Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 22-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Pathfinder

Does food dictate how open or closed we are to spirit? I

This may be a complicated question but if so I was wondering how I can add this on to my everyday life. If junk food is bad for spirit (speaking in terms of whether it may be because I don’t know) is it okay to have it occasionally? Or should I just stay away from it altogether. If the answer is yes junk is bad I’d possibly like to know which junk foods are bad so I can better myself. :)
Old 22-09-2018, 10:36 PM
Master
If you have to force yourself to do it, it can not be beneficial in any way.
Opening up to spirit as you word it, does not come though will-full actions, in the contrary.
Old 26-09-2018, 08:41 AM
Master
Yes it does, our body is the temple of ‘god’. Food choices determine our capabilities to be in meditation and influence our thoughts and actions.
Old 27-09-2018, 08:05 PM
Master
I'd say that as long as you are eating a healthy diet that what you eat has nothing to do with spirituality.....Humans are an omnivore and are built to eat pretty much everything.....

That being said clearly healthy foods are better than eating junk!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 28-09-2018, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator
It's what's in your Heart that dictates how open or closed you are to Spirit. And how you train your thoughts to meet up to what's in your Heart.

Eating some junk food now and again won't hurt you unless you are allergic or have food sensitivities.
So long as you don't live on it. Don't eat junk food instead of a proper meal, healthy food. Eating a little now and again is fine!
Not getting enough nutrients can dull your body and mind and make it very hard for your Soul to communicate with your brain.
Old 28-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I'd say that as long as you are eating a healthy diet that what you eat has nothing to do with spirituality.....Humans are an omnivore and are built to eat pretty much everything.....

That being said clearly healthy foods are better than eating junk!!

Humans might be able to eat anything (keeps us from starvation) but that doesn't mean it's all good for us. I belong to a FB group and people regularly write their little testimonials when they join. I've read that dropping meat and dairy has cured their heart disease, fatty liver disease, diabetes....one lady even shared the story how her husband did not have to start forking over $60,000 a year on MS meds. Because he quit eating meat and dairy and all signs of MS disappeared.

Keeping the above in mind plus the overwhelming support of the research that is available for all of us to read, I think that calling meat and dairy part of a healthy diet is completely flawed. It keeps us from starvation and that's about it.
Old 28-09-2018, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Humans might be able to eat anything (keeps us from starvation) but that doesn't mean it's all good for us. I belong to a FB group and people regularly write their little testimonials when they join. I've read that dropping meat and dairy has cured their heart disease, fatty liver disease, diabetes....one lady even shared the story how her husband did not have to start forking over $60,000 a year on MS meds. Because he quit eating meat and dairy and all signs of MS disappeared.

Keeping the above in mind plus the overwhelming support of the research that is available for all of us to read, I think that calling meat and dairy part of a healthy diet is completely flawed. It keeps us from starvation and that's about it.

Go back and reread what I said.....I said exactly that....that while we are made to eat just about anything edible that clearly eating junk is not the healthy way to go.

I'll dismiss the rest as you interjecting vegan propaganda into a conversation about junk food and spirituality.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Go back and reread what I said.....I said exactly that....that while we are made to eat just about anything edible that clearly eating junk is not the healthy way to go.

I'll dismiss the rest as you interjecting vegan propaganda into a conversation about junk food and spirituality.

In your original comment you conflated a 'healthy diet' with being an omnivore who can eat anything. I was addressing that aspect of your comment.

Considering that we are speaking on a VEGETARIAN/VEGAN page, interjecting MY OPINION on that topic is completely appropriate especially in view of you interjecting an inference that eating meat is healthy.

Perhaps if you don't want to hear the vegan opinion, you should stick to other topics that appear elsewhere.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Knower
Quote:

Lucky 1, I know we don't see eye to eye on certain views (and yet I think you make some good points on other things) but why would you dismiss something as vegan propaganda that is pointing out the views of being kind and compassionate and mindful to other sentient beings we share the world with to do with food and spirituality.

You also say humans are omnivores. Are you forgetting we are not the body? Our spirits are harbouring a vessel. That vessel has taste buds but those taste buds do not belong to the spirit
Surely our bodies as a vessel will harbour vibrations......let me put it like this....animals suffer, they suffer in the trucks on the way to the slaughter house...they suffer in the holding pens at the slaughter house...and they suffer being slaughtered. This is a fact. A truthful fact that people dont like to think about....I understand this.
Do you think those poor animals go to slaughter for the fun of it? Of course not...they go in terror.. in misery and surrounded in their own fear faeces....how can anyone think that consuming the result of this will be beneficial to spiritual growth and development....??

