Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-12-2017, 11:55 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto
Can you please telle me what you mean by reconcile?

What I mean by. reconcile is science and spirituality are more times than not (at least in my experience) seen to be at odds with each other. My question is how do you make sense of this
Old 16-12-2017, 11:58 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
Perhaps reconciliation is to make the attempt in finding an answer using both science and spirituality.

As an example: What is the force of gravity?

Science
Gravity is the force by which a planet or other body draws objects toward its center. The force of gravity keeps all of the planets in orbit around the sun.

Spirituality
As water is heavier than air their molecules flow in opposition to one another, creating reactions we call human emotion.

Reconciliation ... ?

I also like this definition of my question, which is also what I meant
Old 16-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
I also like this definition of my question, which is also what I meant

Yes, so can you answer the question!
Old 16-12-2017, 03:57 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Yes, so can you answer the question!

well maybe you could explain what you mean by your example first before I answer? I'm a bit confused as to what you mean
Old 16-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I reconcile science and spirituality through sacred geometry.

For example, did you know that the ratio of the Great Pyramid of Giza's base to height, is also the length of the King's Chamber in feet? The time it takes in years for one great Precession of the Equinox to occur? the distance in kilometers from the earth to the sun? the distance in light years from the earth to galactic central point? ten times the solar year of Saturn?

The Golden Ratio (phi) is awesome! The Fibonacci sequence is amazing...governing all matter from nautilus shells to insect wings, to the arrangement of cells in a bee-hive and the seeds in the head of a sunflower etc.

Some cosmic intelligence must be at work to do all that...it isn't just random.

Also quantum physics comes really close to spirituality for me. Science is just finding out what was known 5,000 years ago in sacred scriptures like the Vedas:

Quantum Mechanics and Consciousness:

To watch sub-atomic particles play around through the dimensions....to see a Mandelbrot Set get zoomed in until the very essence of it is the Mandelbrot Set itself...warms my spiritual heart, it does.

I echo Shivani regarding Sacred Geometry and Quantum studies. In fact, I'm generally a very analytical / logical person by nature, and I came into spirituality (or back into it) after reviewing both of these topics in recent years. I love science (in it's true "question everything" form), but not so fond of those who scream "BECAUSE SCIENCE!" and expect the conversation to be over. No, my friend, the conversation has just begun!
Old 16-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Perhaps reconciliation is to make the attempt in finding an answer using both science and spirituality.
Kine Lea is so close.

Quote:
As an example: What is the force of gravity?

Science
Gravity is the force by which a planet or other body draws objects toward its center. The force of gravity keeps all of the planets in orbit around the sun.

Spirituality
As water is heavier than air their molecules flow in opposition to one another, creating reactions we call human emotion.
Your example is wonderful. So far, so good. Let me take it that last half step.

...Emotion is one of the forces by which people or groups revolve around each other and change. Gravity provides a stable platform for this, being the attraction of manifestations (mass) to manifestation (mass).

Quote:
Reconciliation ... ?

And finally... "Gravity" in either context is a relationship between one entity and another. The difference between science and spirituality is the context of that relationship. This is because science and spirituality are 'Realities' only in terms of perspective - that which is cognitively apprehended in terms of each specific relationship. The 'reality' springs from the minds construction of that context and cognition. Both the scientific and spiritual 'realities' are really only constructions of the mind, each 'constructed' from it's specific cognitive perspective.
Old 16-12-2017, 05:31 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Kine Lea is so close.

Your example is wonderful. So far, so good. Let me take it that last half step.

...Emotion is one of the forces by which people or groups revolve around each other and change. Gravity provides a stable platform for this, being the attraction of manifestations (mass) to manifestation (mass).

And finally... "Gravity" in either context is a relationship between one entity and another. The difference between science and spirituality is the context of that relationship. This is because science and spirituality are 'Realities' only in terms of perspective - that which is cognitively apprehended in terms of each specific relationship. The 'reality' springs from the minds construction of that context and cognition. Both the scientific and spiritual 'realities' are really only constructions of the mind, each 'constructed' from it's specific cognitive perspective.

hm, thanks for the clarification! this is all so interesting. I really appreciate everyone's input.
Old 17-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
To restate the question: how do you reconcile science and spirituality? How do you make sense of the fact that both can exist, if they do for you?
Quote:
What I mean by. reconcile is science and spirituality are more times than not (at least in my experience) seen to be at odds with each other. My question is how do you make sense of this
Both 'exist' and both are methods to explore the nature of reality. Due to limitations in the scientific method, science tends to deal with local physical reality. In my experience they are seldom at odds.

Since neither has provided a 'complete' rendition of reality, there are rare times they seem to be at odds. This resolves itself by more exploration and further understanding.

Neither has addressed 'how' anything 'can exist'.

Perhaps you mean science institutions and religious institutions are at odds??
Old 17-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Ascender
Quote:
well maybe you could explain what you mean by your example first before I answer? I'm a bit confused as to what you mean

The meaning was simply an attempt to reconcile science and spirituality. Gravity was just the first thing that came to mind when thinking about air in water.

As air and water are two of the elements of life then perhaps further investigation can be made adding the other two, fire and earth.

And as it's Sunday I like the idea of the Easter Ascension, when our Lord Jesus Christ returned from death and rose from the Earth into Heaven. The idea that the stone was rolled away from the mouth of the tomb like the moon and the sun at total eclipse has a wonderful symbolic resonance.
Old 18-12-2017, 01:22 AM
Pathfinder

I'm more inclined to see things as only science, especially as regards to the body. It's as if anything that people do not understand they call it "spirituality" as though that's an explanation. Granted people have different names for things like "soul" "consciousness" the "body" itself, celestial or physical, but once the conversion is done into energy either "potential or kinetic" as Einstein started to do then things fall into place. Existence is a form of science even if only the result of "joining the dots" or backward engineering. Consequently for me there has to be a creator as the way existence and the body work together is so complex that I do not believe that it could be due to random process.