Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 02-07-2018, 04:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Difference between pink quartz and rose quartz?

I'm not very familiar with stones tbh and I've heard somewhere that there's a difference between pink quartz and rose quartz? Do they have very different uses? Can they be used interchangeably? Is there any way to tell them apart? Thank you!
Old 02-07-2018, 05:24 AM
Experiencer

They are the same stone :)

With that being said Rose quartz is very good for the heart. It helps release emotions that are suppressed, stuck and ignored. It is usually a gentel crystal that helps you express the feelings in a depth that you may not normally express them. It also helps with loving yourself.

Namaste`
Old 02-07-2018, 03:23 PM
Experiencer
Hi Compendium ! Don't mean to argue but I'm not 100 % convinced they are the same stone. I have been wondering the difference myself. From all my studies that I have read, Rose quartz is extremely rare in the crystalline structure with points, practically doesn't exist. That can not be said with pink quartz, as it's fairly abundant, however pretty. I have large specimens of both, and they certainly look much different to me. Not trying to say I'm right, just giving my 2 cents.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:36 PM
Experiencer

I am going to have to say listen to Crystal on this one as he has done more research than I.

Crystal does rose quartz ever terminate naturally? I have read that it does not. Is the pink quartz natural or lab grown? I need to do more research I have lots of new questions.

Thx btw for your input I am always happy to learn new things.

I found this on crystal vaults and it explains how it was differentiated for Rose Quartz.
https://www.crystalvaults.com/crysta...ia/pink-quartz

Rose quartz does not terminate it is found on chunks pink quartz has a crystalline structure with distinctive faces and terminations after reading this page I really want some :)
Old 02-07-2018, 11:30 PM
Experiencer
Rose quartz can terminate in points but it's extremely rare. I believe the only place found is in on locality in Mexico. I could confirm that when I get home, I am currently at work. It's so rare than generally it's accepted that rose quartz does not terminate. Pink quartz is a natural formation that is almost always terminated in points. It tends to be more clear than rose quartz as well. What is annoying is that there is much less info on pink quartz than rose quartz.

BTW I think Pink quartz is probably the most beautiful of all quartz, but I also am a big fan of smokey quartz ( I like all quartz but these 2 I especially dig.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:43 AM
Experiencer
O.K I have found my studies on Rose quartz. As I stated, terminated crystals are extremely rare with Rose quartz. Some very few token ones were found in Newry, Maine USA many years ago. There is 2 localities in Brazil that have found formed crystals in the past, but even then is rare but more spectacular than the Maine specimens.

Rose quartz like I stated is generally more cloudy than Pink quartz. If you want some spectacular pink terminated crystals I would suggest pink quartz. You can get some really nice specimens from China for very reasonable prices. China is like the land of quartz. I bought an over 12 LBS cluster of pink quartz with some really nice crystal formations for not much more than $ 100 and free shipping. I have seen some really nice 30 + LBS specimens recently for 300-500 dollars. Something like that would look awesome in a living room or maybe near the enterance of a home.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:04 AM
Experiencer

Yeah I am in the process of moving and the hubby is giving me free reign on crystal purchases as long as it is reasonable. Plus when we do the add on he wants me to grid the foundation. Im ecstatic just to move and finally have more space honestly, but hey I would never say no to buying crystals either LOL. I also want to make orgonite as well, but I will buy the chips for that as I dont want to destroy any crystals.

Thanks for the added info and correcting me I love learning new things especially when it comes to crystals.

Namaste`<3
Old 03-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Master
It is not the same... And pink quartz is really quite rare too.
In that sense I highly doubt that what the Chinese sell would be pink quartz. Pink quartz is one of the most expensive quartz varieties and rare.
Although it has been found in USA, mostly it is found in Brazil, Minas Gerais.
Logical, most of the best and rarest crystals are from Minas Gerais (stunning quality!) and Madagscar.
China is not on that list, quartz from China is not high vibration/quality at all, China is also not on the list of where pink quartz is found. If you have larger pieces of it you can be as good as certain you have been successfully conned since it is a) rare b) one of the most expensive quartzes c) doesn't occur in China and d) I don't think it comes in larger chunks and e) it is basically collectors crystal due to a- d.

