Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 23-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Dawn

The Curious Case of the Huggy Geode

(I totally blame Joshua for the title of this thread.)

I'm not a stranger to crystals who want to snuggle up to me. Really I'm not.
Early on when a snow quartz tea light candle holder drew me to her at a flea market, and was jumping up and down, yelling at me 'Dawn!! Finally!! I'm right here!!! RIGHT HERE!!!', from the first moment I saw her, I didn't want to put her down and she was more than happy to snuggle right up to my tummy.
However, Joshua, my geode, is a little bit of a different story.

Ever since I got him, he's wanted to be closeby me. Whether I'm at the pc, snoozing on the couch, or fast asleep for the night.
More than once (okay waaaaaayyyyyyy more than once) he's insisted on being directly at my right hip when I sit in front of the pc, or want to snuggle up to me when I snooze for the night.
Lately he's been content to sit perched atop my pc desktop tower (that tall, rectangular piece that everything gets hooked up to) during the day, but if I feel like laying down for a nap or to snooze for the night, he wants to be snuggled up to me.
To keep it short, I had a bad day at Wal-mart Monday thanks to a stupid energy-draining astral baddie, and since I got back home after that, he's insisted on being close to me as often as he can get.
Now, I adore him, really I do, but I'm just curious as to why he's this clingy.
(I could put Taré, my Lemruian crystal, in the same category, but it's not the same. Since Monday, in spirit, she's been staying very close to me, very protective, always one or both arms around me to help me feel better, but she doesn't want me wearing her crystal unless, as she puts it, 'it's absolutely necessary'. However, she's not a snuggly, huggy, needs-to-be-close-to-me crystal. It's kind of different between Taré and Joshua. ...long story.)

Is this just his personality? Is there some bigger reason behind it? I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about him. (Especially since I've asked him and he won't exactally give me an answer. Just kinda gives me a lopsided smile and says its because he cares about me.)

And, last but not least, a couple other pictures of him, just because he loves being a ham for the camera.

And he wants me to add (jokingly) he likes long walks on the beach and in the park, cool tropical drinks, fancy, colorful sunglasses, and a friend to snuggle up to.
^_^U
Old 23-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Sungirl

is it because he needs love having been through the dying process?

Altered stones often need more care than natural ones. All mine are snuggled up to an ash tree in the garden, along with a amethyst bed that I think is heat treated to make it darker, but not sure.

Maybe he sees a kindred spirit as we have all been through "altering" experiences caused by humanity?
Old 23-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Dawn

Aahh, Tilia, thank you for replying.
Ever since I first got him I honestly had difficulty figuring out if he was dyed or not (since I have seen some blue agates). I kept looking at him. Instinctually I was being told one thing, logically I was saying something else, which left me going !?!?. So, thank you for clearing that up for me.

>Altered stones often need more care than natural ones.
O_o Really!? I had no idea! Oh my goodness.
Well now, knowing this does make me feel better.

>Maybe he sees a kindred spirit as we have all been through "altering" experiences caused by humanity?
Well now, that's an interesting, and rather accurate-sounding, way to say it.

Tilia, thank you kindly for sharing. Much appreciated!

And you know, looking over his pictures here now and thinking over what you've written, something strikes me. He's a bit shy / embarassed about having been dyed. Almost like telling him he wasn't pretty or good enough the way he was, so he had to be dyed to make him more 'appealing'. (omg that's terrible! ~*picks him up and gives him a big hug*~ We humans can be so rude sometimes. :( )
Old 23-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Sungirl

I have very very strong feelings about doing these things to stones. Can you imagine if you were abused in some way, had something terrible done against your will... would you broadcast it, or would you be a little shy?

These altered stones are often very very damaged. They need a lot of love and pampering... but it's a bit like puppy farm puppies... if we keep buying them, people will continue to do it.

I don't buy anything that has been dyed or any of the other things that man feels it needs to do to "perfect" a creation of mother nature. Some I can't even pick up as they make me feel so ill. Crackle Quartz (heated till it cracks then dyed) feels utterly utterly horrible to stand near, let alone pick up.

