Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

View Poll Results: Are you in a relationship or are you single?
I am in a relationship at the moment. 75 28.85%
I am single at the moment. 185 71.15%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-10-2018, 12:31 AM
Seeker

Currently I am single again, having ended a relationship recently.
Old 19-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Master
Single. A life without duties towards others (non-colleagues) suits me just fine. My freedom is sacred to me..

I find it an interesting topic considering the fact that around 1/4 to sometimes even 1/3 of people (see The Economist) in developed nations stays single and childless. In the past more people found a partner.. in their home village or through arrangements. These days people travel around seeking jobs in different places and having to build up a life elsewhere more than once. That makes social life less a given. You have to work for it, some seem okay with being single and others just hate the whole drama of getting rejected 99% of the times. Most guys hate it. I can’t blame people for wanting to be or stay single. Better be at peace with yourself.. The increase of singleness IMO just shows what has always been obvious.. that a lot of people just aren’t made for monogamy and family duties.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhesenamun
I'm still single too. I've always been single, never been in a relationship. Not even on a date. Nothing. Since my teenage years, men have always told me that I am "not good enough". What a disgusting thing to say to a person!

Difference is now though - after a lifetime of wanting to love and be loved, I've given up on this subject. I'm through with it - I wouldn't want a husband running around creating havoc, throwing beer cans about and yelling about football/soccer, telling me how to live my life and interfering with everything, and generally behaving like some nincompoop.

Deep down I do long to love and be loved - but it's time to get a kitty again, I miss my cat who passed over several years ago.

At least with a cat there are no problems. I can keep everything in my house all pink and frilly, I don't have to deal with some idiot waffling nonsense and I don't have to explain myself to anyone.

Not that I'm happy being single - but I'm making the best of what is being forced on me anyway instead of being all depressed over why I am considered "not good enough".

That sounds very sad. I am sorry men have been telling you this. There is a great book called "You Can Heal Your Life" which deals with such issues. By Louise Hay.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Suspended
Guide
Single yet not alone because at some time grateful for the lovely souls I've met that I'm connected to, no matter how far apart or where ever they may go. <3
Old 07-11-2018, 06:31 AM
Guide

I was single for 11.5 years. I tried the dating thing two years ago, it was awful. Than I met someone a couple of months ago...
Old 07-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Ankhesenamun

Honza - thank you, just ordered that book! I know Hay House Productions, they publish some great books.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Suspended
I'm on my own, and I can't find anyone that I want because the women that I meet are not very pleasant.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
Single yet not alone because at some time grateful for the lovely souls I've met that I'm connected to, no matter how far apart or where ever they may go. <3

That's a lovely thing to say, brought a tear to my emotional eyes.

God bless you and every soul.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:16 AM
Ascender
I am alone for the moment...but expect my British husband is on his way into my life as we speak/write!
Old 10-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Guide
Right now I'm Single and focusing on myself. There's a lot of healing that needs to be done before I get in a new relationship. I think this would be wise before I enter into a new relationship. I'm in no hurry to find love.