Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 30-05-2019, 11:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
Hi Akira!

Hope things are going well on your end.

In regards to your question I like how Sapphirez put it - see it as a challenge.

I would say having your Sun, Moon and Ascendant in cardinal signs CAN affect you negatively. It CAN just as easily affect you positively. How it affects you all depends on you and you alone. I am sure it's safe to assume you prefer the latter over the former. Having 3 of your main personalities housed in Cardinal signs will no doubt come with it's share of difficulties. You may sometimes come off as bossy, self centered, domineering and/or inconsiderate to others. Those being negative traits shared by the cardinal signs. We all have shortcomings though, and being aware of them is the first step towards fixing them. On the upside having a lot of cardinal energies comes with the positive traits as well. Cardinal Signs are the leaders of the Zodiac. They are the ones that come up with ideas (the good ones anyway) and have the ambition needed for them to launch their ideas and get them moving in the right direction. (they are excellent at starting things but not necessarily finishing them all the time.) You may need to turn to a fixed or mutable sign, who will gladly use their own traits to build (fixed signs) and perfect(mutable) your ideas assuming you are a good leader.

For Example, you can boss others around and use other immature tactics to get others to bend to your will, dismissing any other input that doesn't fit in your box. This will likely cause some confrontations though and wont gain you any respect. Or you can be a good leader. Using your own unique gifts to put a plan in place while appreciating and encouraging others unique gifts to help you fulfill your ambitions.

Similar to you I have A LOT going on but in the mutable signs instead. On the downside I can be flaky, unmotivated, unstable and unreliable. But on the plus side I am carefree, easygoing, flexible, and thrive in chaos. I am fully aware of my shortcomings, sometimes I choose to indulge in them if I feel like I need to. For example I will sometimes blow people off if I no longer feel like going through with the plans that I more than likely set up because of pressure put on me by someone else. Knowing myself, I tend to avoid making plans unless I am 100% sure I will follow through with them. Otherwise there is about a 50/50 chance I will cancel them last minute. I do however make a conscious effort to correct the negative traits. I don't want to be someone who is unreliable so it is something I work on correcting.

Bottom line: You are going to have both negative and positive traits, that's a given. All you can really do is be open to criticism and use it to your advantage by making a conscious effort to fix the unwanted behaviors. Always go after your best self!

Wow Gemini46 thank you so much, as it goes it's not me that has my moon, ascendant and sun all in a cardinal sign it's a person that I was interested in.

I found the person to be overbearing and wondered if this triplicity of the cardinal signs may have been the problem. The person in question had the water cardinal sun, the moon and ascendant in the cardinal air sign (Libra) ... To me it seemed as if there was too much leadership in the chart.

It's something that has puzzled me for a long time, whether this type of combination makes it hard for an individual to be non dominant...
Old 31-05-2019, 08:52 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
Hi!

I'm a bit of an astrology nerd, it just makes sense to me. Unfortunately it isn't a very common interest so my appetite to discuss with, learn from and teach others goes unquenched.

I don't consider myself an expert, I am quite positive I will forever be a student of astrology, its endless. I am however quite knowledgeable on the subject and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

I have spent the past 7 years absorbing all I could. My resources include countless #s of books & websites. I also learned a great deal from my father who shared my passion for astrology. He had spent most of his life teaching himself the subject.

Soooo I just wanted to put that out there. You can either PM me or post your questions. Ok that's all I wanted to say. I don't mind simply discussing it either if you are just looking for someone converse with. Ok now that's all :)

Amazing write ups and insight shared Gemini46! You have me curious as to what you would glean out of my Taurus heavy chart.
My Sun/Moon/Mercury/Venus/Mars are all Taurus, with a Cancer Rising.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 02-06-2019, 02:27 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Wow Gemini46 thank you so much, as it goes it's not me that has my moon, ascendant and sun all in a cardinal sign it's a person that I was interested in.

I found the person to be overbearing and wondered if this triplicity of the cardinal signs may have been the problem. The person in question had the water cardinal sun, the moon and ascendant in the cardinal air sign (Libra) ... To me it seemed as if there was too much leadership in the chart.

