Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 10:43 AM
Lorelyen

Editing window (time limit) changed.

Shame but it seems editing has been substantially curtailed.
What are the new timings?
Thanks if you can let me know.

If they are now very short, like half an hour or so, it would seem prudent to allow people to delete their posts also. Can I suggest that?

Misunderstandings in a thread can often be sorted if editing is allowed but if not it may be best to delete e.g. a post that turns out to be contentious.

Two sites I visit, one being the Daily Telegraph, limit editing time but also allow deletion at any time after posting.

Cheers.
Old 18-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Lorelyen

I had to answer the question myself. Looks like editing is limited to 2 hours.

Point is, if you post then get interrupted by something that could last a while you won't be able to return to edit it. If you misunderstood something or worded it ambiguously you'll need a new post.
I don't recall this change being announced!
Old 16-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I had to answer the question myself. Looks like editing is limited to 2 hours.

Point is, if you post then get interrupted by something that could last a while you won't be able to return to edit it. If you misunderstood something or worded it ambiguously you'll need a new post.
I don't recall this change being announced!

I find this a real problem
in places where others do not.
Old 27-06-2019, 01:48 AM
Deactivated Account
This just happened to me also. My editing window was at the two hour mark or thereabouts for 5 years, and now it's a half an hour. :(

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 27-06-2019, 05:00 AM
Master
I think it's a good thing in a way. Used for spelling and grammar mistakes. Or deletion. Changing the whole context of a post not so good though. It's always possible to create a whole new post to add any extra points etc. Some forums have no edit facility at all.