Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 30-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Ascender
"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"

At SF's end this problem can be corrected by:
Displaying the results without redirection or changing the 301 redirect to a temporary redirect.
Like, for me, in Firefox, when trying to view "New Posts" -> "Previous Visit":
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/search.php?do=getnew
got 301 redirected to:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/search.php?searchid=1837543
This is an e.g. of the redirection i'm talking about. Now the "search""id" "1837543" in the URL has expired, so it's giving the "no matches" error.

301 redirection is a permanent redirection. In the above e.g., web-browser has been told that the "getnew" URL should be redirected to the "1837543" URL and has been told that this is permanent. So the browser is redirecting this way even when the search id 1837543 has expired. If it would have been a temporary redirect then the browser instead of sticking with one search id, would have redirected to a new search id being given by SF website.

In SF's coding, the working behind the redirection must be like:
header("Location: /foo.php",TRUE,301);
and changing the above 301 to 307 will correct this problem. Changing the "1" to "7".
Old 02-07-2019, 02:26 PM
Administrator
Hello

I run the site the best I can with the tools I have in the Admin Panel I do not hold the "licence" to the site so what we have is what we get. Be blessed its still here and running as I have no contact with a "Host" at this point in time or any tech supports that I can access for help.

Lynn
SF Admin and Staff