program. That cracked me up. Pretty soon she realized she couldn't do the social drinking, but eventually, she was able to drink again and not be addicted to it. This was after a year or two of sobriety, I think. And after creating her own program: the 3 x 3 program. As I read the book, I understood how she could change so that she could drink again. But when she drank again, it wasn't all that wonderful. She didn't love the booze. She could take it or leave it. The place booze had in her life had changed.

I know I am still eating too much sugar. I imagine it is in the salad dressing on my salad and it is right on the label of the yogurt I eat. But when I was eating 4-6 pieces of pie in a day, I wasn't eating veggies and good stuff too. It was all pie. And I felt awful. Now I am feeling good enough to exercise.

Another difficulty I had before, when I was eating right, was figuring out how to eat AND exercise. For quite awhile I was fine with my eating and exercising,, but eventually I would feel unwell as I was exercising. I needed to change my eating to accommodate my exercise, but I didn't know how. I never did figure that out. When I first started exercising at the gym I really, really loved it. But feeling ill eventually made me stop.

I've just dipped into the empathy book. Have you read any more? Is it still helpful?

Old 10-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Chrysalis,

I've done a little research on green barley, and I like what I"m seeing. Tell me more about your experience with it, if you're willing.

One of the things it is supposed to do is lower cholesterol levels. Mine have been high for years, but I'm just starting to realize it, though the numbers have always been there. lol. Anyway, I started taking something called beta sisosterol (spelling?) and my numbers have dropped quite a bit. I guess green barley has beta sisosterol in it already.

My main purpose for drinking it was to settle a very noisy stomach. Breaking my sweet tooth was an unexpected pleasant surprise as I had no control when it came to sugar. Every day I ate at least two chocolate bars and a row of cookies. I ate donuts too, now I look at them with disdain.

It was years ago when I last took green barley. From what I remember,it's considered to be a super food. The bottle I had was only green barley (the brand name was Barley Green). There are other green drinks out there but they have other green food in it which isn't the same as pure green barley as I tried those and didn't feel any difference compared to green barley.

Anyway, the one I got was powdered. I followed the instructions on the label and mixed it up with water. The powder doesn't completely dissolve so I kept adding water, mixing and drinking until I finished off all of it.

This tasted horrible and I drank it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I got lots of energy. I finished off the bottle and got another one. By the time I was about half way through the first bottle, I began looking forward to drinking it and it started tasting better.

It settled my stomach and broke my sweet tooth. What I didn't know at the time was that it somehow removed a blood clot (showed up as a grey discharge).

As for reducing cholesterol is to use red flax seed. Grind up what you'll use in a day in a coffee grinder. Use a lot of ground up flax seed on salads, etc. It's the only food I know that gives measurable results. As to why every day, it's because once they're ground up, it breaks open the oil in them which means ground up flax seeds can't be stored for long as the oil goes rancid. Whole flax seeds can store a lot better.

If you want to know about oils, I suggest reading the book Fats That Heal,
Fats That Kill
by Dr Erasmus (hope I spelled his name right).

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 10-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Experiencer

Thanks, Chrysalis.

Wow about the blood clot!

And if green barley gets rid of sugar addiction, I've definitely got to check that out. I would LOVE lots of energy.

Maybe it would help me with my work outs?

I know a LITTLE about fats, from a friend, but looking more into them myself is an excellent idea.

What a gift your post has been to me. Thank you!
Old 10-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Experiencer

Nameless, I just watched that Dr. Berg video and I like it much more than the first one. What a great lecture! Do you have his book? I'll have to find out what it is and get it.

When you were eating all that sugar--pie and cake too--were you able to channel? Just curious.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:23 AM
Master
You're most welcome Dee, glad to help!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 11-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Nameless, I just watched that Dr. Berg video and I like it much more than the first one. What a great lecture! Do you have his book? I'll have to find out what it is and get it.

When you were eating all that sugar--pie and cake too--were you able to channel? Just curious.

No, I don't have his book. He has a new version out just lately, I think, but I don't know what it's called. I know he has changed his original book a lot since he first wrote it. i like his videos and have used some of those to help me, but I find when I focus on the Keto thing, that's when it gets too difficult. I like certain ideas and recipes (because Keto-ians eat a very low-carb diet) but its too much protein for me. So take what you want and leave the rest.

For me, its going back to the basics. Not eating out (or at least as much as I can) walking for 1/2 an hour each day (as much as the weather will allow) and eating fresh foods with a small amount of canned. And allowing myself fats instead of sugars. With the intermittant fasting, I eat twice a day, lunch at 11:30 (my work schedule) and dinner sometime between 4:30 - 6:00. And if I eat some fat at the end of the meal, it keeps me full between meals.

