Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 30-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Seeker

How to safetly raise kundalini?

I am seeking enlightenment and basically I am trying to do it without a guru via techniques I find on the internet (meditation, chakras , kundalini , self inquiry etc.)

My question is: is there a way to effectively and safetly raise kundalini? I've tried raising it a handful of times with a guided meditation I purchased from the brainsync website, but ultimately the effects I feel from it fade away eventually and I usually don't do it more than a few days at a time because of the warnings I keep finding online about kundalini, and because the energy is very intense. I've tried to heal my chakras throughout the years mainly with binural beats from I -doser and sanskrit mantras suck as:

LAUM - base chakra
VAUM - sacral chakra
RAUM - solar plexus chakra
YAUM - heart chakra
AUM - 6th chakra
MAUM - crown chakra

I have gotten results from these practices, for example chanting the mantras repeatedly for the crown chakra taught me that it's message is to let go of attatchment. But if I had to be honest, my chakras are still pretty closed and I haven't had much success with these methods.

I did have a spiritual awakening or non dual experience a few months after doing kundalini meditation for the first time, but I don't think my kundalini is active , maybe it is? How does one know anyways?

The warnings about kundalini tell people to not try to raise kundalini on your own , however I don't think I'll be able to find a guru anytime soon (I'm 20 and still living with my parents and finishing high school). I am still interested in pursuing enlightenment and kundalini is a very tempting possibility to try , even telling myself I'll survive the "kundalini syndrome" and come out the other end, is it really that dangerous?

So is it possible to somehow safetly raise kundalini? Or is it only supposed to be a side effect of long term study/meditation and spiritual practice?
Old 01-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Master
For me it was a result of almost a year of everyday practise.What you're after for,is the opening of an interface with your energy body.I don't know how long it could take,and i believe the path is different for everyone,but the basic mechanism is the same.

The same counts for mantras.You need that interface to make them work,otherwise you're wasting your time.

If i could suggest something,is to find a suitable practical system and stick with it.

And from personal experience i have to say that all this stuff about vibrating mantras 10000 times is absolutely nonsense.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonrD111
I am still interested in pursuing enlightenment and kundalini is a very tempting possibility to try , even telling myself I'll survive the "kundalini syndrome" and come out the other end, is it really that dangerous?
I would say that it isn't inherently dangerous, in and of itself, but it can be an explosively powerful energy and therefore it does need to be treated with respect, because it can create all sorts of issues - mental, emotional, physical - if your system's not prepared for that level of energetic charge.

So my advice would be that you don't try to force it, as tempting as I know it can be to try to do that. I think it's helpful to understand that what blocks the flow of energy is simply fear, and that therefore it is that to which you need to give your attention; fear tends to create contraction in the body - a physical shutting down - and this can and often does create energetic blockages which can be very stubborn (I speak from experience! ). So I think that the best thing in the long-run is to engage in practices that simply facilitate physical relaxation, and just to allow the process to unfold naturally rather than trying to force it (what I've found most helpful in my own experience is to meditate with the objective of simply keeping the body still and relaxed, though it does require a lot of patience and I appreciate that that might not be the most effective approach for everyone).
Old 03-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonrD111
I did have a spiritual awakening or non dual experience a few months after doing kundalini meditation for the first time, but I don't think my kundalini is active , maybe it is? How does one know anyways?
You will feel in clearly along your spine, and you will have an appropriate experience that comes along with it. It's also important to know that this isn't about mere psychology! It's not a matter of ''I am confident, so 3rd is open'' or ''I'm horny, that means 2nd chakra is open''. If it were that simple than egomaniac multinationals and politicians would all have their kundalini raised up to the 5th chakra, since in their daily lives they need to be good communicators surely. That sounds ridiculous doesn't it..? While there is a relation between a chakra and certain states of being, it's also not as simple as that. When a chakra opens it is an experience that can be felt without doubt and can't be confused for something else.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Newbie ;)

To do this without sparking unwanted conflict you should be very able to visualize and see your energy pattern. Knowing your personal rainbow. When you have all aligned it will activate sometimes while just doing physical activity. The full activation can last for a good part of a day to most of a week on powerful awakenings.

