Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 27-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Squatchit- I've always been quietly drawn to the Sirens.

LOL!

Ha! I only realised what I said when you pointed it out.

Hahahahhaha, that's funny.
Old 27-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Master
Heeheehaha!

I'm partial to the Sassquatchit!

Old 27-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Master
Sinbad................Thor.............enlightenme nt (LOL)
Old 27-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Heeheehaha!

I'm partial to the Sassquatchit!

Hahahhahahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Oh boy.
Old 28-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hahahhahahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Oh boy.

You have no idea how long I've waited for this opportunity, hhheeeyah!

Old 29-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Administrator
As for Legends i like merlin, but there is a Legend here in wales and to be honest

i can actually see it coming true, there was a small village here it had houses a church just the normal. things that you would expect.

then the idiotic government of the time, said that because england was short of water,

that the village should be drowned out, no thinking of the ppl living there, they should move out,

they drowned the village just so england could have our water,it was said then on days that the weather is hot and the water levels fall,

the village would rise again, id does when there is little water there,

and it is said the village will reclaim its ppl back, and the english will fall,

well the hatred for the english, is well known amongst the celtic nations, and the celts will band together, and if u know anything of the celts you will know, ireland scotland and wales are the celtic nations,
the welsh have meibion glyndwr who used to fire bomb any english owned property in wales,

go to ireland and they find out ure english look out, same for scotland,

things have changed and not all the english are bad, but that is the legend

Namaste
Old 29-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

nightowl

i grew up in N. Tarrytown where the Legend of Sleepy Hollow took place. i used to play in the Old Dutch Church and lived on Katrina Ave. my elder sister went to Sleep Hollow High School whose mascot was (and still is) the Headless Horseman. one of my friends lived in the Van Tassel apartments. lol

the historical name North Tarrytown was recently changed to Sleepy Hollow so to hype tourism but IMO it was a bad idea since the name North Tarrytown is actually mentioned in Irving's original story.
Old 29-06-2011, 10:05 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i grew up in N. Tarrytown where the Legend of Sleepy Hollow took place. i used to play in the Old Dutch Church and lived on Katrina Ave. my elder sister went to Sleep Hollow High School whose mascot was (and still is) the Headless Horseman. one of my friends lived in the Van Tassel apartments. lol

the historical name North Tarrytown was recently changed to Sleepy Hollow so to hype tourism but IMO it was a bad idea since the name North Tarrytown is actually mentioned in Irving's original story.

Yeah IQ I heard they had changed the name. I'm with you I like the original name. Have you ever participated in any of the Halloween stuff they do? I want to make it up there sometime, for the past couple of years I have tried to plan a trip and well it hasn't panned out yet.

nightowl
Old 01-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Master
nightowl -

My favorite myth is the Amityville Horror story. By 1977, the DeFeo home would be the center of a haunted house story that experts labeled a hoax. But the story took off on its own and a book was written followed by a movie.

Blackraven
Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 AM
nightowl

Hey native spirit,

That is a sad legend and I know things like that happened in many places. Reminds me that very often in myth and legends there is a hint of truth in it somewhere.

blackraven,

I remember this story. I think there are probably houses like that though all over the world, don't you? There is something within them that just effects those who live in them.

nightowl