Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Master
Yeah exactly. Some people suck and they are really negative and some are extremely negative or evil. What do you think that Negative energy is? Contemplate all the negative energy in the cosmos; on our planet, other planets, other worlds, maybe in other universes and see all that evil as collective, as "one" or unified. - Satan

That is why Jesus called Satan, "the Evil One".

It's not a person, it's not a creature, it's not some fallen angel who makes wars like we live in Lord of the rings. It is a cosmic principle or energy that has it's purpose to give souls and entities complete free expression, even expression of the negative and evil. And this energy is more in some of us and less in some of us depending on how self-centered we are. The closer and more consumed in their self-centered nature, the more the person is a conduit of "Satan", a channel for "negative forces".

Sorry you have a hang up about the word but maybe a new word needs to be created to explain this. Maybe the Evil Power or the Self-centered Forces, or the Negative force.

Whatever. Who cares what you call it. Either way it's all bad.
Old 17-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Administrator
Hello

Not from the way I was raised to see Satan in the Anglican Church Sunday services. I to see the value in the concepts of a good and bad aspect. We are both that what we see as a white divine angel and we too are that dark side we would see in a fallen angel. We all hold in us those properties to do good and bad deeds in life's path. We can all go to the dark places.

I think it is good to have a reference point to give us an idea of good and an idea of bad (note I do not use evil) that is a power word that so strikes the fear in us like "demon" when one's talk about spirits around a house ext.

There is that Ying and Yank in balance in our Universe that White and Black that holds things in place. We to be enlightened have to walk in both light and dark places do we not ? We have most likely in past lives all had that "fallen angel" role.

Lynn
Old 17-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Master

I believe there is evil in this world , but satain was more created to keep church members in line . There are people that do remote viewing that have scene a being that could be thought of as satain , so who knows .
Old 17-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Master
But the real question is WHY does evil exist. Why is it when we walk into a room or a place where a person or many persons have been killed we immediately pick up a vibe. A bad vibe. That energy and the response to that energy is usually the same unless of course we did the killings. But the vibe is the same. What energy or intelligence lies in that moment?

There is always this feeling of emptiness, negativity, and hollow nothingness. An absence of love, light, and basically what the Being of the universe is- God.

So how could this exist when all exists and is sustained by the Sustaining Force we call God? Which is Light, Love, and Being Itself. What would be an "absence" of light, love, and being? Satan. It's a negative energy that appears to be real but isn't. Satan and Evil itself are the same thing. That is why Satan is very much "poetically" equivalent to God in scriptures. It is an allusion but also an illusion because Satan only exists because God desired for a Creation where all could experience all ends of the spectrum. So Satan or Evil is the natural consequence for the Divine wanting all experiences possible.

I am not trying to sound all intellectual and sophisticated but you don't get a good vibe from a bad scenario, or a rotten person, or a whatever the case may be. What is the source or energy for this negative vibe we get in life?

The ancients called it "Satan", the middle ages called it "The devil", Theologians correlated it with the "Lucifer- verse" in the Bible. The Lucifer Myth is a great metaphor. Lucifer means "bringer of light". Lucifer wanted "to be equal or greater than God" Lucifer thought he knew better than what is. This is the source of how people do evil. They think and justify what they do for their own "good" and their standard of "good" but in the end they are creating evil. Institutional evils, personal evils, governmental evils, and religious evils are all committed out of a justification for what they feel is good, not what truly Is and what is the Truth.

So this "Devil" principle exists within us and around us because it is so easy to make things that are not good, God, and Right and make them God, Good, and Right. It all comes from that self-centered and self-righteous tendency in all walks of life.
Old 20-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Watkins

Probably as an entity of evil and not by the name. You know, like death being portrayed as a hooded skeleton with a scythe or a dark angel with black wings...

I may very well be wrong in this, of course.
Old 20-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Experiencer
I don't believe in the devil, not as being the polar opposite force from God. This is because hatred and evil is self destructive by nature, so an entity could only go so far into low vibration before "collapsing". On the other hand, love is constructive, God as the highest entity of love would be infinite in nature and there's no topping that. :-)

So I do believe that many souls chose to go to such a negative place that they become devilish, but never an equal opposite force from God.
Old 22-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Master
As much as I believe that there is a "negative force" in the universe that has to be contended with, just as there is a positive one that comes from the Divine and is part of the Divine; I don't believe the negative is really equaled to God, but is part of that Oneness.

Sounds odd, but God; the Divine Force or Energy is oneness and all things are within this unified body but there are parts of the Whole that are negative. Some are more negative that others and a negative force and energy runs through these parts, souls, and entities within the One Great Entity. I guess you could say that the Negative forces are the aspect of the Being that are separated in consciousness (hell) and dwell on lower-planes. They could remain there forever because that is the consciousness they live by and stay within.

As much as I think all souls and spirits will return to the Wholeness and Oneness of Life or God, I still think we have more responsibility and credit unto ourselves to stay in an eternal heavenly consciousness or an eternal hellish one. It depends on how we choose to treat one another and ourselves.

I remember seeing "what dreams may come" where souls in what was depicted to be some sort of hell sounded like they were in pain and suffering and wanted help. That can't be hell and such a place couldn't exist because that would like a Purgatory-like realm where souls are stuck and need help but it is still a lower state. A hellish after-life would be suffering but also inflicting suffering on others (devilish, negative, and demonic entities). It is more about if there is a malevolent inflicting aspect unto others that defines a certain spirit or entity is in a hellish consciousness.

I think a lot of spiritualists, spiritual people, and even religious people forget this when either believing in such things or not believing in such things.
Old 22-03-2015, 06:06 PM
teresasbirds

I believe in higher and lower vibrations we as spiritual beings learn if you so wish to to vibrate at a higher energy that gets higher as we learn and grow. But also not just learn but practice what you learn. Do I believe in the Devil...no I do not. Do I believe in Hell...no. I do believe that we go into a review after death of all that we have done here on this earth plain. Some have done despicable things and choose to not review what they have done. Is this Hell or Purgotory...I don't know
Old 22-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Knower
The term "spiritual people" is ambiguous enough to include members of religious groups that require belief in Satan as a qualification for membership, members of religious or occult groups that deny the existence of such an entity, and a wide variety of people whose views are somewhere between the two. So I'm not sure the question posed in the thread title has an answer.
Old 22-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Zed603

Hi

I think Satan is a useful tool to invoke an emotion that the leaders of certain groups can use as a means of control. When the fear of Satan is no longer as strong that individual might be seen by such leaders as needing more attention or evaluation.

To be 'childlike' (less able to reason) within such a group is considered enlightened.

Sorry if negative but I speak from my past.