Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 21-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Vibrael

Arrow The higher self

- I am new to Taoism and I wanted to become my higher self but I am a little confused as how to do so. I have read articles and watched videos that advised a chronological order or method into becoming more enlightened that suggested I achieve luna Spirituality and focus on the lower level chakras before gaining Solar Spirituality and focusing on my higher level of chakras. I honestly don't know how to do any of these things, what are some ways that you have become more enlightened? What did you do through out your journey? do you have any suggestions, books, websites, or references that would help me thought out my process?

I am currently going on a book shopping spree so book recommendations would really help

- Thank you for commenting
Old 22-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Experiencer
Non guided meditation is a very good place to start. The only way "up" is to go all the way down into yourself. Find the source of your thoughts, your feelings, your fears and see them all for what they really are.

Then, and only then, will you find your essential self.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Knower
I will reiterate what sarek has said by stating that our minds or consciousness that we experience everyday is being heavily filtered through our thoughts, ideas, prejudices (i.e. Ego). To me personally spirituality is about discerning consciousness before it goes through those various filters; to see the truest sense of who or what illuminates our perception.

The chakras can serve as a useful directive for your meditation, especially in the preliminary stages of these types of practices. However, I would urge caution against investing yourself in any one particular method. A solid foundation in a few approaches will afford an important substratum of spiritual integrity upon which you can 'grow' (for lack of a better word), in my humble opinion of course. :)

You mention "lunar Spirituality" and "Solar Spirituality" and I am wondering if you could provide any information on those two terms or provide a link to where I could get said information. Much thanks in advance! :)
Old 13-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Octy

I'm adding to this post as a way of tagging it so I can keep an eye on it. Taoism sits close to my heart.

Great thread.
Old 20-06-2014, 01:44 AM
Knower
The nature of a Taoist is to strive towards being in complete command of every facet of one's being (ie. mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, etc.) and to be free of the yoke of external and internal contradiction (compare this with the Buddhist concept of anattā). For the realized Taoist who sees from the perspective of his "higher self" duality becomes a misnomer; a good analogy for this is to consider the difference of physical objects when viewed from the standpoint of particle physics.
Old 21-06-2014, 09:09 PM
VisionQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrael
- I am new to Taoism and I wanted to become my higher self but I am a little confused as how to do so. I have read articles and watched videos that advised a chronological order or method into becoming more enlightened that suggested I achieve luna Spirituality and focus on the lower level chakras before gaining Solar Spirituality and focusing on my higher level of chakras. I honestly don't know how to do any of these things, what are some ways that you have become more enlightened? What did you do through out your journey? do you have any suggestions, books, websites, or references that would help me thought out my process?

I am currently going on a book shopping spree so book recommendations would really help

- Thank you for commenting

Awesome! Dontknow is a great starting place! No one knows who thinks I already know. This is the purpose of Meditation , creating a GAP - a SPACE for the Divine Self to be Heard~

So begin very slowly and persistently. Make the commitment NOT to stop trying. Some helpful works : Self Unfoldment By Disciplines Of Realization by Manly Hall, SuperMind by Vernon Howard, Initiation by Elisabeth Haich; these are all written via the Divine Mind through those who reached into IT!

Go slow ...... it is a long process. Though some INSTANT amplifications , blessings via GRACE will arrive according to the effort and sincerity.

No right nor wrong ways in going about this. "When the right man uses the wrong means, the wrong means works in the right way. When the wrong man uses the right means, the right means works in the wrong way."
That sums it up nicely.
The right man is persistent.
The right man wants to be of service to others.
The right man is filled with errors and is willing to be corrected, over and over.
The right man is often a woman! :)
It is a SOLO act within your own Consciousness and the Super-Consciousness ~

I spent 3 years 24-7 trying to make a direct Divine connection, GRACE did arrive after three years effort. Though ..... it could arrive sooner or later.
Old 28-06-2014, 06:52 AM
NoPlaceToStand

Hey Vibrael,

Best wishes on your journey! As a first Taoist text, I'd pick up the Hua Hu Ching. It isn't as good as the two main works (Tao Te Ching and the writings of Chuang Tzu), but it is a great overview.

As for the path to your higher self, in my humble opinion, the first step is to get rid of all of the "fancy" spiritual dross. Take everything you think you know about the idea of a "higher self", then forget it. Take what you have read about the chakras, then forget it. Take what you have learned about Luna Spirituality... forget that too.

Taoism is about clearing your mind to the point where you no longer need books, methods and teachers to act in accord with the universe. Early on, you WILL (most likely) need these things, but a good teacher, or a good book on enlightenment (whether a Taoist text or one from another tradition) will teach you how to free yourself without loading you down with a lot of concepts that will blind you. Once you are comfortable with your spiritual direction, you can start to use concepts to describe your experiences, but perhaps one of the first steps on the Way is to realize the emptiness of all of the concepts that philosophies, religions and spiritual teachings (also be wary of Taoists on this account!) try to throw at you.

Best regards from a simple fool,
-NoPlaceToStand