Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 PM
nightowl

Honza,

Can you please share the scripture or verse where Satan claims to be God?
Thank you...
Old 07-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Honza,

Can you please share the scripture or verse where Satan claims to be God?
Thank you...

You have got me there. I don't know where it is or even if it is in the Bible. I've heard that story many times though. I'm not sure where it originates from.

That is a good point. Why did Satan fall? Did he call himself God?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
You have got me there. I don't know where it is or even if it is in the Bible. I've heard that story many times though. I'm not sure where it originates from.

That is a good point. Why did Satan fall? Actually that would be Lucifer, jealousy Did he call himself God?
I know of no place where satan calls himself God.
(Most Christian authors will never honor satan by capitalizing the name, btw....I liked that and follow suit.)

Lucifer - as the story goes - was jealous that God made Man more powerful , more special than even the angels ---of which Lucifer was a top dog (ref Hebrews Ch 1, 2 and Peter 3 - they are subject now to Jesus at God's right hand,)
Lucifer never said he was God, hope I got that right.
And neither did satan - - after the fall, he was never referred to again as 'Lucifer' a beloved angel of God's.

Satan is the ruler of this world, however (according to the stories, that is)...thus, Jesus never questioned satan's power to give him riches here on earth - because he did have that power - it was truly a temptation for Jesus during his 40 days of fasting.
(If he had no power there couldn't have been a temptation, see?)

But ''God''? - I'd like to see where that might be also.
Now, in Is 14:12 - God laments about the fall of Lucifer (the first time he is mentioned by name, KJV) ''the son of the morning...''

Later Lucifer says, "I will be like the Most High." He's just spouting what he wants to be.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Master
Thank you Miss Hepburn! Perfect answer!

This is why the great rishis of India and Jesus' teachings are on par along with Buddha's encounter with Mara. Yogananda even himself, the yogi as you know, had personal encounters with Satan.

Satan is just as much a part of God as we all are. He is called in Isaiah, the blacksmith. He has tools and devices that put up screens and walls of ignorance keeping us unaware of God while in the flesh. Satan has a cosmic purpose of keeping the good and evil balances.

Satan is a force. "Lightning falling from heaven". Jesus could have used another word. But he didn't he used lightning. Not just because it is fast. But because it is an energy. Satan is an energy and force. And this Force was rejected from the heavenly cosmos because it began creating temptations and sensual delights to steer souls out of Heaven into matter. And so God the Absolute Spirit made a firmament between the Spiritual world and the physical world. This firmament is Maya, the cosmic delusion. It makes everything seem separated from God. Satan, which is basically God in Matter, or a backwards version of God could have given Jesus anything he wanted or Buddha anything.

The greedy souls on Wall street. How else did they receive their selfish gifts and aims when coming into incarnation? Siding with the Satanic energy. How did millions of Germans fall to the suggestive and powerful voice of Hitler and controlled like puppets? Alliance with that satanic energy. How did millions of Christians in the Crusades forget their illuminating teachings of their Messiah Jesus and fall prey to ignorance and "KILL" in the name of God? Cooperation with this energy.

So the idea of becoming possessed by the devil is a real thing. Not like in the movies but has a spiritual scientific explanation to back it up.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Master
Interesting, thankyou.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 PM
nightowl

Satan as is mentioned earlier in the responses is totally different then the way Christian theology interpret it. The passage in Isaiah were Lucifer is mentioned; which is a Latin word by the way that was inserted into the passage by Jerome when translating the text. This passage is about a actually king at the time, it is telling of this kings fall from glory, not satan. Which wasn't even considered and angel until Christianity interpreted it that way. So in essence all interpretation of satan in the new testament are just theories and conjecture. It is their way of finding a place to assign evil in the world, it is all the devils fault...
Old 07-12-2011, 10:08 PM
TeeHee

Ezekiel 28:12-18

Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Master
I honestly do not think Ezekiel was referring to Satan. He is referring to the king of Tyrus in his literal statement. He is saying how we all have been in the Garden of Eden as the cherub, as the angel. As the divine soul. But we found error in ourselves and cast ourselves out. The rest is personally for Tyrus himself in which God is saying he will crush him to the ground for his errors. Not that God is a cosmic dictator but due to Tyrus' evil deeds he will reap. From the bad fruit/action Tyrus had made for himself, he shall eat from that bad fruit and die from that fruit to learn a lesson.

And if Ezekiel is referring to the Devil, then he means the devil has entered us all making us short of God's divine nature.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 PM
TeeHee

Luke 10:18-20

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Master
To me this whole issue of 'calling oneself God' is a moral dilema. It is something I feel has been puzzling me for as long as I (my soul) has existed. It is something which has really gotten under my skin.

Is Jesus the only one who has the right (or wrong) to call Himself God? May people call themselves god (not God) too?

Do you see? It is a moral minefield.