Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 14-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waller
The technical difference between LD and the OBE is in LD not only do you know you are dreaming but you can control the direction and outcome of the dream.

An OBE in the realms where the collective consciousness holds the power of manifestation, where it is highly improbable that you can alter the experience, is, by definition, not an LD.

In my opinion there are two planes one dream plane and other is astral plane. again there are two type of dreams, one non-lucid dreams and other is lucid dreams.

In non-lucid dreams either we are on dream plane or on astral plane. In lucid dreams too either we are on astral plane or on dream plane.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Newbie ;)

A couple of things here:

You can astral travel without being asleep, with the full-on OBE experience, etc, or even skip that bit and describe someone's house to them, though that last one might be more akin to remote viewing.

While sleeping, yes, they are different.

In Dream Awareness, most people's first step to lucid dreaming, you simply become aware you are in a dream. (my own definition, mind you). You don't really control much, just have knowledge. This is pretty cool in itself.

In Lucid Dreaming, you not only aware you are dreaming, but you have complete control. Like daydream on steroids - you can make people appear and basically control your environment.The techniques having you wake up at night then return to sleep are good at producing this sort of thing.

When you Astral Travel during a dream, you are aware of the dreaming or alternative conciousness, but you only have control over yourself in the environment you are in, but you do not have control over the environment around you.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hippo
A couple of things here:

In Lucid Dreaming, you not only aware you are dreaming, but you have complete control. Like daydream on steroids - you can make people appear and basically control your environment.The techniques having you wake up at night then return to sleep are good at producing this sort of thing.

In Lucid dreaming, being able to control elements is only a small area of experiences you can have. The being able to manipulate the environment like that only works in dreams fabricated from your own personal subconscious. But many dreams go much deeper than that and lucidity is required for deeper exploration in those areas.
Old 22-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Seeker
In my personal opinion lucid dreaming is more internal and astral projection is more external. Although similar in many ways, it is a different perspective of consciousness.
Old 23-05-2016, 06:10 AM
Master
we travl in dreams im sur we do or telprt 2 fi difrtn plase we do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 16-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Newbie ;)

I used to have flying dreams as a child. Lots of them: not all the same, but very similar themes.

I'd find myself in a situation where some man (whom I didn't know) was chasing me. I'd be trying to outsmart him by weaving throughout hallways, rooms in odd houses, random secret tunnels etc until I could make my way out of the building. Then I'd start running and running as fast as I could until I could 'take off' and then fly over forests, valleys & mountains ;)

Very odd for a 5-7yo!

I think the trying to escape the man was very dream-based, however as soon as I found myself outdoors, I remember willing myself to take off and fly, and would control directions, search for the forests and then slip into nirvana ;)

So, I think that bit was lucid. As for whether it was astral-based, I'm not sure it was. How can you tell?