Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2007, 09:28 PM
dark_veil

are you an empath?

DO you feel other peoples emotions and pain

I do, I can even feel them by just opening an email

if my close friends are sick I get their pains?

Anyone else experience these things?

huggs
dark veil
Old 29-01-2007, 09:39 PM
ljepotica

Welcome fellow empath

Yes I do feel other peoples emotions but have not felt pain from others who are sick...

It can be frustrating but also a blessing being an empath-the important thing is to learn to seperate your emotions from other people's emotions.

Anyhow I'm sure that there are a number of empaths on this forum: so come forward all ye empaths

Lots of love,

S xxxx
Old 29-01-2007, 10:33 PM
biyu_wolf_77

i concider myself a part empath cause ill pickup on srtong negative emotions from my friends its happened across campus sofar at furtherest (ive ben gettin a slight headache lately i think i know who to attribute that to inwhich case across the city is furthest ive gotten)

an yea it is fun tho fer me as i prefier no shields an that so i get that bit more of human experience the emotions have taken control of me once or 2x tho i can usially chill tem enough fer me ta be ok

whats more fun tho only happened once when i wasnt thinkin is when i was next to a friend that was havin a bad day i channeled his living mom(im posative thats where comment came from)

shuttin up now
Old 29-01-2007, 11:26 PM
auricman

yeah i get this at will. sometimes when i don't want it too.
the first time was strange. i was watching my fish in the fish tank and one was being very slow and i must have linked with it and i could feel chest pains and it died about 2 days later.
but now its a very useful tool/gift :)

always great stuff
Old 29-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Lapis

I Feel For You....

I too have been an empath for most of my life, not that I always knew that's what it was called! I just thought I was weird and weak for a long while....how sad is that?

Now its so much a part of 'me' that I don't always pay much attention to it, like a TV that's on in another room in the house. I hear it but can also not hear it when needed. That I think is also another way of coping with the constant noise from other people as I call it. Emotional noise, physical body noise, mental noise, psychic noise and past/other life noise occasionally.

I remember THE day that all of this hit me and changed my attitude about naturally picking up other peoples energies, in this case, from physically touching an object. It was about 28ish years ago and I was waiting at the gas station to fill my car. This elderly man was in front of me and when he finished and drove off, I pulled my car up to where he'd been. When I touched the gas pump I jumped and felt utterly horrible and knew that elderly man had cancer and was dying from it. He didn't even know.

In that moment I knew I had to change how I dealt with the 'reality' I was in and learn how to isolate and protect myself from all the noise out there or I'd loose my few marbles fast! It's funny that to be this way one needs to be very thin skinned so to speak and yet, because of the very things empaths and "psychics" perceive constantly, they must learn how to be very thick skinned to cope and remain balanced etc. More 'whole brained' in other words.

On a good/bad day I can sense people driving past half a block away from my house and what they're feeling and/or thinking at that moment. More noise and one of many reasons why I want to move and live in a cave or a mountain top somewhere. Just an aspect of having a satelite dish with a wider range than the majority is all....and you learn to adapt and adjust and realign when needed.

Last edited by Lapis : 29-01-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 29-01-2007, 11:57 PM
biyu_wolf_77

bet youre not often bored--seems im allways bored these days not allways a good thing thats fer shure
Old 30-01-2007, 12:27 AM
ljepotica

It can be painful in the sense that when a loved one is suffering you can feel it...and if they don't want to admit their pain or suffering and are in denial it can be rather horrible.

On a positive note it's great to be able to see peoples strengths-even if they don't see these themeslves...

It is a nightmare, however, when you live in a huge city like I do-I mean you can protect yourself but the noise and the amount of people!

Nevertheless I would never give this empath ability up for anything!!!

Lapis-that must have been a bit shocking for you to discover what you did about that man...I hear you when you say you want to live in a cave or a mountain:)
Old 30-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Makoorakoo

Hey all,
Im an empath and I believe anyone with a heart has this ability. I can also cause empathy to react in others in cases that require them to have fist hand experiences in whats being felt by others. It is wise to keep an eye on empath abilities and keep them from being accidentaly effected in your own emotions at the wrong time. It is wise to test you own emotions and clear them of any unwanted influences.

love and blessings to all
Old 30-01-2007, 09:52 AM
~Jay~

I love reading other people's experiences of this, as I have also been empathic all my life, whilst not knowing what it was. I tend only to pick up on emotions rather than physical pain, but that has been known too. I'm really good at psychometry (if I may say so myself, lol) which is tuning into the energies of an object by touching it, to see what it's 'history' is.

I'd like to share a story about my eldest son, who is such a sensitive too! It was last week, when I was going through another intense spiritual-energy blast, and had a terrible headache that I couldn't shift. I was sat in agony on the couch, when he came upto me, put his arms round me & said "oh that headache's really nasty isn't it, Mummy?".

I asked him why he said that, and he told me he could feel it in his own head when he got close to me. He also said that when his best friend had a nose-bleed at school the previous day, that his own nose began to really hurt!

I've never mentioned about picking up on other people's pain before to him either....it's just something he said totally out of the blue.

I have high hopes for him in the future!
Old 30-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Guide

The plight of the sensatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_veil
DO you feel other peoples emotions and pain

I do, I can even feel them by just opening an email

if my close friends are sick I get their pains?

Anyone else experience these things?

huggs
dark veil

Ahhh, the synchronicity of it all. First Lapis and I have a completely off topic discussion which involves the topic on this thread, then I decide just yesterday to fully address the topic in a new thread. After writing a couple of paragraphs I decide to let it go, knowing the can of worms that I am potentially about to open. I
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Closed Thread