Agates are naturally muted colours. Even the pink/purple/peach coloured ones are not at all "bright", so if you see bright purple, magenta or blue agates they are dyed. You can also tell by the matrix on the outside, if this is also coloured then it is definitely dyed.

they make me so sad

btw, I am not angry at you for buying him, if you didn't know then why wouldn't you?
Old 23-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Master
I mean, what is it with these druzy crystals (which I think yours is too, another name?) I found a pool-blue little treasure chest to put one of my geodes in, have to get a proper portrait taken,though. Your crystal is beautiful. Mine came shooting out of a volcano quite a number of years ago in Mexico. It is plain on the outside, looks like a regular rock when you put the two halves together. This is a very exciting thread, I'm smiling ear to ear~*

Old 23-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Dawn

>Can you imagine if you were abused in some way, had something terrible
>done against your will... would you broadcast it, or would you be a little
>shy?
Very good point. Knowing me, I'd probably just curl up into a little bitty ball and want to die. These stones and crystals that get dyed and choose to keep going (instead of calling out to someone who can hear them and beg that they break their physical form to be free of it), they're very brave souls.

>if we keep buying them, people will continue to do it
Sad but true.
However, I can say that, aside from Joshua here, I haven't bought any other dyed stones or crystals. And with Joshua, lol like with the rest of the stones and crystals in my care, they call me to them. I don't normally go out hunting for any. I'm just kind of going out and about in my day then suddenly SURPRISE!! One ends up being right in front of me going "DAWN!! DAWN!!!"
Whatever emotional or energy issues they may have, there is no way I can refuse. They find their way to me, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I just turned one away.
Reminds me of the rose quartz tea light candle there was at this healing store. From the moment I entered the store, she started calling out to me. I didn't hear her at first, but as I started looking around the store with my friend, she was pulling me to her. The instant I saw her, we connected. I could feel her begging, pleading with me, tears in her eyes (finally someone who would listen!), saying she didn't want to be put on someone's mantle and used as a candle holder. I mean, she was so deeply upset that, at first, it really took me offguard, then it upset me too.
I turned to my friend and asked if he'd buy it for me. $25 for her. Hefy price.
He had the money, he'd been the one kind enough to bring me to that healing store for a visit, and here I was, asking him to buy me a $25 rose quartz. I did feel guilty for asking, but hearing and feeling how she was crying to me, begging me to not let her become someone's ignored candle holder, but I knew in my heart, I could not leave that store and leave her there.
He was surprised by my request, but bought her for me anyway.
She was just so full of relief from the moment she felt him agree to buy her.
She spent about... what was it? 2? 3 years she was here with me?
She got very well treated here. Baths for her alone, time spent in one of the trees here in the yard that has a big hole in it, some time in the ground with beach sand in that 'bothersome' (her description for it) tea light candle hole, then, one evening, she called out to me. She wanted me to break her apart.
I'm sure you can imagine how shocked I was to hear that. I thought maybe I was just imagining things. I was making it up for whatever weird reason.
I was not going to harm her. I'd spent so much time doing everything in my ability to make her comfortable, to even think about breaking her just felt wrong on so many levels.
However, the longer I went and ignored it, the louder and more insistent she'd keep asking and nudging me. Eventually I gave in, wrapping her in a towel and taking a hammer to her and breaking her to pieces. I didn't feel happy about it, but I could feel a sense of contentment around me.
I continued to follow what I felt, walking around outside in the yard, placing the broken bits of her, along with several select stones and crystals, around the house in a big 'protective circle'. (Something I wouldn't come to understand until just recently thanks to the lovely people here.)
Thinking about the whole situation now, I understand it better than before. She was okay being connected with a rose quartz body. Really she was. Until she was taken from the earth, 'cleaned off', and had a hole drilled in her. Able to sense what was wanted of her from the human perspective, to be a mantle piece to hold a candle, it unsettled her to her very core.
Some crystals are okay with it, most however, I get the feeling, aren't. To date, though, she's been the only one who I've heard/felt so loudly, so strongly, begging to not be allowed to be how the humans wanted her to be.
However, it makes me smile to think about it now. Though her crystalline form was broken apart, I can feel that there is such joy because of it, because the pieces are here in the ground, working, spreading love. In this way, the rose quartz is being used for its intended purpose. Not being used as a candle-lit trinket in someone's home.

>I don't buy anything that has been dyed or any of the other things that
>man feels it needs to do to "perfect" a creation of mother nature. Some I
>can't even pick up as they make me feel so ill.
I hear you on that one.
I still don't get how some people can break apart a stone or crystal until it's nothing but dust to use.
I remember the first time I read about that, someone crushing turquoise down into dust to use for some piece of jewelry. My stomach actually turned as I read that, and I remember thinking 'what is wrong with these people?!?!?'.

>Agates are naturally muted colours. Even the pink/purple/peach coloured
>ones are not at all "bright", so if you see bright purple, magenta or blue
>agates they are dyed. You can also tell by the matrix on the outside, if
>this is also coloured then it is definitely dyed.
Aahh I see. I'm glad to know about this now. Thank you Tilia!

