Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Deactivated Account

Need Help!!! Hearing Voices & Becoming Afraid During OBE...

Every single time I try to do anything OBE I hear voices and I become afraid and I snap back to my physical body...

I literally just had this happen to me a few minutes ago and I'm tired of it... I didn't hear voices this time per say but I heard a dog moving around my place. I don't have a dog...

Why do I hear voices and sounds of animals that I don't obviously own... Why am I so afraid when I do hear them?

Please help...
Old 27-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Master
Could it be you are starting to project and the first sense that is detecting other entities is your hearing? I think an ex pet dog is a guide for me and I usually hear before seeing him
Old 27-02-2017, 12:57 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Could it be you are starting to project and the first sense that is detecting other entities is your hearing? I think an ex pet dog is a guide for me and I usually hear before seeing him

I've projected three or four times now and it always happens... So... yes I'm still new to this... I suppose that might be what is happening...

I know that having guides is a great thing but honestly I don't want to hear other entities saying "Did you see what he just did" and hearing a dog licking its lips and hearing its collar rattling... Or the laughing of children or someone saying "Join me" and then laughing deeply...

Its unnerving... I become afraid (except once when I heard children laughing) but I still woke up because I heard other weird noises around my place. It sounded like someone was breaking in...
Old 27-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Master
It would seem like the hearing sense is the strongest for you. Brace yourself next time and decide that you will just let the voices and noise carry on while you continue to project and see where that goes.
Old 27-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philomath777
I've projected three or four times now and it always happens... So... yes I'm still new to this... I suppose that might be what is happening...

I know that having guides is a great thing but honestly I don't want to hear other entities saying "Did you see what he just did" and hearing a dog licking its lips and hearing its collar rattling... Or the laughing of children or someone saying "Join me" and then laughing deeply...

Its unnerving... I become afraid (except once when I heard children laughing) but I still woke up because I heard other weird noises around my place. It sounded like someone was breaking in...

It even still scares me when the entities are friendly, you are becoming aware of a new environment so it can be expected to be scared...there is also another point is that I pick up voices and radio stations that are not present in the room, this is something different though and something altering in the physical ear can be felt
Old 27-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Experiencer
This can happen before you exit your body, while you're in the vibrational state or whatever you want to call it. It's part of the process of transitioning that you have to learn to stay calm and centered through, it just takes practice. Meditation helps a lot, learning to take an observer perspective rather than paying attention to what you're hearing or seeing and allowing your attention (and thus, emotion) to feed it. Whatever they sound like, they're not worth being concerned about, that will just distract you and prevent the astral projection from being successful
Old 28-02-2017, 01:25 AM
Master
Hearing voices can be a problem and it isn't usually that natural or desirable. If you can't control it and it is invasive and disturbing it isn't good.

Some people have it in a way that is under control and natural feeling and helpful.

I do, but I prefer to keep a lid on it and keep it at a minimum and only with my most trusted source...

You are right to be concerned or disconcerted.
Old 28-02-2017, 01:31 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you for all the advice, I appreciate it... I will try to let the noises continue on and not pay attention to them... Stay calm and centered... It is nice to know that others understand this... :)

A question now... can I be hurt somehow while in an OBE by other entities either in the Astral or Physical realm? I feel like if I leave my body and someone tries to hurt me in the physical I won't be able to respond... I understand already that I am more than just a physical body but... My fear isn't its eventual death but that I won't be able to protect myself, I guess you could say that I fear I am not strong enough... Which also goes into the Astral... I fear I won't be strong enough there as well...

Any advice for this?
Old 05-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Experiencer

I know it's been a week since the last post, but I had something to add that could help you (and others who read this).

With all spiritual efforts, we need to keep our own power in mind. We're here in our physical bodies for a purpose. We've got a very important task. 'Laws' have been put in place to ensure that we are not negatively affected by things that are not of this physical plane. This helps ensure that we can fulfill our tasks without undue hardship.

I don't usually quote religious scripture, but it's relevant here. "Your Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven". This means our Will has power over the subtle realms. If some undesirable being is in your space, tell it to go away. It has to obey you. Literally.

I'm not saying be mean about it. Do it with love, and willpower for some of the reluctant ones. But asking for a bit of space so you can practice in peace isn't too much to ask for.

Having said that, if anyone is being affected by negative beings, you'll probably want to focus on your own mental state before astral traveling. In the subtle realms, like attracts like. If you travel with negative emotions, you'll encounter similarly afflicted beings; which can easily create a downward spiral if you react poorly to them.

And, don't drink and OBE
Old 08-03-2017, 06:50 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philomath777

Sheesh not the best things to hear when trying to go out of body! I haven't tried yet myself, got close but haven't heard voices mostly just loud zipping sounds and buzzing.