Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 22-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Knower

Why is no energy healing ever solving my practical problems? Will The Reconection do?

I know I might sound impatient, but after spending more than 2000€ in different kind of healings from 2014, all from certified, recommended healers with good reviews (including 3-4 Reiki, 6-7 Kam Yuen method, 2-3 holistic, 4 reconnective and some others and also taking Reiki I), hearing the same words time and again ("healing will work where it needs to work") and spending 1000€ on mediumships, I'm tired and my skepticism hasn't gone away, to be honest. And I find spending money just to get chills all over body or feeling warmth is utterly pointless, unless you're super rich. I've specific problems that're making me unhappy, and I'd only expect healings to help me with that, which they clearly aren't.

My two main life issues that bothers me every day are finding a stable, possibly permanent position, and finding a stable, loving relationship. I've been trying the first since 2014, and the second for many years now. I'm smart enough (I've a PhD and postdoctoral training), I put enough effort for job search, I prepare myself emotionally and physically for meeting and keeping women (and I'm nice, kind and unselfish, no bragging here, but I know and have been told so). But all my efforts are getting dead under the water. Here's where I thought the healings could help. But despite many healings (even some specifically designed to solve the above problems), I don't see an iota of improvement. Now, if someone says it could take years, I'd not call it wise at all: practically speaking, what if it takes 5 more years to get a permanent job as a result of the healing, and 5 more years to find a woman who loves me back the same way I do?

You can ask me to accept everything, but imagine yourself in the situation before that, and tell me if you can accept it yourself. Would you accept it if someone punches you in the face? Would you do nothing about it? Just a metaphor.

You can say they're all my life lessons. Yes, indeed I had several bad experiences before which turned out to be eventually better for me. I know what you mean. But no, these continuing unhappiness and resultless healings are no life lessons, unless the Universe is telling me 'No more healings'. Is it?

You can say stop looking for love, and it'll come to you. I object. Will the love of my life knock on my door when I'm watching a movie? I don't think so!

I'm going to have The Reconnection in couple of days, spending another 333€. Obviously I'd want it to solve the problems for me. I've no idea what they really mean by acceleration of life path, but as long as healings or it doesn't solve the problems that're making me unhappy, they're completely waste of my hard-earned money.

Why is no healing ever solving my very practical problems that drives me crazy, lie in bed and cry?

I request your input, possibly describing your own experience with healing solving your practical, objective problems. Yes, I mean money, love, job, friends. They matter to me, a lot! And please write in layman's terms, not in a philosophical manner , which I don't understand at all. Also, I don't want to hear things like 'I feel oneness with my pet dog', or that 'I see feathers in my garden implying the presence of angels'. They won't mean anything to me unless and until my practical problems are gone. Sorry, but I can't meditate when I'm starved for 30 hours, I need the food first (again, a metaphor).
Old 22-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Guide

I am sure others will have vastly different takes on this, but here are my thoughts.

I honestly do not see what healers and energy workers can do to help you manifest the life you so desperately want. Healers (I've done work with healing) can ease physical discomfort, replenish a person's energy level, see areas of injury/illness and help the physical self quite a bit. They can also help with emotional issues, mostly by listening, caring, and sending energy through the client's body. The energy can help alleviate stress and anxiety. They can assist in raising a person's vibrational level, if that's appropriate.

But your issues don't seem related to any of that. You want down to earth things: love and a good job. How can healers/energy workers give you those?

Mediums are often very good at what they do (yes, I work with mediumship too). They can pick up so much about a person, their life, their past, their problems... and their potential future. I say potential future because the future isn't cast in stone. The actions or decisions of each person interacts with the actions and decisions of everyone around them. If person "X" decides to be an idiot and drive while drunk and smashes into you, that was based on "X"s decisions. Your car may be badly damaged, which will change a lot of your short-term actions. If you had planned a trip or a date it will likely be canceled while the car is being tended to. On occassion a medium will seem completely off base with a reading of the future because someone or something changed the stream of events. They weren't wrong, exactly. The future changed.