Photos on the source page (link below) of pink quartz show nice specimen, they're about 2-4 cms, yes, centimeters. Not chunks. Lovely crystal though!

Here's more info on it:
Although pink-colored crystals from Newry, Oxford County, Maine, U.S.A., was already mentioned by Dake, Fleener and Wilson in their book "Quartz Family Minerals", published in 1938[1], it was not until its "re-discovery" in Brazil in 1959 that pink quartz got widely known. Pink quartz was introduced as "rose quartz that comes in crystals". Meanwhile it is generally accepted that pink quartz is an independent quartz variety, although there is some disagreement about whether to name it differently.

Pink quartz and rose quartz differ in a number of properties
- the cause of their color is not the same,
- pink quartz is sensitive to light, while rose quartz is not
- both varieties form in different environments, and
- pink quartz develops crystals while rose quartz does not.

Hence it has been suggested .... to officially distinguish pink quartz from rose quartz. Rykart (1995) also uses different German names for both varieties, Rosenquarz for rose quartz and Rosaquarz for pink quartz. You will nevertheless rarely see pink quartz labeled as such on a fair or in a museum, in most cases it will also be called "rose quartz".

The image shows pink quartz from Minas Gerais grown on smoky quartz. Pink quartz is quite rare and one of the more expensive quartz varieties. It is not used for lapidary works, of course, and is only sold to collectors.

Read more if you want, photos as well, here: http://www.quartzpage.de/pink.html
Old 03-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
O.K I have found my studies on Rose quartz. As I stated, terminated crystals are extremely rare with Rose quartz. Some very few token ones were found in Newry, Maine USA many years ago. There is 2 localities in Brazil that have found formed crystals in the past, but even then is rare but more spectacular than the Maine specimens.

Rose quartz like I stated is generally more cloudy than Pink quartz. If you want some spectacular pink terminated crystals I would suggest pink quartz. You can get some really nice specimens from China for very reasonable prices. China is like the land of quartz. I bought an over 12 LBS cluster of pink quartz with some really nice crystal formations for not much more than $ 100 and free shipping. I have seen some really nice 30 + LBS specimens recently for 300-500 dollars. Something like that would look awesome in a living room or maybe near the enterance of a home.
Rose quartz is not more cloudy at all. It just depends where it comes from. Rose quartz from Madagascar is almost clear, rose quartz from Minas Gerais/Brazil is also not cloudy. It's only the lower vibrational -and thus lower quality- of rose quartz that is cloudy and milky and very very pale.
That's the cheap stuff. Nothing wrong with it if that resonates with you. But not every vein / deposit of a crystal is the same quality as another at a different location. It varies a lot and generally speaking the quartz / crystal deposits in China are low quality/vibration.

And nothing against China crystals, if you resonate with that. When I first began with crystals I too purchased from China. When I got further I came across high vibrational crystals, and the ones from China don't even get close to those, not in looks, shine, luster, colour and not in energy & vibration.
Of course Chinese crystals will resonate with some people as it depends on where you are with your own vibration. But no way can quartz from China compare to quartz from for instance Minas Gerais, Brazil or Madagascar.
That doesn't make them bad, it's just fact.

Some crystals from China are great, like rainbow fluorite and jade, but not for instance rose quartz. Most of the time it isn't even really pink. It is very cloudy and almost white. It's the low vibrational rose quartz, I can buy better quality at my garden center for E1.75 a kilo (they buy their 'cheap' crystals for the outdoors in Brazil. Instant better quality AND higher vibration with that too of course.
It's great you like Chinese crystals so much, maybe the energy of China resonates with you due to a past life?
But that doesn't make Chinese crystals great quality.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Master

Does anyone know if strawberry quartz ( a dark pink quartz) is different from pink quartz? I don't know if its man made or not but it is a very soothing stone too.