Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-11-2010, 08:06 PM
LightFilledHeart

My understanding is that it is unique and individual for everyone. Some might come only as the same species they inhabited in the past, others move from one to another, and some choose not to take physical form (incarnate) at all! There are no limitations to the myriad of form spirit can inhabit. It's all about experience and what will serve as the best medium for growth for that individual soul. [IMO ]
Old 16-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Animus27

I have a rather animistic point of view, so I think that it is possible for animals to incarnate into humans (we ARE animals after all), and vice versa.
Old 17-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Sangress

Quote:
i was just curious......do you think that animals have the same souls/energy as humans? do you believe we can reincarnate as animals & vice versa? i have just bought 2 tiny puppies & instantly it is clear they have totally seperate personalities & traits. they are like human children in their mannerisms etc.

Yes, we are all connected in the web of life. We are all souls, we each have differences and similairities....but, just like everyone here has a base of flesh and blood, so does every soul have a familiar base.

I believe that our physical forms most often reflect our path of spiritual development. Often souls progress through skins in a way that allows greater intelligence, knowledge and experence each time around. So, regressing to an animalistic skin and mentality would be unlikely because it could cause frustraiting limitations, but it is not unheard of.

I find unborn babys often come back as animals (the trend seems to be domestic animals.) Not sure why. Perhaps it portreys their innocense and reliance on a carer, which they were never offered in their previous life.
Old 21-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b
i was just curious......do you think that animals have the same souls/energy as humans? do you believe we can reincarnate as animals & vice versa? i have just bought 2 tiny puppies & instantly it is clear they have totally seperate personalities & traits. they are like human children in their mannerisms etc.

when i had the amazing honour of talking to my dead cat, i realized in dismay, that i was by far not even close to being as intelligent as him. I knew he was a reconnecting soul mate, someone very dear to me, but his soul... was by far more complex than anything i have ever experienced, and i believe that animals have more amazing souls and energy than humans, unless his soul was simply just way more intelligent than any human spirit i've ever talked to.
Even when they are alive, they are more intelligent and connected to the spiritual than us. I remember feeling that i should have been honoured, that his grace was by far more than mine. But at the same time he was humble, vastly spiritual, and vastly patient with teaching me many things, and he talked about things i could barely grasp my mind around. I knew we were buddies in many past lives before, and that now he is with me in spirit now that he has passed.
Old 30-11-2010, 01:04 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b

Debbie...

I have a very sweet and wonderful memory of one of my cats. I was napping on the couch as it had snowed heavily and most of the city was "shut down" and I had a "snow day". My cat was sitting on the window sill looking out at the snow as I dozed. I woke up and gazed over to him and saw a beautiful lavender aura over his head. I've never seen that before or since on any other animal.
Old 30-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Wynd

My personal experience is that animals have the same soul as humans. Their souls choose what vessel is the right one for this life, just as the souls of humans do. In my communication with old soul animals, many have lived lives of humans and animals. It all depends on what the soul needs to learn. I feel the difference in a new soul (one that has not experienced many reincarnates) through to old souls (one that has reincarnated many many times). One dog in particular was once the brother of his current human owner (that was approximately 150-200 years previous).
Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 PM
angel6m2000

I read somewhere that if we have alot of negative karma or at least not good karma by the end of our lives we are reincarnated as the animal most likely to be similar to that bad/negative karma to help us learn from it, but that once an animal we can never become human again.

I don't really believe in the not becoming humans again part but the rest seems pretty logical to me.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Seperate_Reality

If it's living it has some type of aware spiritual-source. No spirit, then it's not alive. A rock is not alive and is part of the physical universe, space, energy, time, matter, but no spirit. Now, a Spiritual Being (you and me) are aware and also aware of being aware and can reason. We each can operate any physical body type structure, human, animal, nature, a whole Forrest, etc. on top of the lower spiritual-source that these physical-structures already have. When the mortal, physical, human body dies, we as non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings each go on and get another physical body to operate, so as to play in the physical world game again. We each go through a succession of different lifetimes with a new baby body per each lifetime.
A dog or a cat can be alive and is usually just run of the mill, but is far more aware and intelligent when a spiritual being decides to operate one of the physical bodies in their now new lifetime.

Psalm 90:10The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. (as non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings, we each Depart the Deceased mortal, physical, human body.)
Old 10-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Seeker
I have always felt a strong connection with with animals. They seem to have a deeper, richer soul than most humans do. In my opinion, they are a more honest, pure being.
Old 23-08-2011, 05:16 AM
indiesongwriter

I am not certain how I feel about this. I lean towards the notion that animal spirits don't reincarnate like humans do and that their spirit energy returns to the collective. In a sense, you could say that their part of the collective Godhead. I've read that animals don't spark souls because their brains do not have the capacity to be self aware that humans do. It fits my observations that animals don't have the same capacity for either great evil or truly selfless sacrifice that humans do. This isn't to say that animals aren't loving, because obviously they are part of God and so its in their nature to actually love more purely - but I don't think they are on the same lesson-arc that humans are. Perhaps the stuff of their animal soul that goes back into the soul soup will some day make a human (or on another planet a different creature) type soul but I'm not sure it would remember its animal life because it wasn't self aware or truly making moral choices so it doesn't have a bearing on its current arc. Although, maybe souls do start out as plants and animals just to understand the dynamics of the body and the mind - that may ring true to me - but I doubt that human spirits regularly incarnate as other animals on this world. I think it would be too limiting and it wouldn't be an adequate schoolhouse for the spirit to properly grow and develop because of its limited self-awareness and limited ability to make free will choices.