It's something that has puzzled me for a long time, whether this type of combination makes it hard for an individual to be non dominant...

Whoops my bad! I guess that is why we should never make assumptions

A lifelong friend of mine has the exact same placements and she is a prime example of someone who is NOT using them positively. She too is quite overbearing. She is very bossy and expects everyone to bend to her will. She seems to lack the ability to even acknowledge other perspectives (unless she is criticizing them) let alone being respectful towards them. She truly believes her's is superior and she has no problem expressing it. She surrounds herself with passive and easygoing types of people because they are the easiest to manipulate. Last July was her sister's bachelorette party and we all went out of town for the weekend to celebrate it. I shared a suite with her and 2 other girls. Her and one of the girls took the downstairs while the other girl and I took the upstairs. She spent every second wound up tighter than a g-string. She demanded that every piece of trash be tossed out immediately. Obviously we weren't about to do any of that on the trip that we all paid equal amounts for. So her response was to up the crazy another notch instead of listening to the logic the rest of us were trying to help her grasp. She would go on rants around the suite picking up what she saw to be trash. She yelled at me while I was brushing my hair to go upstairs in my bathroom and do that and to be sure to throw away any hair strands that were brushed out because she didn't want hair on the couch that A.) was not hers. & B.) She never sat on anyway. Obviously I wasn't going to do any of that either so we all had to hear her rant and rave about it many times throughout the trip. If there was an object that wasn't where she felt it should be she would clomp around looking for the responsible party and order that it be moved immediately and if it wasn't she would take it and toss it in our stuff. I don't recall one moment where she displayed an ounce of self awareness, it definitely made the trip less fun than it could of been. I have no idea how her husband lives with that. And her kids! Oh man I do not envy them at all. I've seen very little of her over the past 5 years and haven't seen her since the wedding & I'll admit I am perfectly ok with that.

Sorry to go off on a rant...I got caught up in the moment. Hope your person isn't at that level of the overbearing scale, if they are then I am truly sorry.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:46 AM
Master
Interesting!

I'm Capricorn sun, Gemini rising, Pisces moon, I forgot what my Venus is. There were very few 'traits' about Capricorn that I related to but for maybe loyalty...more related to the Pisces aspect of myself but trying to understand the Gemini part since when I read or watch anything they point out to check your rising sign.

What can you tell me about myself and also why/how are tarot cards tied in with astrology?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Master
If I also may ask a question... something that has busied me for some time.
I am Taurus, Moon Pisces, Venus Aries.
Now the Taurus, ruled by Venus, and the Pisces I'm a very gentle soul, although I am strong. My ex called it something like 'powerful softness'.
I'm also very feminine.
But.. then there's Venus Aries which comes up in relationships especially. I've seen men all confused, not understanding, not knowing what to do and how to behave. First there's me, the gentle, feminine, sensitive woman, then there's the more masculine energy go-getter Venus in Aries vamp.
When younger I never realized this could be a problem in love as to me it's normal. But clearly it can be a serious hindrance -or am I making too much of it?
I read that it requires a man who's very empowered in his masculinity, and his Venus/Mars placement. Unfortunately it seems there's not many around, hihi. My strong Leo ex had Venus Libra... The partner before Pisces Libra. Neither could deal with my Venus Aries.
Is there something I can do to soften this 'clash' between the normal me and the more sensual/sexual me? Could there be a lesson in there?
Old 03-06-2019, 11:11 PM
Guide
Wow! Wow! Wow! Thanks so much Gemini46! This was much more than I expected! Great info, and yes my son is a softer and knows how to butter me up. He’s been so good for my soul because he’s emotional and has forced me to feel AND think out situations. Thanks again!!!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 04-06-2019, 02:53 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Interesting!

I'm Capricorn sun, Gemini rising, Pisces moon, I forgot what my Venus is. There were very few 'traits' about Capricorn that I related to but for maybe loyalty...more related to the Pisces aspect of myself but trying to understand the Gemini part since when I read or watch anything they point out to check your rising sign.