If I do the intermittent fasting and the walking, then it doesn't matter really what I eat, except for I have cut out most of the sugar. I call it 80/20. If I can eat healthy 80% of the time, the 20% is ok, and then if I do have some ice cream for dinner, it is not a big deal and I go back to the 80%. I have stopped beating myself up when I do eat sugar, and don't let it sidetrack me, I just allow that sometimes that is what I get to do, but it is rarer than that. I stopped weighing myself last year, because I would use the scale to beat myself up. It was the wrong energy. So, after I had been doing the IF for about 4 - 5 months, I weighed myself and was shocked to find out how much weight I had lost (30 pounds).

The thing about IF is that I lost fat. In my back at first, then legs, then other bits LOL. I felt literally like I was shrinking. It was the weirdest thing I have felt, and I had so much energy! Using fat as an energy source instead of dietary sugar is really amazing in how different I felt. I felt like a kid again, really.

But the Keto thing, I think, is just too rigid for me. I need more flexibility than that, and way less protein. So I eat more salads and vegetable soups.

And, no, eating sugar never affected my channeling. Getting rid of emotional baggage is what helped.

I had to forgive certain people in my life and I had to forgive myself.

I needed to learn it never matters what others think about me, that is none of my business, and it only matters what I think about me.

I had to learn that I live in a Safe Universe. Those 2 things, taken one at a time, for one week at a time, both changed my perspective of myself and how I was judging others and judging myself.

I had to embrace that I was crazy, and that had to be OK with me (after I started channeling - it didn't bother me before that LOL). Now I believe that everyone is crazy, in our own unique ways, and if channeling makes me look like I am crazy, then that's ok, because I can't give up channeling for "society's" ideas about what I am doing.

But if I am telling myself I am crazy, then that's not good either, so I really had to work on that one for awhile, because I am as "normal" as you can get, I just have explored other ways of being as well. It is normal to channel, everyone does it, they just don't always know they are getting information or where it is coming from. Because I try to always ask who is sending it, I know. And because I deliberately ask for the information, it is given. I don't always channel, and sometimes I go months without channeling deliberately.

But I have learned not to take it for granted either. Because it is a sharing with another being, and I have to be appreciative and treat them with the respect that they deserve, or the flow stops. It is a relationship that you will be developing, and it is give and take, and you can't always be taking without giving something back and respecting where it is coming from.

Sometimes I am called to share information, and I share. I feel like that is the giving back part. Because I am a conduit, they will use me to get their information across to someone else, and if I respect that and share the information, it feels really good, even if I am not the origination of the information, I have played a part in allowing it to flow to that person in a fashion that maybe they weren't allowing for themselves.

So I always try to remember that the message is not mine, it is not coming from me, but it is usually a me too message in that something in it is for me as well, and that is their gift to me.

A win-win :)
Old 12-02-2018, 12:20 AM
Experiencer

Thanks, as always, for your reply, Nameless.

Yesterday I watched another video by the same guy, saw he had a substance to add to kale to make a shake, looked it up and saw it cost 50 bucks. That plunged me into a deep depression. I think I don't trust him because he charges so much. But I'm not even sure my response is fair. But it is my response.

Then I read your post and now I feel better. Your way of using the program seems very balanced to me. You know yourself, and know that you need less protein. I like that you're not rigid. I think that's a sign of growth. I like the 80/20 thing, too. Nicely creative!

I have to apologize for suggesting that empath book. I really settled down and tried to read it today and I think it is awful. I went to take it back, but it's been about 10 days. I think you can take it back up to seven. I can't stand all the errors in it. The author really needs an editor. And I kept reading, looking for substance, but didn't find much. I'm glad it didn't cost much. The idea of that kind of book is good, but I am very disappointed in it.

Thanks for letting me know that the sugar didn't interfere with your channeling. I mean, a LOT of sugar didn't interfere with your channeling.

I think I'm afraid and need your "the universe is a safe place" attitude. Maybe I should try that idea in my 3 x3 meditations, which seem to be working to keep me from bingeing on sugar. I did have a Pepsi yesterday, because it was free and I wanted it, but I didn't beat myself up for it. One Pepsi really isn't bad compared to 4-6 pieces of pie.

I think it was maybe a year after my son died that I would eat two giant candy bars, one right after the other, and two regular cokes. I don't know if the cokes were right after each other or not. But I did that for a few days and I started feeling really unwell. That sick feeling led me to make drastic changes to my life, which I maintained for a long time. But every time someone died (my father, my dog, my best friend), I quit eating healthy. It probably took me a year each time to get back to healthy eating. This last time I began healthy eating, I lost 35-40 pounds. It was really easy to do. It was fun to see my body change shape. Then no one died, but I think I was trying to make additional eating changes that plunged me into depression, sorta like that video did yesterday. So there's probably some baggage there that I have to figure out. But I wasn't eating **** for a year this time. I'm not sure how long it was, but not more than a few months. So, I do think a look at the big picture shows I've made real progress.