In my opinion, your money would be better spent finding a counselor to work with you. Why a counselor? Because you are frustrated, angry, and desperate, and feel totally trapped. A counselor can do wonders at helping you deal with those issues. Dealing with those, defusing them, can make life so much more bearable. A counselor will listen without judging you, offer insight, make suggestions to change the situation. They might well be able to give direction and advice to address your very real major issues.

Bottom line: Healing isn't solving your problems because you aren't ill or injured or seeking Enlightenment.

But that's only my humble opinion. I wish you the very best of luck in finding the job, partner, life you want.
Old 22-04-2017, 03:28 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
I am sure others will have vastly different takes on this, but here are my thoughts.

I honestly do not see what healers and energy workers can do to help you manifest the life you so desperately want. Healers (I've done work with healing) can ease physical discomfort, replenish a person's energy level, see areas of injury/illness and help the physical self quite a bit. They can also help with emotional issues, mostly by listening, caring, and sending energy through the client's body. The energy can help alleviate stress and anxiety. They can assist in raising a person's vibrational level, if that's appropriate.

But your issues don't seem related to any of that. You want down to earth things: love and a good job. How can healers/energy workers give you those?

Mediums are often very good at what they do (yes, I work with mediumship too). They can pick up so much about a person, their life, their past, their problems... and their potential future. I say potential future because the future isn't cast in stone. The actions or decisions of each person interacts with the actions and decisions of everyone around them. If person "X" decides to be an idiot and drive while drunk and smashes into you, that was based on "X"s decisions. Your car may be badly damaged, which will change a lot of your short-term actions. If you had planned a trip or a date it will likely be canceled while the car is being tended to. On occassion a medium will seem completely off base with a reading of the future because someone or something changed the stream of events. They weren't wrong, exactly. The future changed.

In my opinion, your money would be better spent finding a counselor to work with you. Why a counselor? Because you are frustrated, angry, and desperate, and feel totally trapped. A counselor can do wonders at helping you deal with those issues. Dealing with those, defusing them, can make life so much more bearable. A counselor will listen without judging you, offer insight, make suggestions to change the situation. They might well be able to give direction and advice to address your very real major issues.

Bottom line: Healing isn't solving your problems because you aren't ill or injured or seeking Enlightenment.

But that's only my humble opinion. I wish you the very best of luck in finding the job, partner, life you want.

You may be right. But then again, the healers claim that the energy goes where it's needed to go. Now, right before my eyes, there're clearly places I can see which deserves the energy, but then why, despite all the healings, I don't see any improvement?

If they'd have truly raised my vibration (whatever they mean), why am I still angry and trapped and living a life I don't deserve? Shouldn't it be so that my life is fulfilling and joyous, and living it wouldn't feel like a hard journey? And just as a side effect of that, the problems with job and love would've been automatically solved? I know for sure that increasing vibration makes a person happier by raising their energy level.

Also what's up with that saying that "I'm sending you energy to your heart chakra"? I had lot of people having done that to me, then why is my heart not doing well? Having problems with job and love are just part of the equation. If they'd have truly healed my chakras, why'd I be still heartbroken, and disapppointed, for any reason whatsoever? I know the source of my unhappiness, hence heartbreak and stress is equivalent to certain material things in life.
Old 22-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Experiencer

I can see how frustrated you are. It sounds like you're fed up with turning to others for healing and not being healed miraculously, and getting upset with the healers themselves. I hear desperation and wanting all of these things to "fix" you and bring you inner peace, and you're saying they're not. Yet, you're signed up and paying for yet another healing.
Inner peace and true healing is a process that has to begin with a shift inside of YOU. You can keep reaching out in desperation for a miracle cure but unless you focus within through your own connection - which is always there and has never left - you'll keep repeating this endless cycle of healings, momentary relief with a tag of hopelessness and desperation which in turn leads to more of the same.
What is that saying about making the same decisions and expecting different results? It reminds me of that.
YOU have the capacity to clear your own vision and move forward. But first, imo, you need to become unstuck from this unhelpful pattern.
Best of luck on your journey!

