Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-09-2014, 05:09 AM
Gryneos

Non-Human Lives

This topic can be about your regular animal and similar non-humans lives y'all have talked about all over this sub-forum. It can also include Otherkin (a term which includes the forms of demons, angels, dragons, elves, fairies, werewolves, vampyres, therians, mythicals, fictional, flora, and non-biologicals.) I know this is a topic that doesn't get much discussion around here, whether due to limited info and experience on the subject, or to preconceived ideas found elsewhere online. I'd like to help broaden that info if possible

My observation with otherkin has led me to notice how the "Otherkin phenomenon" appears to have come relatively abruptly onto the scene in the last twenty years or so. What I mean by that is below.

The Otherkin Phenomenon
This can be any single, combination, or all of the following:

1. It's psychological, in that they feel non-human most of the time
2. It's spiritual in that they think their soul is non-human
3. Related to spiritual by the belief in non-human past-lives

Also, by my observation, most people that identify as otherkin are quite young, usually mid-teens to early twenties. This has led me to a bit of a problem in that all too often, I'm at least twice if not three times as old as those younger 'kin. Now, that's not always a problem in that most people can relate to younger folks, too. Where things get difficult is in how various otherkin communities govern themselves. That is, with rather restrictive rules about what is "allowed" for discussion and personal statements.

I'm bringing this discussion here because I won't be told "you can't state a belief as fact! It's against the rules." We don't usually have to worry about an anti-theist pouncing on our beliefs with the intent to start a fight and 'win' the argument.

What we can do here is to discuss otherkin as it relates to not only past-lives on this planet, but also on other planets, other realities, other universes, and future lives on this planet.

I hope y'all jump in and participate. Ask me anything you may not understand about Otherkin. I can't claim to be an 'expert' on the topic, only that I do have personal experience in the matter

Namaste
Old 16-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi Gryneos,

Interesting thread topic, animal and non humans as past lives. Quite a variety of options shall we say, in the listings of those listed as Otherkin.
Is ET included in this or is he/ are they in a different category ? I just had to ask, lol. I am just curious ... not making fun of the seriousness of your topic.

As for the age thing, then you are one of the " Grankin " ? LOL ! just teasing.

Any idea how one might differentiate between having an animal, such as a cat as an animal totem .... and having had a past life as a cat ? Is it possible do you think to have been a cat in a past life ?

Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Raphah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryneos
Otherkin (a term which includes the forms of demons, angels, dragons, elves, fairies, werewolves, vampyres, therians, mythicals, fictional, flora, and non-biologicals.)
Please add wraiths and shades to the list.

You might also want to know that during the days of Atlantis, before the Great Flood, walking down a cobbled road, minding your own business, heading towards a normal town; it was quite common to almost get pushed off the road ledge by a rushing psychotic centaur, during the morning rush hour.

And with all of the half-human, half creature mutations that the fallen watchers were playing at it will not be long before we see this happening all over again.

Scientists have already successfully grown a human ear on a mouse.

Quote:
The Otherkin Phenomenon
This can be any single, combination, or all of the following:

1. It's psychological, in that they feel non-human most of the time
2. It's spiritual in that they think their soul is non-human
3. Related to spiritual by the belief in non-human past-lives
4) Add Demonic possession as well where if the brain activity is high enough, the host's spirit can see the negative entity hooked to their left shoulder blade whilst having a OOBE.

Last edited by Raphah : 16-09-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 16-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Gryneos

Hi Adrienne :)

The variety is really everything that isn't human, including inanimate. I know a few machinekin, including one that's a whole space ship (the idea of sentient ships has been around in science fiction for decades.) Plus, inanimate is that which we'd call everything in the world around us, whether it's something we made, or is a part of the Earth. If you've ever read Carlos Castaneda's book "The Art of Dreaming" you'd be familiar with this concept as the 'higher beings' in it were inorganic. I saw them in my mind as skinny pillars of some kind of stone, rounded off at the top.

ETs', Starseeds, and all within that description are certainly included. However, I rarely see them call themselves Otherkin, and I don't see many Otherkin that identify as Starseed/ET. Not that it doesn't happen, just that it's rare for the two to identify as either. I'm not sure why this is the case with them. Perhaps it's more of unfamiliarity on the part of Starseeds with the concept of Otherkin.

I do need to point this out, though, about Otherkin:

Many people dismiss them as "special snowflakes" or people that crave attention, and thus, do not delve any deeper than that, seemingly satisfied with the prejudicial description of Otherkin. We are a subject of mocking, even within those that blithely accept believers of religion and spirituality. Much of that stems from an unwillingness to accept our concept of possible past-lives.

To be honest, it is a difficult idea to accept as Otherkin even for myself. Yet, I also can't deny the results of my dreams and regressions.