If this is truly your goal. Find your calling and do whatever it takes to be that fullness of you. Meditate and know your energies. Work on aligning yourself by doing your everyday activity. It will come to you, and seeing that you are manifesting this, you will probably be very aware when it is happening.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:46 PM
Knower
In my experience the easiest way to raise kundalini is to work with it as a unified energy rising through the chakras. Allow your energy to rise up your spine through each chakra center as a white mist of pure white light energy until it hits your crown chakra to expand the it like a violet and pink lotus.

As it travels through each chakra towards the crown allow the energy to activate each energy center into a coherent high speed level of clear vibrancy of it's color.
Old 13-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Master

This is perhaps a somewhat Left-field approach, but so-called Bhakti Yoga, a devotional approach, also works for some people. Shakti, the Divine Feminine force in the Universe is Shiva's (the Creator's) power made manifest. When it rises up all the way to the Crown Chakra and pierces through the veil of illusions, it manifests as a sexual union between Shakti (the Kundalini Serpent) and Shiva (the male creative principle of the Universe). Shakti longs to reunite with her husband and male counterpart, Shiva (metaphorically speaking), your only task is to facilitate this sexual union.

Of course you have to work on yourself, except in certain accidental cases, it won't just happen on its own. However, you will find that the Goddess Kundalini (Shakti) is an intelligent energy and you can recruit her to this cause of raising your Kundalini very easily. If you ask her nicely and sincerely, she will direct the process according to the needs and capabilities of your body and soul, making sure the energetic change taking place is never too much for you to bear and that your life circumstances are such, that they are amenable to a successful Kundalini Awakening.

I don't know your religious background, but basically any number of manifestations of the divine feminine can help you on your journey. My suggestion is Durga, but Mahakali, Parvati, Mahadevi, etc... are all good. In a Western context, The Holy Spirit manifesting as the Divine Feminine and the Holy Mother or the Queen of Heaven should work too.
Old 13-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne

I don't know your religious background, but basically any number of manifestations of the divine feminine can help you on your journey. My suggestion is Durga, but Mahakali, Parvati, Mahadevi, etc... are all good. In a Western context, The Holy Spirit manifesting as the Divine Feminine and the Holy Mother or the Queen of Heaven should work too.
What if you're not feeling any connection with Hindu gods nor with Christianity?
Old 13-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
What if you're not feeling any connection with Hindu gods nor with Christianity?

It is just one path, there are many others. I don't want to be misunderstood, I am not promoting blind devotion to any deity or universal power. However, it needs to be pointed out that the Kundalini is living, intelligent energy of the female variety, so thinking of her as a Goddess can be somewhat helpful. We are talking about vast, universal consciousness here, when we refer to Shakti and Shiva, but it helps us puny humans to imagine them as a married couple enjoying a constant dance and longing to reunite with each other. It may be somewhat simplistic, but it works for many people.

Gods are probably best described as universal forces of nature with a vast, all-encompassing intelligence, but we can relate to them much more easily by antropomorphising them as humans that look more or less like us.

As for the Goddess Kundalini, she is present in all and pervades all. Let me give you a few examples of how that may manifest itself.

As you may know, the symbol of Kundalini is one or two serpents wrapped around a staff or pillar in a spiral fashion. That energetic blueprint is present in the universe on many levels. It manifests itself as the double helix of the DNA on the cellular level. On the human physical body level, it is the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system wrapped around the spine. In the subtle human body, it is a serpentine energy slithering around the body, powering the toroid (donut-shaped) energy field that powers the whole chakric-energetic system.

The planet has a similar toroid energy field, with openings at both poles and a similar Kundalini system creating the magnetic field that protects us from cosmic rays and keeps the earth's rotation in balance. Galaxies have a similar spiralling pattern to them.

So, in conclusion the same Kundalini blueprint is present on all levels and it shares the same common intelligence, despite the many different forms it takes. The difference between the different forms of The Goddess is only in our head, because we perceive them to be different, but she is One in All.
Old 13-01-2019, 09:59 PM
Master
Thanks for your post..
I agree much on your take on forms and the gods.

Interesting you should mention serpents. I’ve had dreams about a cobra standing upright and immediate dreams after that where I had sex with a woman, and upon waking up feeling strong sensations along the spine. Various chakra I felt for extended periods after meditation. I do asanas a lot, for extended periods. I do believe in gods and goddesses, but I hold no images, and the names and images of established mainstream religions just don't appeal to me.