Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-01-2015, 01:01 AM
Chris Nchols

You don't have to read all the words when you can actually feel bad vibes and negativity coming from them.Also i wasn't pointing fingers at anybody directly i was just being honest.Hopefully that makes sense.And trust me i don't pick up on negative energy easily.Anyways i wish everyone the best. I really do.
Old 18-01-2015, 01:15 AM
Master
Funny, I believe I pick up on negativity and unskillful intentions underlying posts rather easily and I certainly can't say I agree with the degree of negativity you believe is present. Anyway..

One thing I can say for certain is that I haven't perceived even a hint of negativity from any of Gem's posts in any of my conversations with him. That is respectable.
Old 18-01-2015, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Wow Gem.

I was just using a standard method of showing how established recognized teachers have said the same thing. Kinda like writing a paper in school and providing sources.

I think you have a big issue with authority figures. I have noticed anything even closely related to it get's you going. Your not going to listen.

I could dig about in the contradictions of spiritual antiquity and find what I need to pretentiously assert the righteousness of my views, but that'd be dogmatic and preachy, and I see no way of having a reasonable conversation with people who resort to that tactic.
Old 18-01-2015, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Some may confuse my frankness and directness for hostility, but I'd like to make it clear that I wish the best for Gem and everyone else I engage in conversation with here and I don't say things that I believe will hurt anyone in any way. Not sure if you were referring to me Chris, but I thought I'd put that out there anyway. I think it helps to read the actual words and see how they apply rather than trying to guess what everyone's intentions are. It's very easy to take something the wrong way through this particular medium of interaction.

I believe that you do wish the best, and appreciate your frankness, and even though I find personally directed commentary distasteful, I don't take it to heart, and it's very clear, or if it isn't clear I'm making it clear now, that there's no authority who deems the rightness or wrongness within any point of disagreement or contention (not Jesus or Buddha or any person present), and retaining a self awareness of where inflation of that ego balloon occurs is of benefit to us all.

I also understand that people feel adverse toward points of disagreement or contention and resist difficult or heated conversations, and mostly prefer to be nice, but there is a cold face to truthfulness which is demanding of sincerity.

The meditation, in practice, isn't the incense clouds, petals, scented candles and free hugs, it's a very direct way of facing the truth of yourself, which is almost invariably difficult, and in terms of desire, that self inquiry will take everything you've got, literally, until there's nothing left of you, but this doesn't start when you take your posture or end when your meditation time has expired; it pervades every minute detail of every moment of your life, and this thread is a continuation of that meditation, of that life, not a respite from it, not an escape from it.

The systems and the practices are like asides, and we engage in these to the same degree of superficiality or depth as we engage in any other activity, and if not completely engaged, the moment is gone, and the quiet stillness of being is sucked along with the endless attachments of thought.

There is no time when a practice begins, and no time when it ends, there is only practice, there is only life, and the time spent in formal postures is time well spent, though it is as significant or as insignificant as any other undertaking.

A time comes where the psyche exhausts itself and the entire life becomes fruitless goalless and empty as the person can no longer endure being party to the perpetual motion of the mind, and then the retreat begins, as the person surrenders to whatever may come, understanding the futility of taking action to direct the flow of thought's current and the futility of reacting to the arousal of thought and sensation, and every part of the psyche from the most solid to the most subtle of it, releases from its lodgings and is swept away, until finally, the thought has nothing to cling to or attach to or get caught on, and there's free flow.

People will come with the religious tenets and antiquated systems and if the inclination is such, go in that direction, but the understanding must be there, that the inclination must be directed toward what is truely loved, and not what what is most tempting, most pleasurable, or guided in avoidance of the things that are hated, but absolutely directed toward that which is most loved. This is of the deepest integrity where walking in the truth will uproot and destroy all things held dear along with all things that torment you and cast them into impermanence, and everything that defines you which can no longer be maintained or upheld is reduced to utter choicelessness in full view of the inevitable being.

This ends my rave, and I hope it entertains you.
Old 18-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Chris Nchols

Anyways i know what i feel and this site just isn't my cup of tea after checking this site out and going through it with a fine tooth comb sort of speak.I wish nothing but the best for everyone and my journey continues...BYE........
Old 18-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nchols
Anyways i know what i feel and this site just isn't my cup of tea after checking this site out and going through it with a fine tooth comb sort of speak.I wish nothing but the best for everyone and my journey continues...BYE........

I understand. I'm personally not here to learn anything particularly, but rather to provide potentially beneficial perspectives to those seeking help, and even to those who think they have everything figured out. There is an awful lot of unexamined assumption-based belief floating around here and sometimes giving advice based in this can prove to be very misleading.

Anyway, hope you find what you're looking for. My personal favorite forum is DhammaWheel.com, a whole lot of very experience spiritual practitioners who share very down-to-earth and effective advice, although it's a Buddhism forum so mystical or belief-driven subjects like "fairies," "channeling," "twin-flame" etc will likely be grounded and pounded into proper perspective, which is essentially that none of it provides any benefit in the way of true spiritual growth and any importance or identity associated with these subjects needs to be abandoned. Also, AstralPulse.com and AstralDynamics.com are excellent forums regarding out of body experiences, and Dreamviews.com is by far the best forum for lucid dreaming discussion.

Take care
Old 18-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I could dig about in the contradictions of spiritual antiquity and find what I need to pretentiously assert the righteousness of my views, but that'd be dogmatic and preachy, and I see no way of having a reasonable conversation with people who resort to that tactic.

You do realize that you are on a spirituality website

Quoting learned masters helps to let us know we are on the right path or how to interrupt an experience or stage of learning.

Without it you get people making stuff up or getting lost in the playground like astral projection or lucid dreaming. People also tend to think they have reached end points where there is no end.

I can see why you wouldn't like that though

"A foolish man clings to wrong views, mocks the teaching of the righteous, and invites ruin and destruction."

- Thich Nhat Hanh