"Grankin"!
It does make me wonder if, as is often suggested with Indigo and Crystal people, that there was a "scout" wave of Otherkin, too...

I do feel it's possible to have been a cat in another life. Not just from the belief of many with respect to "past" lives, but look too at the reincarnation principle in Hinduism. Their beliefs cover the entire spectrum of fauna (I don't know if they believe people can come back as plants or anything else, though...)

Animal totem spirits are separate from Otherkin as the latter is about how a human in this life identifies as something other than human. A totem can be represented by a non-human, but as I understand it, the spirit of that animal or plant is what brings the connection and energy of the same

Now, I don't see a problem with someone having a past life where they were the companion-animal of a human. Chew on that for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Hi Gryneos,

Interesting thread topic, animal and non humans as past lives. Quite a variety of options shall we say, in the listings of those listed as Otherkin.
Is ET included in this or is he/ are they in a different category ? I just had to ask, lol. I am just curious ... not making fun of the seriousness of your topic.

As for the age thing, then you are one of the " Grankin " ? LOL ! just teasing.

Any idea how one might differentiate between having an animal, such as a cat as an animal totem .... and having had a past life as a cat ? Is it possible do you think to have been a cat in a past life ?

Adrienne

Old 16-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Gryneos

Hi Raphah

I didn't include the whole definition of races from the Otherkin Community where I'm a member and used said page as a guide, so here it is, at least in text (you have to be a member to see threads and posts.)

Quote:
Races (link to that page)

Dark Races - In an attempt to avoid the term "demon", which raises a slur of misconceptions, this category has simply been named "Dark Races", implying the energy type, not motives.

Dragon - The well-known dragon race

Elemental - Races based off of the elements

Elven - Elves

Fae - Also known as Faerie, or Fairy

Light Races - Beings with a dominantly light energy type, such as the angelic races.
Sub-forums: Human, Angelic

Therian - People who identify as earthly animals either living or extinct.

Other - A forum where kintypes not having their own official subforum may gather and discuss.

Funny about life in Atlantis
I've been told about centaurs existing back then, yet have not discovered any lives during that time. All have been on other planets or even other realities.

One thing I like to point out with regards to DNA manipulation and how it relates to these "mythical" forms. That is, too many people call us "hybrids" and assume they can just tack human and animal DNA together and make the whole being.

While for me it would be called a centaur (or minotaur, faun, mermaid, et cetera) by the majority of humanity, it's still not the same. Until science can create whole-species DNA from scratch, such a hybrid being will always be a combination of two slightly similar forms of DNA, and not, in my case, singularly centaur-DNA. It can be a topic of contention with us to be called what we are not.

Maybe some of those in the Dark and Light races perceive possession as you describe it, but as I'm not a member of those races, I don't keep up with their experiences. Thus, I can't speak to that concept at all.

Some days in waking life, I do feel 'possessed' by my identity. There's a drawing and ink-wash by a French artist of a centauress that I have on my desktop. The proportions are just right, and I can't help but feel a twinge of longing every single time I gaze upon that figure. From my discussions with other members of Otherkin, this is a common occurrence, and for some, a constant feeling, never waning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphah
Please add wraiths and shades to the list.

You might also want to know that during the days of Atlantis, before the Great Flood, walking down a cobbled road, minding your own business, heading towards a normal town; it was quite common to almost get pushed off the road ledge by a rushing psychotic centaur, during the morning rush hour.

And with all of the half-human, half creature mutations that the fallen watchers were playing at it will not be long before we see this happening all over again.

Scientists have already successfully grown a human ear on a mouse.

4) Add Demonic possession as well where if the brain activity is high enough, the host's spirit can see the negative entity hooked to their left shoulder blade whilst having a OOBE.
Old 16-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Gryneos,

I haven't read the book "Carlos Castaneda's book "The Art of Dreaming" .

Thanks for answering my ET question, Starseeds ... that is the word I was looking for and now, knowing that ... my question was indeed a dumb one ! LOL ! . Quite obvious the two , Starseeds and Otherkin are separate categories.

I wasn't connecting animal totem spirits to Otherkin... I was wondering if one had characteristics of certain animals if they could be past life clues or connections to animal totems. I think this is probably one of those , one just doesn't really know kind of things. Something to wonder and think about.

Expect Miracles !

Old 16-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Raphah

Quote:
That is, too many people call us "hybrids" and assume they can just tack human and animal DNA together and make the whole being.
Well the nephilim are hybrids anyway; half-man, half-angel. Some of us mortals are more 'contaminated' with angel dna than others.

Quote:
It can be a topic of contention with us to be called what we are not.
Have you watched the TV Series 'Lost Girl' ? because every character is humanoid in physical structure, yet they are a mythical creature of some sort.
So maybe we actually are what we feel we are.
Maybe when 'the event' happens everybody who senses that they are a certain creature will obtain the unique abilities of that creature.

