Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 19-11-2018, 09:54 PM
Astro Astro is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Earth, from Beta Centauri
Posts: 2,090
  Astro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
I swear, it's getting worse, every day. If we don't change for the better, any sooner, then we might end up like the dinosaurs or worse, in an "H.G. Wells Time Machine" type future where mankind is divided into two races; the Eloi and the Morlocks. I'm not making this up, either. I am being dead serious! There is so much hate in our world and vile people who do cruel things and it's not improving for the better. First of all, it seems that mass shootings are now an everyday thing. Then you have people on the internet refusing to be nice and they ALWAYS get away with it and that's just wrong! Nothing is being a addressed with bullying and the congress seems to careless. I really hate to see where mankind will be, in the next 100 years. I don't even want to imagine. Be optimistic all you like, but I bring up a good point.

"Why does mankind refuse to change for the better?"

It seems as if there is too much corruption in place in the world, too much to overcome. Life in many societies' has so many needs', demands', & distractions': family, work, education, rest, socialising, media, entertainment, etc. etc.
I tend to find that many people are too hopeless, or dis-empowered to do anything about the problems' we face. Others don't seem to care.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 21-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,564
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
I just thought about a saying... "Don't worry about what others are doing, worry about what you are NOT doing".

I like to think about it this way, that the world I see is not "my reality". I have heard there are wars, hatred, hostility etc in other dimensions...but they are no more as real to me than a movie on the TV set is...The gamut of human existence is pure fantasy for me.

Some may say that I live in delusion or have created a fantasy world all by and for myself, but if ignorance is bliss, then give me the bliss at all costs...even my own sanity, because it is much preferable to any alternate reality.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 21-11-2018, 09:16 PM
Sapphirez Sapphirez is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Us
Posts: 1,349
  Sapphirez's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I just thought about a saying... "Don't worry about what others are doing, worry about what you are NOT doing".

I like to think about it this way, that the world I see is not "my reality". I have heard there are wars, hatred, hostility etc in other dimensions...but they are no more as real to me than a movie on the TV set is...The gamut of human existence is pure fantasy for me.

Some may say that I live in delusion or have created a fantasy world all by and for myself, but if ignorance is bliss, then give me the bliss at all costs...even my own sanity, because it is much preferable to any alternate reality.

I like where you began with that lol and think it is of profundity, but the latter part I think is probably a lot what is wrong with the world. now first you are absolutely right, especially when we seem to have a personal issues, it is up to us to change our own selves and world rather than looking at what is wrong with others or whatever else besides us. this is a lesson I am learning slowly but surely. and afterall we can only control ourselves.

I just saw a post of yours about the book you're writing and it sounds spectacular! and I wonder how much farther you've gotten into it since you last posted in your thread over a year ago.. I'm sure others would be interested in an update if you feel like posting in it, but anyways I am bringing it up because something that has helped me a lot is a tapping/acupressure/affirmation/cbt type therapy called EFT, which there is surprisingly a section on this forum for, albeit not a very active one. so you mentioned a chapter on cbt and I wanted to inform you about EFT because it is that and thensome. I do think that cbt can have its own value and sometimes it's just nice to talk to someone freely, but EFT has been studied vs it and comes up more effective in a shorter amount of time.

It has helped me a lot along with a friend who practices it and has done it with me online or through the phone, though it is something you can do yourself too or follow along with youtube videos. it helps us become more conscious and aware of our situations and deal with deep-rooted issues that may be responsible for repeating them. the main focus for me with them, besides the personal issues I address, is to remind myself that I can control how I deal with what happens to me and I should remain graceful and grateful and only then can I best deal with unwelcome situations, which I can find further meaning from. which is similar to your philosophy except that at the end you tout ignorance as bliss which might be the main problem with the world.. If more people care about more people's issues and situations, then we can stop turning blind eyes and come together better, or have the guts to face our own issues if others spotlight them instead of allowing us to obscure them in shadows where they can stagnate and cripple us.

So I believe too we must take responsibility for ourselves and be accepting of what is past and present, but from there we have a clear canvas to create what we want. it is too easy in my opinion to get stuck and dwell on darkness that threatens to take over us, and we have to overcome this, but sometimes the input or interest of others is just what we need, and besides we are not here alone so we should be able to come together to help each other, even if just a little bit with a token of honesty. I think that if more people were willing to stand up for and stand up to others we would have a brighter world with more positive activity as a result. that being said, I do hold dear the philosophy of realizing what I can do in any given situation to make it better for myself (and hopefully others though usually in my case they are fighting me trying to make things better for them lol) and I love the way your quote puts it so succinctly

one last thing, while I do think we should at least in some ways be more involved with each other's worlds to cast more light, I do agree that we should not obsess about wars and tragedies and all these terrible things because then they get more power they don't need
__________________
peachy
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 22-11-2018, 12:43 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,564
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I like where you began with that lol and think it is of profundity, but the latter part I think is probably a lot what is wrong with the world. now first you are absolutely right, especially when we seem to have a personal issues, it is up to us to change our own selves and world rather than looking at what is wrong with others or whatever else besides us. this is a lesson I am learning slowly but surely. and afterall we can only control ourselves.