>they make me so sad
Sad for these defenseless crystals, angry at the humans for doing it to them.
But now, thinking about that, this brings to mind the conversation you and I had a while back about how stones and crystals are cleansed. What if it's not so different when it comes to the path they choose, the people they have to go through, in order to get to where they're going?
What if, a lot like us, some of them choose this tougher path to live because of the lessons and challenges learned on this sort of path? The lives they touch and who touch theirs? (I'm not saying it's right, and I really wish those fellow humans of ours would learn to treat these stones and crystals with the respect they deserve, instead of just looking at them as 'lifeless rocks'.)

>btw, I am not angry at you for buying him, if you didn't know then why wouldn't you?
Thank you for saying so, and so true.

You know, even if I did know he was dyed, even if I did know all of this before I saw him that day, when I saw him sitting in that cabinet at the flea market store, I still would've bought him and brought him home. I dreamt of the inside of a geode the night before. The instant I saw him, I knew I couldn't leave without buying him, even if I didn't immedately know if he was for sale or not. (Still find it funny that, that day, though I saw him sitting in that cabinet, he was quietly working to guide me back to him as if to quietly say "Dawn, come back here. I'm right here.")

Tilia, again, thank you and lol sorry to ramble on again like this. (It's a terrible habit, I tell ya.)

Heya Silvergirl!
Ohh, I hope you do get a picture taken of your geodes. Just by mentioning it, you've gotten me all curious!
And I just get the sense, about that pool-blue little treasure chest, it's very relaxing, chilling out. Just sort of has a vibe of 'feels good' about it.

>Your crystal is beautiful.
Thank you for saying so. ~*nudges Joshua who's sitting right up against my right hip as I type this out*~ I hope a certain someone here ~*nudges again*~ is paying attention to what you just said there lol

I'm kind of surprised. When you talked about your geode having been spat out of a volcano some years ago, my mind wandered to Joshua, wondering if he got his start like that too, and I got a big feeling of 'don't want to go there, don't want to think about that. I exist in the here and now and that's all that matters'. O_oU

>This is a very exciting thread, I'm smiling ear to ear~*
Ah, fantastic!!

Here's what I wrote out last night in an e-mail.

With every passing day I'm getting to know Taré

(this Lemurian crystal of mine, I know that name's not right, but I can't seem to understand what her 'real name' is, and so, she let's me call her this. Jin, the other one, departed and is on his way to a new home right now.) better, the connection being easy and clear when we do talk with one another.
After receiving a visit from her sister (who showed me how to summon some sort of protective symbol), I asked about Taré herself, about her home. How did she get to be how she is?
Jin I asked about the night before, and he showed me how he and his siblings were 'born' in a galaxy. Spirit / energy? beings, for lack of any better way to describe them. For a long time (long time for us physically, short time for them) they played in the galaxy like children when, one day, one of the dieties came, inviting them to a new home, where they could learn new things and grow and help others.
They were happy to accept and went to school (actually saw a 'school room' setting where they did have a teacher and learned just like kids do) and he eventually was connected with the crystal form I got to know.
Well, when I first asked Taré a couple evenings ago, she told me she was 'from the light' and 'of the light'. (Lovely answer, by the way.) However, when I asked her today, I was a bit more specific. I asked her how she came to be. Was she anything like Jin? I knew a little about Blue and Red's home planet (my blue and red tiger eye stones) since I asked them, and I knew how Jin came to be, but I was curious about her, especially since she has a mermaid body. (Not exactally the most accurate way of saying it, I'll admit, but about the best way to do so. Part humanoid, part fish, there ya go. Shame it took me as long as it did before I realized the 'mer' feeling I was getting was her form. It was her. you can see the trying-to-figure-it-out thread here.)
She showed me her home planet, where she was born at and grew up on. It's not on the same 'level' as our universe is (???).
The color was somewhat different, but it wasn't that different from Earth (before the pollution and stuff that we currently have going on), and was / is largely populated by a limited, but large in number, selection of these merpeople. From when she was little, she liked to play and help others. She was a typical kid for all intents and purposes. One day a diety came (much like what one had done with Jin and his siblings) and invited her to come to a school, to learn. Others of her kind had come before her and she was invited to come as well.
She accepted. As she got older, she came to graduate from the school and become a teacher, which she is still a teacher at to this day.
She had to go through some process (she tried to keep the explaination simple for my sake) to prepare herself for what she'd do next. She was then connected with a crystal body on this realm. Her first crystal body was an early Lemurian crystal, but it was broken (effectively breaking her connection with it), and she insisted she quickly go back. She was sent back as quickly as was allowed (though there are numerous steps one has to take upon returning from a physical body, as well as to be connected and established with a new form in our realm) and was connected with another crystal. A crystal of Lemuria. It took a bit of time, but she was, and, as she put it, she found her 'right body' with this form. (I'm not sure what, but when she connected with that first crystal body, it all felt 'wrong'. Just a sort of deep, fundamental 'wrong' about it. The person who'd held her had subconsciously sensed it and dropped the crystal, allowing it to break apart and, thus, freeing her from it.
This had me really intrigued. I mean, up until just a few days ago, I never really thought much about the soul connected with these stones and crystals. After talking with Jin, Blue, Red, and Taré here, I'm just blown away by what's been shared.
It's not as simple as these stones and crystals simply having a personality and able to pick up on as well as influence other's energies. They're related somewhat like we are with our physical bodies.
However, lol Taré said that it was different (like a different section of existence) for the souls who come here like you and I do. She outright said that 'you're brave to do so'.
I kinda just blinked and automatically thought 'it's really that bad?? O_o!?' I mean, I know living here with a physical body isn't always sparkles and rainbows, but it can't be THAT bad. ...right?
So, now, when I look at this Lemurian crystal sitting before me, it's difficult not to see the crystal as only a connection, a tunnel or doorway, if you will, that allows me and the soul connected with the crystal to talk and interact.