What can you tell me about myself and also why/how are tarot cards tied in with astrology?

Hi Sarian

I have had a few people say that to me actually. They were all women too. I think there are a few reason as to why people sometimes relate more heavily to their Moon than their Sun. One reason is the fact that females tend to be more in tune with their Moon (as well Venus) than men do. The Moon represents our instincts and our unconscious desires and needs. The Moon is our emotions and our everyday moods. It is a feminine planetary and has been said to be just as important as the Sun for a women. Men express it too but it is more subconsciously. They will likely be drawn to a woman that reminds them of their own moon. Us as women are more intuitive as a whole so we can see it more consciously than men. Another reason the Moon maybe more active in a person's chart is because it has many things in aspect to it. For example maybe you have another planet in Pisces. Or maybe you have some planets in other water signs. Having a lot going on in one element will bring out the shared traits of that element. This could cause you to see yourself relating more closely to your Moon. Let's say you also have your Venus and Mercury in Pisces, your Mars in Cancer, and Pluto and Saturn in Scorpio. The abundance of water in your chart would balance all those planets out in the areas of life they affected. This would bring about a confidence in you that could cause you to be much more confident in your Pisces Moon than your Capricorn Sun.

Capricorn is ruled by Saturn and is the most paternal and authoritative of the signs. These individuals are hard-working, patient, natural born leaders, logical, reserved, and careful. On the downside they can be pessimistic, cynical, judgmental, depressed, and harsh. Although Capricorns appear to be thick skinned on the outside, on the inside they are quite fragile, causing them to withdrawn into themselves and put up a shell to protect their vulnerabilities. Is it possible that maybe the reason you relate much more to your Moon is because you have become detached from this aspect of your personality in order to protect yourself? Doing so may have caused you to reject parts of Capricorn that have caused pain in some way so you pull towards the Pisces aspect of yourself so can't be hurt.

Pisces is the 12th and last sign of the Zodiac. It is ruled by Neptune and to a lesser extent, Jupiter. Neptune is the planet of illusion and and our spiritual side. You are very imaginative and very emotional. You often withdrawn into your own world and while you may feel others can see you very clearly, you are quite a mystery. Most are not as intuitive as you are so while you possess the ability to pick up on other people's hidden side, they cannot see you. Emotional, the lines between your intuition and your own personal feelings can be easily crossed. It is important to decipher which is which. Did something put you in a mood causing you to judge based on the mood you are already in or is it indeed an intuitive response? Having a clear mind can make it easier to pick up on your innate ability to have and accurate, immediate feeling of people, things and situations. Don't ever ignore your 6th sense, it may come to you in all sorts of ways and other's ignorance to this part of the self may cause you to discredit yourself but it is indeed a gift so use it wisely. It is also important to find a outlet for your creativity or this important part of yourself that is being unused can cause you to become moody, anxious and withdrawn. People with an active Pisces, namely the Sun and Moon, are prone to addictions. Not having a creative outlet can cause you to dive into those addictions.

Both your Sun and Moon can cause you to be a bit of a contradiction. Logical and Emotional. Tough and Sensitive. Sensible and Irrational. This could be another reason you relate more heavily to you Moon. Since both of your minds tend to be on different pages so you tend to lean towards one more than the other. Both parts of you are as equally important though, even though you make decisions based on your gut feeling and are most comfortable with it that way, if ever in doubt, don't guess, use your God given logic. Believe me, not all of us are blessed with this. Don't fear or discredit it. Use it and use it wisely. You are very much affected by everything going around you and tend to absorb the energies both good and bad. Capricorn and Pisces are sextile one another which is a favorable aspect to have. The two energies flow rather easily between each other and have the ability to make things easier for you. Your Pisces will dream something up and your Capricorn can provide a practical, realistic way for you to express and/or create them.