I just saw a post of yours about the book you're writing and it sounds spectacular! and I wonder how much farther you've gotten into it since you last posted in your thread over a year ago.. I'm sure others would be interested in an update if you feel like posting in it, but anyways I am bringing it up because something that has helped me a lot is a tapping/acupressure/affirmation/cbt type therapy called EFT, which there is surprisingly a section on this forum for, albeit not a very active one. so you mentioned a chapter on cbt and I wanted to inform you about EFT because it is that and thensome. I do think that cbt can have its own value and sometimes it's just nice to talk to someone freely, but EFT has been studied vs it and comes up more effective in a shorter amount of time.

It has helped me a lot along with a friend who practices it and has done it with me online or through the phone, though it is something you can do yourself too or follow along with youtube videos. it helps us become more conscious and aware of our situations and deal with deep-rooted issues that may be responsible for repeating them. the main focus for me with them, besides the personal issues I address, is to remind myself that I can control how I deal with what happens to me and I should remain graceful and grateful and only then can I best deal with unwelcome situations, which I can find further meaning from. which is similar to your philosophy except that at the end you tout ignorance as bliss which might be the main problem with the world.. If more people care about more people's issues and situations, then we can stop turning blind eyes and come together better, or have the guts to face our own issues if others spotlight them instead of allowing us to obscure them in shadows where they can stagnate and cripple us.

So I believe too we must take responsibility for ourselves and be accepting of what is past and present, but from there we have a clear canvas to create what we want. it is too easy in my opinion to get stuck and dwell on darkness that threatens to take over us, and we have to overcome this, but sometimes the input or interest of others is just what we need, and besides we are not here alone so we should be able to come together to help each other, even if just a little bit with a token of honesty. I think that if more people were willing to stand up for and stand up to others we would have a brighter world with more positive activity as a result. that being said, I do hold dear the philosophy of realizing what I can do in any given situation to make it better for myself (and hopefully others though usually in my case they are fighting me trying to make things better for them lol) and I love the way your quote puts it so succinctly

one last thing, while I do think we should at least in some ways be more involved with each other's worlds to cast more light, I do agree that we should not obsess about wars and tragedies and all these terrible things because then they get more power they don't need
Very profoundly stated.

I started writing a book once...finished three chapters of it, then lost interest. I realised I had said everything I wanted to say in about 30 pages, and came to the awareness that a book wasn't meant to be written in an abridged form at the outset and I could not come up with so much "filler rubbish" in order to extend it out into any kind of readable tome...clearly, I have neither the patience nor aptitude for book writing and I had to discover that the hard way.

I have also moved on from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) which deals more with Radical Acceptance of things we have no power to change.

I have looked into EFT and Rapid Eye Movement Desensitisation, but realised that these procedures were "not for me", even though I seek to address my concerns at a subconscious level, so I am going back into doing Yoga Nidra on a more intense and involved level...not leaving it just for those times when insomnia bites.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-12-2018, 01:21 AM
BlakeGood88 BlakeGood88 is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 77
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Very profoundly stated.

I started writing a book once...finished three chapters of it, then lost interest. I realised I had said everything I wanted to say in about 30 pages, and came to the awareness that a book wasn't meant to be written in an abridged form at the outset and I could not come up with so much "filler rubbish" in order to extend it out into any kind of readable tome...clearly, I have neither the patience nor aptitude for book writing and I had to discover that the hard way.

I have also moved on from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) which deals more with Radical Acceptance of things we have no power to change.

I have looked into EFT and Rapid Eye Movement Desensitisation, but realised that these procedures were "not for me", even though I seek to address my concerns at a subconscious level, so I am going back into doing Yoga Nidra on a more intense and involved level...not leaving it just for those times when insomnia bites.

I tried several attempts at writing books. Most of them are incomplete. However, I did complete a short story about a teenage boy having a past life as a little girl, during the Great Depression, who is that struck and killed by an oncoming train. I also made it halfway through writing a full novel about a guy who finds out he exists as a female, in a parallel universe.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums