Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 AM
sruthy

dragons.

Did or does dragons really exist?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Ascender

I believe they existed once upon a time.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Sangress

Depends on whether your talking physical or spiritual...or what you even consider a dragon to be.

I say they are spiritual non-physical beings who once had bodies which may or may not be similar to folklore or legends.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Enya

There's a theory that dragons originate from ancestral memory of dinosaurs. They can also be regarded as a symbol of earth energies, as understood by ancient cultures. Nowadays, you can regard them as archtypes of ancient wisdom and power, the symbols of something within which must be respected and honoured.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
sruthy

so what are the spiritual and physical explanations about the existence of dragons?
Old 14-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sruthy
so what are the spiritual and physical explanations about the existence of dragons?

This may help to answer a part of your question. This is from the The Druid Animal Oracle by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm - it was believed by the druids there were 4 elemental dragons. This is form the Earth Dragon.....

"There is a connection between the dragon that slumbers coiled around the hill or around the treasure in the cave of the heart, and the creature we discover at the center of the maze or spiral. Both are aspects of ourself--both can be seen as Guardians of the Threshold--to be respected and loved but also challenged and perhaps in certain senses overcome. Whether the maze is classical with seven rings, such as the sixth-century carvings found in Hollywood, Ireland, and Tintagel in Cornwall, or simply the triple spiral as found at the far more ancient sites of Newgrange in Ireland or Achnabrek in Scotland, it is generally agreed that such symbols represent the journey of the soul in and out of incarnation. If we can face the dragon-guardian of the treasure-house of the soul and Otherworld with sincerity and humility, it may well guide us through the labyrinth to the heart of the world, there to find the inspiration and courage to be reborn again in time and space."
Old 21-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Eudaimonist

I believe in dragons... from Komodo. :)

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 21-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Master
Who knows. No physical evidence has ever been found to suggest they did.
Old 21-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Master
I love dragons, Idk if they're real beyond the komodos but makes me think and wonder about where did the story of the medieval tale of St. George(?) being a dragonslayer, I may have the wrong saint, though, lol.

Old 21-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Master
In the Bible, genesis talks about man and woman being created. Later God takes Adam's rib and creates Eve. The first woman was actually Lilith, who left Adam and chose to cavort with demons. The various offspring she produced likely gave rise many of the myths of fantastic creatures that we hear today.