Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Lorelyen

You mention work reunion. May I ask if you met him at work?
Old 31-10-2019, 02:16 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
You mention work reunion. May I ask if you met him at work?
Yes, I did.
Old 31-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Lorelyen

Then you also mentioned that the parting was "sour" kind of.

If others in the workplace were aware when things broke apart (a near certainty if colleagues noticed your relationship) - and he stayed on as an employee, it could be down to that. Unless you are fully aware of how people reacted to him, what gossip was going on, you can't know if his behaviour was a reaction to that - or not wanting to reopen old history. We don't know how demonstrable your relationship was but this is too often a danger with workplace relationships.

I can believe it disconcerting and confusing for you. Perhaps he doesn't want to risk showing himself in a weak light. Unfortunately it wasn't the only solution. He might had been far more effusive toward you, drawing you in as a former acquaintance (at least).

Is it worth trying to contact him on the phone to say something like "I noticed you at the reunion the other day! How are you getting on?" It's the kind of approach that's useless in txts and emails - well, to me, anyway. Worse still making it public through social media. It needs a phone call.

But please, please be prepared for him not being your twin and he may have moved on. Not a nice thought but...forewarned is forearmed.

Best of luck.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:41 AM
Knower

You said you were reunited with your twin flame. So, did you have a relationship in the past? Were you friends? A couple? Did you feel the twin flame thing and tell him about it, and he was not a believer? It sounds like you had deeply invested feelings and ideas that you had nurtured and grown over three years, and he hadn't even thought about it. He may have even been surprised to see you, and wondering why you were staring at him so intently when you were just workmates who had not seen each other for three years.

This is the thing that bothers me about the whole twin flame idea. There is a 'reason' for everything, all except for the more mundane and recognized reasons. IE. You have sudden bond and telepathic connections to someone who doesn't even really know you. But don't listen to non believers who might tell you that you are hearing voices, they can't possibly understand our rare esoteric gift. And the twin to your flame wants nothing to do with you? Runner. Not just someone who doesn't want a relationship with you but someone who isn't enlightened or higher self enough to recognize the rare thing you are offering. Wait, obsess, and send telepathic messages, and they will evolve to your level and you will find unity.

Maybe it is all just obsession, bubble wrapped in pretty words and phrases designed to comfort. Maybe all of this is wrong.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkusername
I feel like that's easier said than done. You can have an interest in someone, and become to scared to approach them and or get to know them. I don't mean this in relation to twin flames, but just in general with anyone you may have an interest in.

I don't know when my story will finally change, that's in the hands of the universe. I know I can do things to help me, but ultimately.. it is up to the universe.
Sorry but that's complete nonsense. It changes as soon as you decide it changes.
You're now trying to put all power outside of yourself, like the extreme religious do, which is basically victim-mode and giving your power away. That alone will make you feel bad.

Also, when someone happens to lock eyes with you it doesn't mean anything. Often we fill in what the other is thinking and feeling, and often the other person isn't feeling or thinking this at all.
If they did they'd act upon it and behave like it.
And then you feel rejected. Because someone happened to lock eyes a few seconds and showed no interest. Why give someone so much power?
Old 01-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Sorry but that's complete nonsense. It changes as soon as you decide it changes.
You're now trying to put all power outside of yourself, like the extreme religious do, which is basically victim-mode and giving your power away. That alone will make you feel bad.

Also, when someone happens to lock eyes with you it doesn't mean anything. Often we fill in what the other is thinking and feeling, and often the other person isn't feeling or thinking this at all.
If they did they'd act upon it and behave like it.
And then you feel rejected. Because someone happened to lock eyes a few seconds and showed no interest. Why give someone so much power?

You sound bitter.

If you could read my sentence more carefully, I clearly stated I'm not trying to put it all to the "universe" but somethings are what the universe deals with, some things are out of control, nobody controls them but the universe or higher forces.