The Ascendant I believe to be an unappreciated part of the Natal Chart. This is the first personality people see upon meeting you. This sign is what you display to the world and how you react to it. Have you ever had the feeling that someone was reading you wrong? Likely that they see your Gemini sign instead of your core self. It is not our true selves but who we wear on the outside and determine how and what we will attract into our lives initially. Gemini Rising approaches life analytically. You display curiosity when dealing with a new situation. You are a conversationalist, at least at first, in order to figure out what you are dealing with and how to deal with it. Since Capricorn is a more reserved sign and Gemini is quite social, this can make you appear more extroverted than you really are. Gemini ascendants are on the impatient side while Capricorns are the embodiment of patience (Side note: I JUST now realized that I have been spelling patience - patients, while on this site... -_-) It's important to know when and how to use one and not the other. Overall Gemini ascendants are inquisitive, quick, mobile, restless and clever.

As far as the Tarots relation to Astrology goes, I am not so learned in that department. My father was very knowledgeable in both and I know he had attempted to explain the relation between the two to me many times but to be honest, I kind of tuned him out for the most part since tarot isn't really my thing. I do know that the two related to one another and knowing astrology can help a lot in explaining Tarot. The only thing I remember him saying was that Gemini was the sign relating to the Lovers card. I kinda poked around a little bit to see if I could jog my memory and find out a little more about the relationship between the two. It's quite possible my father is using you as a channel to get me to start showing more interest in the tarot, he was also a Capricorn Sun & Pisces Moon. But who knows? Anyways here is what I found:

Elemental Fire – Judgement
Elemental Earth – World
Elemental Air – Fool
Elemental Water – Hanged Man

Mercury – Magician
Moon – High Priestess
Venus – Empress
Jupiter – Wheel of Fortune
Mars – Tower
Sun – Sun
Saturn – World

Aries – Emperor
Taurus – Hierophant
Gemini – Lovers
Cancer – Chariot
Leo – Strength
Virgo – Hermit
Libra – Justice
Scorpio – Death
Sagittarius – Temperance
Capricorn – Devil
Aquarius – Star
Pisces – Moon

Ace of Cups – “The Root of the Powers of Water”; Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces; The Water Signs of the Zodiac
Two of Cups – “The Lord of Love”; Venus in Cancer
Three of Cups – “The Lord of Joy”; Mercury in Cancer
Four of Cups – “The Lord of Blended Pleasure”; Moon in Cancer
Five of Cups – “The Lord of Pleasure Lost”; Mars in Scorpio
Six of Cups – “The Lord of Friendship”; Sun in Scorpio
Seven of Cups – “The Lord of Illusionary Success”; Venus in Scorpio
Eight of Cups – “The Lord of Abandoned Success”; Saturn in Pisces
Nine of Cups – “The Lord of Happiness”; Jupiter in Pisces
Ten of Cups – “The Lord of Perfected Success”; Mars in Pisces
Page of Cups – “The Prince of the Waters”; Earth of Water
Knight of Cups – “The Prince of the Chariot of the Waves”; Air of Water
Queen of Cups – “The Queen of the Throne of Waters”; Water of Water
King of Cups – “The Lord of the Waves and Waters”; Fire of Water

Pentacles

Ace of Pentacles – “The Root of the Powers of the Earth”; Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Two of Pentacles – “The Lord of Balance”; Jupiter in Capricorn
Three of Pentacles – “The Lord of Material Works”; Mars in Capricorn
Four of Pentacles – “The Lord of Material Power”; Sun in Capricorn
Five of Pentacles – “The Lord of Material Trouble”; Mercury in Taurus
Six of Pentacles – “The Lord of Material Success”; Moon in Taurus
Seven of Pentacles – “The Lord of Unfulfilled Success”; Saturn in Taurus
Eight of Pentacles – “The Lord of Material Prudence”; Sun in Virgo
Nine of Pentacles – “The Lord of Material Gain”; Venus in Virgo
Ten of Pentacles – “The Lord of Wealth”; Mercury in Virgo
Page of Pentacles – “The Rose of the Palace of Earth”; Earth of Earth
Knight of Pentacles – “The Prince of the Chariot of Earth”; Air of Earth
Queen of Pentacles – “The Queen of the Throne of Earth”; Water of Earth
King of Pentacles – “The King of the Spirits of Earth”; Fire of Earth

