Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 05-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Spirit Guides present during meditation?

I have been meditating regularly for about 2.5 yrs.
Some time ago (about 2 months into my meditation practice) as I was growing more comfortable with sitting quietly, I did a small experiment: I took my focus away from the breath, and focused intently onto the ‘present moment’.

After a few moments, a sudden ‘wave’ of tingly-ness washed over my entire body. Very hard to put into words: it was extremely pleasant, & very intense.. the colors behind my eyes went smooth instead of the usual zipping ‘light show’… colors were smooth, deep waves of orange and purple.. made me smile immensely… felt so good yet foreign, a lot of tears started flowing (but not of sadness). Overall, the experience was really intense and almost frightening. Faded after a couple minutes. Really amazing.

For about the next year or so, I was a bit frightened about my experience (even though it was beautiful) so I went back to breath-focus meditation.

Lately…. my practice has deepened, my consciousness has grown, I have learned a lot, become less depressed, etc… I wonder if the experience was my ‘spirit guides’ tuning in with me. As I now feel a bit safer as I have grown spiritually- I have been experimenting again, but this time, attempting to call upon my spirt guides. When I do this, I usually get the tingly-ness all over my body again… and the tears, and the big smile. Rarely do I experience the intensity like in the very first experience, but I seem to be able to summon the feeling at will.

I guess it is them? Not sure what this is. Also, I have been experiencing synchronicities for the past year (mostly the # 11 showing up frequently).. I wonder if this is also related to spirit guides?
Old 05-03-2019, 07:11 PM
ant

Hi Cosmosis,

I'm just going to say,don't over think things and just go with the flow.

Don't question,don't look for answers,just feel 'be' and enjoy the experience.

You don't need to question,you don't need the answers.

Just know that your being guided,you don't need to know who your spirit guides are and or if there with you etc etc.

Just know that they are there,there for just are.

Stick to the path,11 is validation that your on the right track.

Good intentions,just 'be',go with the flow,don't question.

The rest will follow in good time.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Newbie ;)

hardest thing in the world to do! but I know you are right. thanks
Old 05-03-2019, 08:53 PM
Administrator
You need to get used to the Energy coming from your guide that way you can be sure its him or her.
ask your guide questions name etc. some will call themselves by a name that is easier for you to say or remember,
just take it one step at a time there is no rush.

Namaste
Old 05-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Master
It's who you are, that is what that feeling is.

You can call it spirit guides if you like but it's not a good idea imo. Calling it spirit guides is creating an un-necessary separation and will probably hinder the experience or cause it to fade. Chances are when you are able to connect with it and just feel it, then it stays, but as soon as you create meaning in your mind (by listening to your mind and following your mind) it fades.

in other words, when you just experience what you are, then you experience what you are. But the moment you begin to create divisions, you lose it.So the way to encourage the feeling and get it to be more stable, is to just experience it and avoid creating distinctions like "this is me, that other thing isnt me". or distinctions like "I am here, and something outside of me is happening to me. something outside of me is doing something to me".

I hope you see the inherent distinction if "me" vs "something outside of me" that is present in your line of thinking.

try it like this. be aware of your existence as a field or something undefined. Thoughts may appear within the field, but the thought is not who you are. you are the field in which the thoughts arise. The thought or feeling that "i am the one thinking" or "i am the thought" is a common mis-conception. The thought arises within you and as a part of you, but it's not all that you are. You are more than just thoughts and experiences, those are just fractions of who you are. And thinking its who you are is impeding your experience of all that you are.

it takes a long time to get that realization to stick. Sometimes it never sticks for people. Often times it takes decades of practice, multiple awakenings, and the grace of a self-realized master before it sticks. So dont give up becuase its difficult, just keep trying. Also try not trying, since what you are doesn't come with effort, its eternally present. The only problem is labeling fractions of the whole as the entire whole. and this problem comes from mind. thats why meditation is supposted to help you calm and master mind, so that someday you can escape its identifications with thoughts, emotions, experiences, and realize that you are beyond all those things. Your true self is at least, your personality is not and never will be.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you Native spirit and shivatar. Fantastic responses for sure.