You may say I have a problem with the factory farming industry and I do! a big problem!. It is a disgusting practice that should be banned but this does not disguise the fact that I believe that vibrations are important.
I do not claim to know all the answers and I admire many people (some meat eaters) I do not believe meat eaters are bad I just think they are on a different area of the path, maybe right to them at their time! but I truly believe that deep deep down ...compassion and love for all living things is the foundation of spirituality..that's the outcome I think.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
Lucky 1, I know we don't see eye to eye on certain views (and yet I think you make some good points on other things) but why would you dismiss something as vegan propaganda that is pointing out the views of being kind and compassionate and mindful to other sentient beings we share the world with to do with food and spirituality.

You also say humans are omnivores. Are you forgetting we are not the body? Our spirits are harbouring a vessel. That vessel has taste buds but those taste buds do not belong to the spirit
Surely our bodies as a vessel will harbour vibrations......let me put it like this....animals suffer, they suffer in the trucks on the way to the slaughter house...they suffer in the holding pens at the slaughter house...and they suffer being slaughtered. This is a fact. A truthful fact that people dont like to think about....I understand this.
Do you think those poor animals go to slaughter for the fun of it? Of course not...they go in terror.. in misery and surrounded in their own fear faeces....how can anyone think that consuming the result of this will be beneficial to spiritual growth and development....??

You may say I have a problem with the factory farming industry and I do! a big problem!. It is a disgusting practice that should be banned but this does not disguise the fact that I believe that vibrations are important.
I do not claim to know all the answers and I admire many people (some meat eaters) I do not believe meat eaters are bad I just think they are on a different area of the path, maybe right to them at their time! but I truly believe that deep deep down ...compassion and love for all living things is the foundation of spirituality..that's the outcome I think.

Starlight.....I think you might be surprised that I do in fact agree with a fair portion of what you talk about

Commercial meat production is in fact a pretty loathsome thing to witness....I've seen it up close and personal......the problem is that there is no way in hell to feed 7 billion human beings on this planet without large scale raising of animals of all types.....chickens to cows

There is no way in hell to feed 7 billion people on this planet without large scale commercial farming.....and I will tell you that I grew up on a farm and the environmental and ecological footprint of commercial farming of simple fruits and vegetables for instance is absolutely gargantuan done on the scale that it must be done on to have any hope of feeding us all.

Without large scale commercial farming and animal husbandry practices....we simply wouldn't make it! .........Millions to billions would starve to death......and no amount of pie in the sky, spiritual wishing it away is going to change that.

Whats my answer??? Well...myself and the circle I run in are lucky enough to live in a tropical climate and garden year round and grow at least much of what we eat.....I live on the Gulf Of Mexico and we fish often so there's that.

And as you know I follow the spiritual path of the hunter and whatever meat we consume we went out and got ourselves....I can't remember the last time we purchased commercial meat.....and while I don't know if this would make any difference to how you feel about it....but at least the critters we eat were not raised bunched up in a pen....they got to grow up in the wild and have a life first.....and "the end" was short and quick!

I will admit that most people don't have the luxury of the lifestyle I lead.....I have both the climate and the property do do it on....the vast majority of people simply do not.

What's the answer for the bulk of the people around the world????...I'll admit that I just don't know but trashing the folks who feed us because it isn't pretty is not the answer.

The people who farm and ranch are just like the rest of us....trying to make a living....trying to feed the populace of the planet...doing the best they can with what they've got to do it with..

( The next part is lifted from a post I made in another thread)

I also think that the vast majority of vegetarian and vegans are completely unaware that the poorest groups of people around the worlds are already starving and struggling to survive on a vegetarian diet....and they are not too damn happy about I can tell you!!!......Because I've been there!!!

On a trip to Mozambique a few years ago.....I saw with my own eye's just how hard it is to make it on a vegetarian diet.....

For the most part all these people have to eat is cassava (boiled yucca root...pounded into a paste and eaten with there hands) along with the occasional seed pod from grass or trees.

There principle source of protein????...........Rodents!!!
As in catch a rat....shove a stick up its butt....then hold it over a fire and roast it till all the hair is burned off.....then pull off the skin and pick as much meat off the carcass as you can.

As you might imagine...these folks are skinny, weak and largely malnourished and don't live all that long.

While I was with that particular group...I bought them a billy goat for $7 U.S....more money then they will ever see and they either ate or used every part of it right down to the hide, horns and testicles.

Frankly....staying healthy on a vegan diet is a luxury only possible in a wealthy western country with modern supplements

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 12-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.