Swords

Ace of Swords – “The Root of the Powers of Air”; Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Two of Swords – “The Lord of Inner Balance”; Moon in Libra
Three of Swords – “The Lord of Sorrow”; Saturn in Libra
Four of Swords – “The Lord of Rest”; Jupiter in Libra
Five of Swords – “The Lord of Defeat”; Venus in Aquarius
Six of Swords – “The Lord of Earned Success”; Mercury in Aquarius
Seven of Swords – “The Lord of Shortened Force”; Moon in Aquarius
Eight of Swords – “The Lord of Bondage”; Jupiter in Gemini
Nine of Swords – “The Lord of Despair and Cruelty”; Mars in Gemini
Ten of Swords – “The Lord of Ruin”; Sun in Gemini
Page of Swords – “The Prince of the Rushing Winds”; Earth of Air
Knight of Swords – “Lord of the Winds and the Breezes”; Air of Air
Queen of Swords – “Queen of the Thrones of Air”; Water of Air
King of Swords – “King of the Spirits of Air”; Fire of Air

Wands

Ace of Wands – “The Root of the Powers of Fire”; Aries, Leo and Sagittarius; The Fire Signs of the Zodiac
Two of Wands – “The Lord of Dominion”; Mars in Aries
Three of Wands – “The Lord of Established Strength”; Sun in Aries
Four of Wands – “The Lord of Abundance”; Venus in Aries
Five of Wands – “The Lord of Strife”; Saturn in Leo
Six of Wands – “The Lord of Victory”; Jupiter in Leo
Seven of Wands – “The Lord of Courage”; Mars in Leo
Eight of Wands – “The Lord of Swiftness”; Mercury in Sagittarius
Nine of Wands – “The Lord of Strength”; Moon in Sagittarius
Ten of Wands – “The Lord of Oppression”; Saturn in Sagittarius
Page of Wands – “The Rose of the Palace of Fire”; Earth of Fire
Knight of Wands – “The Prince of the Chariot of Fire”; Air of Fire
Queen of Wands – “The Queen of the Thrones of Flame”; Water of Fire
King of Wands – “King of the Spirits of Fire”; Fire of Fire

The relationships that have been presented in this post can be of great value in Tarot interpretation within the context of reading on certain questions as, according to the Golden Dawn, they reflect the most fundamental underlying astrological energies related to the cards. The astrological associations with the Tarot cards are important in that they embody the expression of the energy and meaning of their astrological associations and express them in symbolic form.

Hopefully I answered some of your questions, I had fun answering them and learned some things about the tarot which sparked my interest some while researching the relationship between the 2. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2019, 03:00 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Wow! Wow! Wow! Thanks so much Gemini46! This was much more than I expected! Great info, and yes my son is a softer and knows how to butter me up. He’s been so good for my soul because he’s emotional and has forced me to feel AND think out situations. Thanks again!!!

I'm sooo glad you enjoyed it! I've had kind of a blah day, not bad, just blah & that made me smile Also I loved that you posted that at 11:11 Thank YOU for that!
Old 04-06-2019, 03:03 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
Amazing write ups and insight shared Gemini46! You have me curious as to what you would glean out of my Taurus heavy chart.
My Sun/Moon/Mercury/Venus/Mars are all Taurus, with a Cancer Rising.

I'm sorry, EndoftheRoad, I just realized I skipped over your question my bad. I am a little burned out for today but I promise yours will be the next one I get to
Old 05-06-2019, 07:56 PM
Master
I found this an interesting read so far. I haven't finished reading all of it yet. I noticed my sun, moon, and arising, are cardinal, fixed, and mutual signs. I wonder if they balance each other out or work against. Probably both. I also feel like my moon sign has the strongest influence on me. Sun in Cancer, Moon in Sagittarius, and Arising in Taurus. If you wish to provide your point of view of how these placements work together or against that would be interesting.