Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
With an awareness of my own deeper levels in reflection, for me even after the fact, if my negativity arises or I fail, I am conscious of this in myself.I see that those reflections show me where I can go deeper in myself even so. This is just how I view these things for myself to deepen into being peace, not just knowing it and failing over and over the same way. I am the one that ends all that.

In reflections I let my failings teach me. So when I am disturbed by negative thinking, I listen to myself and move myself back to that point of peace more quickly now days. Then naturally I work through building compassion and loving kindness in myself for that space in me, which naturally enriches my actions for other life.

And of course you are right negativity in the mind with disturbance can activate and heighten our fight/flight/survival modes as well as move us to act in ways that harm and hurt others or ourselves. So being aware of yourself moving in a more complete awareness of you supports this process which I call conscious mindfulness of everything moving within me. Which in my movements towards all life becomes that point I reflect outwardly.
From a certain perspective, one could see happiness as 'disturbance of inner peace' too.
Old 29-07-2016, 11:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
From a certain perspective, one could see happiness as 'disturbance of inner peace' too.

Is this about peace or balance in this seeing?

For me balance has taught me that any disturbance that imbalances my state of balance (which is my deeper grounded state of peace to move more freely and one that only I know and require for myself) requires my attention to bring back balance.

So I just listen to myself

What about you?

I rarely notice you speaking from personal experiences? So is this your view or another's view?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-07-2016, 12:25 AM
Suspended
Quote:
With an awareness of my own deeper levels in reflection, for me even after the fact, if my negativity arises or I fail, I am conscious of this in myself.I see that those reflections show me where I can go deeper in myself even so. This is just how I view these things for myself to deepen into being peace, not just knowing it and failing over and over the same way. I am the one that ends all that if I am aware and conscious to know I can end in myself.

In reflections I let my failings teach me. So when I am disturbed by negative thinking, I listen to myself and move myself back to that point of peace more quickly now days. Then naturally I work through building compassion and loving kindness in myself for that space in me, which naturally enriches my actions for other life.

And of course you are right negativity in the mind with disturbance can activate and heighten our fight/flight/survival modes as well as move us to act in ways that harm and hurt others or ourselves. So being aware of yourself moving in a more complete awareness of you supports this process which I call conscious mindfulness of everything moving within me. Which in my movements towards all life becomes that point I reflect outwardly.

When you really possess an advanced/highest level of dharma your mind is always calm to face yourself and the outside world. This process is also named as a part of advanced dharma.

On the other hand, when we have a calm mind then we can possess and learn higher dharma. They are associated with each other, it's for a learner as well with a master. For the understanding of advanced dharma your mind should be at this stage nothing can disturb you. That's the true meaning of/to be "emptiness" in the learning of Buddhism.

First, we have to clear you mind nothing troubling you inside your mind, using the stage of outlook to feel the dharma field ,the inspiration of mind is up raising to a different level and within that you practice the higher dharma.

The dharma field is inside your mind, you may or may not to find it but you have to try your best to seek for it. This is Zen theory or my theory.
Old 30-07-2016, 12:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
When you really possess an advanced/highest level of dharma your mind is always calm to face yourself and the outside world. This process is also named as a part of advanced dharma.

On the other hand, when we have a calm mind then we can possess and learn higher dharma. They are associated with each other, it's for a learner as well with a master. For the understanding of advanced dharma your mind should be at this stage nothing can disturb you. That's the true meaning of/to be "emptiness" in the learning of Buddhism.

First, we have to clear you mind nothing troubling you inside your mind, using the stage of outlook to feel the dharma field ,the inspiration of mind is up raising to a different level and within that you practice the higher dharma.

The dharma field is inside your mind, you may or may not to find it but you have to try your best to seek for it. This is Zen theory or my theory.

Thankyou Jeremy, that was informative to read. I understand when I break down my own process into stages, how it can be related to what your saying here and how it can be viewed and seen.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-07-2016, 01:22 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
So I just listen to myself...

What is this "myself?" It seems to be thoughts and opinions and beliefs.

Quote:
What about you?
I rarely notice you speaking from personal experiences? So is this your view or another's view?

Isn't this post of yours a story of others?
Old 30-07-2016, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
What is this "myself?" It seems to be thoughts and opinions and beliefs.

It will be as you make it seem to be. I am not involved in your questioning.

Quote:
Isn't this post of yours a story of others?

What are you bringing into this that was my question to Serrao?

My post is what it is. You can make it be whatever you like. So you tell me what your seeing in this question that made you ask? I am open to hear your view a little more Ryan if you wish to share. Is it about my post or is that you see something in my post and question to Serrao that you need to clarify for yourself?

Old 30-07-2016, 02:23 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
It will be as you make it seem to be. I am not involved in your questioning.

Well no. You posted that "I only listen to myself" then you posted a lot of opinions and thoughts and beliefs. So that is what you are listening to. That must be what you believe yourself to be, your thoughts. opinions, judgement, beliefs.

Quote:
What are you bringing into this that was my question to Serrao?

For someone who claims to only be listening to yourself, you are very "other person" focused. You were focused on and judging Serrao and now you are focused on me. You are very involved in the "story of others." Since you claim to only listen to yourself, are you talking to yourself now?

Quote:
My post is what it is. You can make it be whatever you like. So you tell me what your seeing in this question that made you ask? I am open to hear your view a little more Ryan if you wish to share. Is it about my post or is that you see something in my post and question to Serrao that you need to clarify for yourself?

You can also make your post whatever you like. You can focus on what Serrao and me posted (the story of others) or you can choose to focus "on yourself" instead. I observed you posting that you only focus on yourself while you were focusing on the posts of others, judging them, forming opinions of them, so I merely asked you, what is this "myself" you are only focusing on? Because clearly, you are focusing on your thoughts. Seems to be you believe your thoughts are you.

Can you actually focus on yourself and observe you are focused on your thoughts? Or do you believe "you" and your thoughts are the same thing?
Old 30-07-2016, 02:30 AM
Suspended
Master

double post
Old 30-07-2016, 02:50 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Thankyou Jeremy, that was informative to read. I understand when I break down my own process into stages, how it can be related to what your saying here and how it can be viewed and seen.

At the stage of calmness/emptiness to see/to feel the dharma field. What's the dharma field? It's inside your mind whatever you want to do just do it, that's dharma. The outcome can be low or very advanced/complex pieces of dharma.
Old 30-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
At the stage of calmness/emptiness to see/to feel the dharma field. What's the dharma field? It's inside your mind whatever you want to do just do it, that's dharma. The outcome can be low or very advanced/complex pieces of dharma.

Thanks again Jeremy I am finding your sharing really helpful.