Quote:
Maybe some of those in the Dark and Light races perceive possession as you describe it, but as I'm not a member of those races, I don't keep up with their experiences. Thus, I can't speak to that concept at all.
Well if you have any questions concerning the dark ones then feel free to ask.

Quote:
From my discussions with other members of Otherkin, this is a common occurrence, and for some, a constant feeling, never waning.
Lol. Yes. And its so painful waiting whilst the true spirit is locked up inside us isn't it ?

Do you have a unique geographical location that you long to walk to or return to ? There is a reason for this.
Old 17-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Gryneos

Sorry for the delay in replying. Other stuff distracting me lately...

Hi Adrienne :)

To be perfectly honest, I never finished reading "The Art of Dreaming." It was giving me nightmares!

Technically, I'd say that Starseeds and Otherkin aren't that different after all. I'm not alone in the idea of including Starseeds within the umbrella of Otherkin. They both share the concept of originating from somewhere else, and born as a human in this life.

I know Doreen Virtue and others have suggested that people carry over the characteristics of whatever being they were in "previous" lives, but I've never ascribed to that idea. If we did, then why incarnate as human at all? I thought part of taking on the human existence was that it was a challenge, compared to whatever we were before this life.

I don't know enough about totems to determine if Otherkin can indicate which totem-connection you have. If that's what you're asking. I'm still unclear about that part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Hi Gryneos,

I haven't read the book "Carlos Castaneda's book "The Art of Dreaming" .

Thanks for answering my ET question, Starseeds ... that is the word I was looking for and now, knowing that ... my question was indeed a dumb one ! LOL ! . Quite obvious the two , Starseeds and Otherkin are separate categories.

I wasn't connecting animal totem spirits to Otherkin... I was wondering if one had characteristics of certain animals if they could be past life clues or connections to animal totems. I think this is probably one of those , one just doesn't really know kind of things. Something to wonder and think about.
Old 17-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Gryneos

What I was getting at with the DNA-angle was that while "hybridization" certainly took place, even for centaurs and such, it's just not the same as one type of DNA that makes the whole being. In other words, a human isn't a hybrid because its DNA is all human (this is just an example; I don't know enough about all of the past DNA-manipulations to state anything differently than that.) Thus, the DNA of the whole-being of a centaur would only have centaur-DNA and nothing else.

I have not heard of "Lost Girl." My TV-watching is pretty much limited to DVDs from Netflix (old TV series), Top Gear, Doctor Who, and old movies on TCM

There's only one centaur that ever had "unique abilities" and that was the immortal Kheiron (Chiron.) The rest were drunkards and womanizers (rapists.) Not sure I want that to happen to me...

Many of the Otherkin races don't appeal to me enough to ask about them. Oddly enough, other than those within or close to my identity, machinekin and some fictionkin intrigue me more. Most fictionkin seem to cover characters from videogames and anime I've never seen, so no connection there. I have yet to see any fictionkin from Speed Racer or Ghost in the Shell, but they may be out there somewhere...

And, it's not just the inner longing for this form. It's also the unique form of loneliness associated with being one of the rare forms of Otherkin. So far, I could count on two hands how many centaurs I've discovered out there. I cannot count the number of wolves I've seen.

As far as geographical locations on this planet that draw me that would be the southern coast of the Mediterranean and further into the Middle East, and Greece (but not Italy.) The lives I've had in either other realities or on other planets has similarities to places on this planet without adding to my draw to those areas. I like the Texas Hill Country for the terrain, trees (mostly oaks) and some grasses that remind me of other homes. However, I still prefer the coast so long as there are some live oaks around

Now then, how about yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphah
Well the nephilim are hybrids anyway; half-man, half-angel. Some of us mortals are more 'contaminated' with angel dna than others.

Have you watched the TV Series 'Lost Girl' ? because every character is humanoid in physical structure, yet they are a mythical creature of some sort.
So maybe we actually are what we feel we are.
Maybe when 'the event' happens everybody who senses that they are a certain creature will obtain the unique abilities of that creature.

Well if you have any questions concerning the dark ones then feel free to ask.

Lol. Yes. And its so painful waiting whilst the true spirit is locked up inside us isn't it ?

Do you have a unique geographical location that you long to walk to or return to ? There is a reason for this.
Old 17-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Deactivated Account

No worries about delay in replying - there is life outside the forum

Gryneos !! you were suggesting to me a book that was giving you nightmares ? ha ha !

Quote:
I don't know enough about totems to determine if Otherkin can indicate which totem-connection you have. If that's what you're asking. I'm still unclear about that part

no, I was just generally curious about a connection between an animal totem and being an animal/ cat in a past life, not in particular an Otherkin connection.

Expect Miracles !