Now, with Joshua, it's different. For me, the Lemurian crystal Taré is connected with feels like ... a doorway, an energy conduit, something that lets us connect with one another. With Joshua, it doesn't feel that .... separated. He feels more 'here'.
Perfect example is the past couple of days I've had with him. When I place the floral lei on him, in my mind's eye, I can see him wearing it.
I did have him sitting in a bowl of lightly salted water a couple days back and he just immediately took to it, not to cleanse his energy, but to swim around in it!
A friend of mine over in Italy had sent me a seashell a couple of months back. The other day, while sitting in his bowl (without water) on top of my computer desktop, he wanted me to put the seashell in the bowl with him. I did and lol I could feel him hugging it and snuggling up to it like a little kid getting a new teddy bear. Even right now he has it at his side and is holding it like that.
And then, there was this. Joshua totally goofing off. I got a bit lazy at the end, but lol you should see how he was looking in that last picture. Sitting in that bowl cross legged, huge, cheesy smile on his face, plastic flowers on his shoulders and one right on top of his head, and he just absolutely loving it.
I do feel a bit bad because I tried to move my desktop tower (while he was still on it in the bowl) and the bowl slipped off and broke apart.
Up until then he had been lazing about in the bowl like his own private mini pool. Several times I'd catch him having his arms crossed over one another, chin resting on one of his forearms, just looking out over the edge of the bowl and watching me work and play at my pc.
He doesn't always understand what I'm talking about on the computer with my friends (and sometimes watching videos confuses him as well, like when people act a certain way, he doesn't exactally understand why), but, regardless, he does enjoy getting to watch.
Old 23-06-2011, 01:08 PM
scorpiowitch66

Dawn, you are too funny! We should all be so lucky to be hanging out in the sun with a drink that has an umbrella in it
Old 23-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Master
I got so excited...yesterday, my pound of tumbled carnelians came, so now, my beautiful Mexican geodes are resting on a bed of carnelian stones, etc. Voila!

Last edited by Silver : 24-12-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 23-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Dawn

lol Scorpiowitch, lol thank you, I do try! However, with these pictures of Joshua, it's all HIS doing. All I'm doing is manning the camera! lol (And trust me when I tell you, he is very much so a camera hog and loving it.)

>We should all be so lucky to be hanging out in the sun with a drink that has an umbrella in it
~*laughs*~ Tell me about it!!

Silvergirl, absolutely wonderful! I bet they're just totally loving that.

Also, just posted the e-mail bit I wrote out last night, so just scroll up to my big post before this and you'll see it.

Big post is unintentionally big!

...~*rubs the bridge of my nose*~ goodness gracious. With these posts of mine, you'd almost think I was trying to write a book for as much information as I keep writing down.
Old 23-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Master
OK then, they love playing pirate, btw that's a chunk of amethyst geode inbetween them and a couple of lovely bracelets my co-worker Becky gave to me a while back, adding to the pirate atmosphere. This is the treasure box and another pic of the inhabitants.

Last edited by Silver : 24-12-2011 at 02:44 AM.