Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 06-01-2017, 05:15 AM
Guide
Modern mainstream garbage

Anyone else despise mainstream movies? Old ones r fine but i refuse to watch anything with relentless commercials. Havnt even seen the new star wars. M.nights's SPLIT looks horrible.

The only reason these movies r popular because of ridiculous advertising budgets shoving the movie in everyones face. Theres sinister reasons to this and secret messages within them that get into peoples heads. Not just product placements, but million $ investments to persuade the masses in their favor. avoid them all, unless its a thinker, but any thoughtless action/horror should be avoided because the producers know ppl are shutting off their mind to stare at their images. Especially Disney movies being laced with sex references to children in which parents dont even catch

Stay well
Old 06-01-2017, 05:39 AM
Guide
Couldnt help to add this to hit home my point... I love jim carry, but... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbJ7PUYFQD8
Old 07-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
avoid them all, unless its a thinker, but any thoughtless action/horror should be avoided because the producers know ppl are shutting off their mind to stare at their images.

Ah, yes, but people want to be entertained while not having to think all the time &/or be consciously aware of everything happening around them ...
Me, too!
I also mediate as well as use imaging ...
Besides, I haven't come across a movie critic I've agreed w/in ages -- can't trust where their loyalties lie ...
Many people never caught onto Star Trek story lines actually addressing real life issues such as racism, religion, civil liberties, diplomacy, manipulation, slavery, etc ...
I guess replacing people w/an alien life form truly threw off many people ...

If I want a thinker, I watch murder mysteries ...
It's fun gathering clues to uncover the motive & the murderer ...
Midsomer Mysteries is one of my favorites b/c it averages 3 murders per episodes - can be confusing when trying to keep facts straight as well as properly lined up w/each murderer ..
Agatha Christie movies such as Poirot & Miss Marple are intriguing, they're a bit harder b/c there's always a twist ...
It just depends on one's choice of entertainment ...

Last edited by Really! : 07-01-2017 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Guide
Right, just as long as yer aware of the existance of subliminal subtext it wont affect u... On the product placement note, the most genius i noticed was in fantastic four when a billboard in the background with a picture of a burger exploded in flames during a serious scene, and its almost unnoticable that its burger king... The flaming whopper! It was laughable