Did I ever say "because I locked eyes with him I know he's my twin?"
No I didn't. There's obviously things that I haven't listed that make me know he's my twin. You're just assuming things at this point. I mention the locking eyes to people know he did acknowledge me and we had eye contact, I never stated "oh my! I know he's my twin because we locked eyes"

It seems as if you don't know much about this twin flame concept, so why are you commenting on the thread? Yes - I asked for input, but if it's going to be anything like yours, I'd rather not have it.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMotherKnowsAll
You said you were reunited with your twin flame. So, did you have a relationship in the past? Were you friends? A couple? Did you feel the twin flame thing and tell him about it, and he was not a believer? It sounds like you had deeply invested feelings and ideas that you had nurtured and grown over three years, and he hadn't even thought about it. He may have even been surprised to see you, and wondering why you were staring at him so intently when you were just workmates who had not seen each other for three years.

This is the thing that bothers me about the whole twin flame idea. There is a 'reason' for everything, all except for the more mundane and recognized reasons. IE. You have sudden bond and telepathic connections to someone who doesn't even really know you. But don't listen to non believers who might tell you that you are hearing voices, they can't possibly understand our rare esoteric gift. And the twin to your flame wants nothing to do with you? Runner. Not just someone who doesn't want a relationship with you but someone who isn't enlightened or higher self enough to recognize the rare thing you are offering. Wait, obsess, and send telepathic messages, and they will evolve to your level and you will find unity.

Maybe it is all just obsession, bubble wrapped in pretty words and phrases designed to comfort. Maybe all of this is wrong.

Yes, we did have a relationship before but why is it necessary to get into details about it on this thread if that's not what I was discussing?

I totally agree and believe that people use this twin flame concept to obsess or justify chasing after someone who has no interest, or chasing someone who is toxic for them and justifying it as a "twin flame". But, that does not mean I don't knock down the whole concept. I believe twin flames come to a select few, usually in your last life (but I won't get into that).

It's getting annoying how I literally posted one post on this thread after I've been on hiatus for a while, and now everyone just seems bitter and assuming that everyone that posts something about twin flames is delusional. (Not that you're bitter, but just a little assuming)

This website/thread post wasn't like this before, and I'm not saying this because it's occuring on my post, I see it on others as well.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
You sound bitter.
I guess that's what you want to read/hear. I'm not bitter at all. I'm one of the very few TFs who has moved on after a TF relationship fell apart without latching on and the usual stuff you see.
And I'm not bitter about it at all. Nor about life for that matter.

Quote:
Did I ever say "because I locked eyes with him I know he's my twin?"
No I didn't.
Did I say you said that? No I didn't.

Quote:
It seems as if you don't know much about this twin flame concept, so why are you commenting on the thread? Yes - I asked for input, but if it's going to be anything like yours, I'd rather not have it.
Another assumption, showing you don't understand me. I don't want to come off as arrogant, but I think I'm one of the few who does get the TF concept to a T.
There's a few more that used to be active here, but aren't (so much) anymore.

In any case, wish you the best.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, we did have a relationship before but why is it necessary to get into details about it on this thread if that's not what I was discussing?
Quite logical: so that people have context and know where you're coming from. Unless you expect everyone here to remember your story out of the many it helps to get feedback or support or whatever someone is seeking here.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:

It's getting annoying how I literally posted one post on this thread after I've been on hiatus for a while, and now everyone just seems bitter and assuming that everyone that posts something about twin flames is delusional. (Not that you're bitter, but just a little assuming)

This website/thread post wasn't like this before, and I'm not saying this because it's occuring on my post, I see it on others as well.

Thanks for your help
I don't think it's entirely bitterness, certainly not from me although I made an assumption that you had had a relationship because, in your words, it failed in a sour kind of way. I think other respondents are trying to help you back on your feet in a practical way.

I don't question whether he was your TF or not but concerned myself with the practicalities of workplace "romances" (for want of a better word). They always come with risks. If they break up one or both participants usually gets stigmatised. I can't even guess whether that happened and if it did, which one of you was the target. But I suspect it has something to do with that - hence suggesting making contact outside and voice to voice. Should he then try to avoid you then you have your unfortunate answer.

I'll add that unlike FairyCrystal, I'm sceptical about TF....simply because while I've felt overwhelmingly in love and with one or two who seemed to be very enmeshed with me, I've never succumbed to the phenomenon. She has. It all comes down to beliefs in the end.

My suggestion only was be prepared....