But back to the safety thing. I'm afraid of channeling. Afraid that I'll encounter some low level entities. I'm reading The Psychic Healing Book by Amy Wallace and Bill Henkin. They recommend that if you channel, you do it with the help of someone who knows how. Have someone there in person. I do know someone who channels, and I may talk to her about it, but I still have to deal with my fear. When I first heard "words," I was afraid of them. But I hear them frequently now, and they don't scare me in the least. However, channeling is going deeper than just words. It's whole sentences.

Recently I've gotten some messages that haven't felt right. I don't remember what they were. But there were some that seemed to come with a negative attitude, and so I think they were from negative entities. That didn't actually scare me. I just respectfully told them to go away and they did.

I guess that's all I want to say right now. lol...it is enough, I think!

Take care. Be well. Be loving to yourself as well as others.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:41 AM
Master

Hey Dee - I am going to split this into 2 posts, because it is a long one LOL.

I think you channeled the empathy book for me :). That is the way it works sometimes. I do that all the time with my family. I’ll go to a book store and pick up some books that look interesting, then come home and realize they are not for me, but for that other person. So thank you! I read what I could for free on Amazon, and i think that was really what I needed to hear at that moment in time. And it is interesting to note I only noticed one grammer/spelling error, and it didn’t bother me in the least. I connected to the words and the energy behind the words, and it felt really good to read that. So don’t doubt you do some channeling.

Fear is necessary in life. It keeps our bodies from harm. We come in wired that way. It is the “herd” mentality. If a herd of buffalos, or gazzels, if one of them hears something, they all stop and look up and go, no way, and head for the hills. So we come in wired with some fears, and our ego mind is there to protect us as well. Sometimes we have to go around the ego mind, and tell it, thank you, I appreciate what you are doing, but I am doing this other thing over here right now.

I have learned that there is so much joy behind my fears, hiding. The most joy I have had in my life, other than my family, is from channeling, and I had to get beyond my fears to find it. There is such goodness and light and wonderful, wonderful things.

But I didn’t start out that way. My husband bought one of Abraham’s audio sets on CD and listened to it while he was driving back and forth, and then wanted me to listen to it. I said, no way. I didn’t want any part of it. It creeped me out. Then my daughter said, well guess what? I do that too. And the world I had known turned on its head, in an instant. Same thing had happened when she told me she was gay. She has come out of many closets in her life, and it has been a wild ride keeping up with her. But it has come with joy and fun and sadness and tears and all that goes with change.

She called “them” the Sky. And her partner could channel too (who is now her wife). I was intrigued and didn’t want to be left behind, so I listened to the first part of the cd my husband had bought. We were on the freeway and he popped it in, and I was transfixed. It was so different than I thought it would be. I wasn’t expecting to buy into it.

So I began to ask my daughter, when I had a thought, could she ask the Sky for me about such and such. And she would **** her head to one side and listen, and then give me an answer. She was so natural about the whole thing, and not at all afraid, and told me she had been psychic from a small child. I learned a lot about something I never knew about my child, that she felt she couldn’t tell me, that I felt ashamed that she thought we were so closed she couldn’t share.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:41 AM
Master

2nd part LOL :)

But I did have fears, but I slowly overcame them. And when she told me I could channel as well, I didn’t believe her, but it didn’t feel wrong. So, later, when I decided I wanted her to channel Seth for me (because I was loving his book and wanted to ask him questions) she told me no. She was never shy about telling me no. She said she thought that I wanted to channel him myself. And I let that stew for awhile before I got up the courage to think about learning. But she and her partner were living with us by then, and so I was surrounded by this channeling energy. I had people to ask questions, I had the Sky to ask questions, and it was a miraculous time in my life. My husband learned to channel his guide as well.

So I believe that their openness and willingness to share with us what was going on with them and being around that energy helped us to connect to it. Part of their journey is helping others to learn to channel. In fact, they teach a class on it now, and channel for others weekly. But they had quite a journey of their own to get to that space.

So, as afraid as I was, I had people to ask questions and the energy was very loving. They always laughed that their guides were not higher guides, and that always bothered me, but their guides were awesome and amazing and we had a lot of miracles happen in our lives that I can’t explain to anyone else.

So I would find other people that channel, if you can, and ask them if they would be open to you spending some time with them. I would listen to you tube channelers and see what feels right (not everyone will). Be in the energy of the channeling space as others channel, be around that energy, until it doesn’t feel like fear anymore, but excitement. Read channeled books, read Seth Speaks - which is quite strange, but so amazing and loving.

I learned I can turn it off and turn it on when I want. After I learned to channel, and I was thinking I was crazy, I turned it off. Deliberately. When I was ready, I turned it back on. You do have the right to say no as well. Just tell your guides you are not ready to hear them yet, and when you are ready, you will ask. And tell anyone else that is not your guide to leave, and if they are not from the light to leave.

They will, and you will find you have the control over it. It is a muscle that you are learning to use.

Hope this helps!