Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 17-12-2018, 03:46 AM
Knower
Chi gathering and importance of food

When i ask if we are trying to gather as much chi as we can in the body in qigong some of the replies i get are thats not the case and we are trying
to be able to move the chi better in the body and merge with outside chi better
... is there any importance to getting more chi in the body ? why some talk about gathering chi from food and consuming food with a lot of chi ? and not food with little chi ?
Old 17-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
... is there any importance to getting more chi in the body ?

It depends what you are trying to achieve. Balancing your food intake is as important as balancing you energies you bring in from the outside, cosmic energies, cool earth energies, developing you sexual energies, ching chi.
As I said it all depends where you want to go with it.
A balance food intake can play a helping role in all this.

acid/alkaline, hot/cold and so on
Old 18-12-2018, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
When i ask if we are trying to gather as much chi as we can in the body in qigong some of the replies i get are thats not the case and we are trying
to be able to move the chi better in the body and merge with outside chi better
... is there any importance to getting more chi in the body ? why some talk about gathering chi from food and consuming food with a lot of chi ? and not food with little chi ?

If you don't put the correct Fuel in your Vehicle it will not run.
Old 19-12-2018, 03:45 PM
ImthatIm

I like to think about it like this.

Grown food from your own personal garden is best.
Foraged food from your environment is best.
A big part of this is freshness of course. Plants right out of the ground or leaves and seed pods off the plant, and berries,
fruits, nuts right from the trees or bushes.
Another big part is the microbes in your environment, I believe they call it probiotics.
Whatever microbes that are in your environment
are going to be the microbes in your digestive system.
A big part of how you get your nutrients are actually what these microbes break down.
These days we can get foods from all over the world with different microbes.
And you don't really know the nutrition/chemical content of foods from around the world.
It is also best not to wash or clean your local unpolluted foods to much.
A little film on root veggies has lots of microbes.
The closer your food is to life the better.
Of course we can't always do the best so we do what we can.
There are books that can teach you about your local flora and fauna and the edible plants.
We can plant foods in pots. Then of course farmers markets and then grocery stores, fresh produce then frozen/dehydrated.
Canned foods are near the bottom of list. Veggies from the can should be rinsed of the canning salt/solution.
The foods with preservatives have nothing to do with preserving your life.
Growing and gathering is always a good qi practice.
These are only my opinions.
Old 20-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Knower
its related to the general question -

1 . i understand by foremer replies that in qigong we train to move qi in and out of body better

2 . i understand by foremer replies that in qigong we train that chi can flow better in the body (by removing blockages)

are we also accumlating qi in the body ? as in the more qi the better ?

(ignoring for the sake of the question what rah nam wrote cause that is a completely different way to look at things and im still confused about the aspect of gathering qi vs moving it)
Old 20-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
its related to the general question -

1 . i understand by foremer replies that in qigong we train to move qi in and out of body better

2 . i understand by foremer replies that in qigong we train that chi can flow better in the body (by removing blockages)

are we also accumlating qi in the body ? as in the more qi the better ?

(ignoring for the sake of the question what rah nam wrote cause that is a completely different way to look at things and im still confused about the aspect of gathering qi vs moving it)

All these questions you keep asking are exactly the same as previous posts from months ago WD. I have tried to help you but you keep referring to what others are telling you so we are wasting time. Find yourself a Teacher and stick with them because jumping from one to another will confuse you. Good luck....
Old 20-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Knower
please stop with that i already explained in the past - im aware i asked this in the past but i didnt get a full and clear reply so im asking further to get a reply

i dont jump from teachers i have a few teachers that i stick to (9 hours a week) but i cant ask them too much questions to overload and im trying to get extra info here on this forum

replies like the one you wrote really derail the subject and start to become some meta - petty arguing so please stop doing it on forums - i am intersted in your answer about this subject and to read your comments about this (especially cause sadly there are not much commentators) but if its just this scoldings than i rather you dont reply than reply comments like the one above
Old 20-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Knower
I did re read your answers in other threads sky and some of them are good replies and i am appreciative of them - just want to make that part very clear

just i dont see it as a sin to re- ask questions - usually i get different answeres that make it clearer to understand
Old 20-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I did re read your answers in other threads sky and some of them are good replies and i am appreciative of them - just want to make that part very clear

just i dont see it as a sin to re- ask questions - usually i get different answeres that make it clearer to understand

If you keep asking different people the same question you sometimes will get confused, if I were you I would stick to one teacher until you are more advanced then you will find it easier to work out what makes sense and what doesn't.

I have had the same Sifu for 25 years, and now teach myself, but I still get guidance from him, he is Chinese and 83 years old, his knowledge is amazing. I also practise Tai Chi which he also taught me. If you have a good Teacher then they should answer all your questions, if they can't then look elsewhere.

You can find very good books which can also help you, look around, or ask your Teachers to recommend some titles. I don't know what Style of Qigong you are learning, there are so many and some are not genuine / authentic. You have to be careful and make sure your Teacher is registered and insured to teach.

Good luck WD.
Old 25-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Knower
I do 9 hours worth a week of qigong courses with different qigong teachers which i keep mainly from zhineng qigong

the questions are not usually the exact same question with same exact phrasing but still when it is - when you ask the same people the same exact question you get different answeres and this is especially true in this spiritual type questions - so when i dont understand fully something i see nothing wrong in re asking questions

I cant ask teachers too much questions