Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Lorelyen

I’m going along with Greenslade on this one. It’s so difficult to pin down what truth is other than in the esoteric sense of what you happen to believe about any particular thing and that can change. Other than that you have only events and their connotations, states if you like, that represent observable or noumenal “facts” that you can look back on almost as snapshots.

Rather than truths I see a core aim that, as it flows, can alter direction. Life seems to be the accumulation of experiences relying on our awareness and susceptibility to acknowledging experiences. As we look into ourselves these experiences inform us of what and who we are. They’ll certainly relate to our spiritual aims (as they stand at any one time) so to me the truth is what you believe that aim to be at that time. It may change. You can be following a “path” then make a sudden discovery that changes everything so you have to review what truth now means. It flows. I mean, we don’t think of it in discrete stages – maybe sometimes we do, like a big-bang discovery – but it’s a continuum. Truth is that continuum, embodied in an aim.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I’m going along with Greenslade on this one. It’s so difficult to pin down what truth is other than in the esoteric sense of what you happen to believe about any particular thing and that can change. Other than that you have only events and their connotations, states if you like, that represent observable or noumenal “facts” that you can look back on almost as snapshots.

Rather than truths I see a core aim that, as it flows, can alter direction. Life seems to be the accumulation of experiences relying on our awareness and susceptibility to acknowledging experiences. As we look into ourselves these experiences inform us of what and who we are. They’ll certainly relate to our spiritual aims (as they stand at any one time) so to me the truth is what you believe that aim to be at that time. It may change. You can be following a “path” then make a sudden discovery that changes everything so you have to review what truth now means. It flows. I mean, we don’t think of it in discrete stages – maybe sometimes we do, like a big-bang discovery – but it’s a continuum. Truth is that continuum.

i really like this reply.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
"naturesflow,"

Your post was both thoughtful and eloquent - a truly special one to me. I imagine I'll be reading it a few more times.

This line stood out to me, especially given my recent dreams:

"When I questioned and doubted all that I thought was real, I got more real and life became more real about what life wanted of me. "

And this one:

"Listening and allowing, letting go and moving forward step by step."

Beautiful.

I will treasure this post of yours - always. Thank you so much for it.

Your welcome.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Master

Follow your heart, not your mother's or anyone else's. Spiritual development is a personal thing. What's right for one individual might not be right for another
Old 02-02-2018, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Oh, wow. Is it just me that feels this way? Well, first let me explain my perception on the thought of truth. For me, 'truth' is only one thing...unconditional love. Nothing really matters at all, because if the majority of us really practiced it, this existence could be a paradise. And therefore, the "truth" would become easy to recognize.

The fact that this existence isn't a paradise (and seems to be falling apart in some ways, yet in others points to a spiritual awakening...i.e. unconditional love) shows, to me, that we have to consider what it is that's making this existence NOT a paradise. Well, does it sound sensible to say the culprit is the ego? The unbridled ego is the path to destruction, and yet we all have to deal with it, and have all been victim of it whether we realize it or not. The only way to rescue ourselves is to ask ourselves...is this "truth" I'm feeling or told about revealing unconditional love? If not, then it's not truth. And that can never change.
That's the way I see it.

Namaste...!
i agree, and disagree on most of your points (the last couple appear to be
"muddled", and i can't follow your thoughts there). i imagine that Love is
the sum total of all that is. [my imagination is an extended version of my
perceptions, which are limited in nature.] since i acknowledge perceiving
lies and other untruths, i can't logically proclaim Love and Truth to be
synonymous. Love appears to be a broader tent than Truth.
also, and this is a minor distinction, i view Love as "unqualified" and to
speak of "unconditional Love" seems something of a misnomer. as i see it,
anything which falls short of unconditional love is what requires qualification.
"Nothing really matters at all" sticks in my craw... love is not cavalier and
uncaring. i believe i get your point, we shouldn't get bent outta shape over
inconsequential trivialities, nor fret over things which aren't a problem, but
the phrasing of your thought feels worrisome.
when we get to the heart of your post is where i feel to be most at odds with
you thoughts. i don't sense the ego as being a culprit. the efforts to vilify the
ego were likely spearheaded by some 'alien intelligence' which has sought
to subjugate humans into perpetual servitude (imo). look at the word "ego":
it means "a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance". i believe that
each person holds intrinsic value, and that they can sense that through ego.
the ego might also be defined as: "the part of the mind that mediates between
the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a
sense of personal identity". to act as that intermediary is to be engaged in
loving service to the polar extremities of god... it is to be the love of god!
i see 'reality testing' to be how we experience life, and i sense no fault in
having a "personal identity". in my estimation, where people have gone astray
is when they've come to believe themselves as separate from divinity. there is
no separation from the whole of everything... all is one (all is Love).

the divine in me bows to the divine in you.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:47 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
They’ll certainly relate to our spiritual aims (as they stand at any one time) so to me the truth is what you believe that aim to be at that time. It may change.
Which sounds as though the truth is relative to one's own agenda - agenda not being a swear-word.

Quote:
You can be following a “path” then make a sudden discovery that changes everything so you have to review what truth now means. It flows. I mean, we don’t think of it in discrete stages – maybe sometimes we do, like a big-bang discovery – but it’s a continuum. Truth is that continuum, embodied in an aim.
We have what - if we're being very honest with ourselves - what resonates with us at that time. As beings of energy our vibrations can take ' quantum leaps' and we find truths no longer resonate with us because those truths belong to another state of conscious. Similarly, when we pop our clogs our consciousness will change according to those 'angelic', harp-twanging vibrations and we'll realise a different level of truth again.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Kioma

The only constant is change - and that will never change.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Thanks H:O:R:A:C:E
Old 05-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
The only constant is change - and that will never change.
"The only constant in the universe is change"
The 4 Basic Universal Laws of Creation
https://kwamla.wordpress.com/2010/02...s-of-creation/
Old 01-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
I'm sorry I'm late coming back to this thread and I had to go back a few pages to find it!

I just want to thank everyone for your generous and brilliant responses. Blessings!

Greenslade, a special 'shout out' goes to you for your response. It really resonated with me and was beautiffuly communicated.