Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Enigmatic

Alcohol to numb

This will probably apply more the Aussies, as we are the biggest drinkers in the world, next to the Irish (apparently).

I'm in Dark Night at the moment, and this forum has really helped me... plus some great friends around me... the last thing that I feel is really getting in the way of me riding it out properly is my use of alcohol to "numb" me and my feelings.

Anybody else using this as a numbing tool?

I wonder how I can pull it back?

It's only 2-3 glasses of wine per night... but that's enough really.

Just thought i'd throw this out there and see if anybody else is doing the same thing?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Krystalle

I am a recovering alcoholic. Been in rehab twice. It's not a pretty place to be - dont go there.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalleSama
I am a recovering alcoholic. Been in rehab twice. It's not a pretty place to be - dont go there.

I've been this way since my early 20's, a regular drinker.

I've just found recently i'm drinking every day, which is not good.

I'm looking into starting dancing lessons 2-3 times per week, which I think will help me a lot.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator
Its not a good place to be. My bf drinks to much, well he did. It leads to very bad things. He used to drink almost everyday and have 5+ a night. He would get bad and act like a swearword. where as me I had 1-2 drinks a month. now i am.
I am 11 weeks pregnant. I would love a ceaser....

.i applaud you Krystalle`!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:45 PM
BeautifulLife

raises hand
Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
raises hand

Well STOP IT, ya alcho
Old 09-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Experiencer

Enigmatic, I've been going through a sort of 'dark night' lately too. I've found the opposite is true for me about alcohol - I've completely gone off it - like my body is just rejecting it. Can't understand it as I never had a problem before and liked a glass or two every night.

The problem with alcohol is that not only is it a depressant (makes me cry now every time I have more than 2), it only puts the pain in another place (the numbing)...but it will come out someway, somehow. Dancing it out is good..but let it out...
Old 09-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Guide
Alcohol lowers vibrational frequency not a good thing when your vibrations are already all over the charts.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 AM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal coil
Alcohol lowers vibrational frequency not a good thing when your vibrations are already all over the charts.

I've found it damped the ups/downs. I'm probably alone though in that regard.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
I've found it damped the ups/downs. I'm probably alone though in that regard.

No me too... can't be good though right? Arn't we feeling those for a reason?