"The Soul Does not Love; It Is Love Itself.
It Does not Exist; It Is Existence Itself.
It Does not Know; It Is Knowledge Itself."

- PATANJALI
Old 27-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by susovan
You may be right. But then again, the healers claim that the energy goes where it's needed to go. Now, right before my eyes, there're clearly places I can see which deserves the energy, but then why, despite all the healings, I don't see any improvement?

If they'd have truly raised my vibration (whatever they mean), why am I still angry and trapped and living a life I don't deserve? Shouldn't it be so that my life is fulfilling and joyous, and living it wouldn't feel like a hard journey? And just as a side effect of that, the problems with job and love would've been automatically solved? I know for sure that increasing vibration makes a person happier by raising their energy level.

Also what's up with that saying that "I'm sending you energy to your heart chakra"? I had lot of people having done that to me, then why is my heart not doing well? Having problems with job and love are just part of the equation. If they'd have truly healed my chakras, why'd I be still heartbroken, and disapppointed, for any reason whatsoever? I know the source of my unhappiness, hence heartbreak and stress is equivalent to certain material things in life.

In the end I found... that I was doing a *lot* of things I really really really didn't want to be doing. They didn't suit me at all. But to discover that, someone had to pull the rewards for that behavior out from under my feet so to speak. I woulda just kept going with it if I coulda got the rewards I know I 'deserved' and was supposed to get... but the retraction of the rewards forced me to reevaluate whether i really liked the contract I was signing to get them.

It is still not a fun position to be in however.
Old 28-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
In the end I found... that I was doing a *lot* of things I really really really didn't want to be doing. They didn't suit me at all. But to discover that, someone had to pull the rewards for that behavior out from under my feet so to speak. I woulda just kept going with it if I coulda got the rewards I know I 'deserved' and was supposed to get... but the retraction of the rewards forced me to reevaluate whether i really liked the contract I was signing to get them.

It is still not a fun position to be in however.

Sorry but could you elaborate a little more please? What exactly where the things that you did a lot but you didn't really want to be doing? Did you do lot of healings just like me, only to find they were useless?

Could you also elaborate on the part of the rewards and the retraction of rewards? Thanks a lot!!!
Old 28-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Sorry but could you elaborate a little more please? What exactly where the things that you did a lot but you didn't really want to be doing? Did you do lot of healings just like me, only to find they were useless?

Could you also elaborate on the part of the rewards and the retraction of rewards? Thanks a lot!!!

I was thinking along the lines of how i lived my life, not how I was trying to cure things.

well for example i used to try to chase girls around with the hope of attracting them but since all they did was hurt me in return I eventually decided I didn't like the way I was treated and started backing off. But then sometime later I was like why was I even doing that in the first place? Chasing girls wouldn't be fun even if I was getting them. I would much rather they chased me. Not that it is going to happen but the realization that I was different than I thought couldn't have come if I kept getting rewarded for what I was doing.

At work I would always go the extra mile even though it hurt but it seemed like noone really cared, so, eventually I decided to step back and not work so hard at what noone else seems to care about. It was hard to step back from it though because I thought I would be punished. It isn't like I'm gaming the system now that I've had that realization, I still work hard... jsut I take time for me too now, and am a little more realistic about what I'm going to get done during any given time frame, and don't work so hard at impressing others since they seem unimpressed anyway lol!

Sometimes people have praised me a bit too much for what I do outside of work too and like the work thing it just incites me to go on, to push harder and be more even though usually I would rather rest when I don't *have * to work. When they started retracting the praise I was a bit mad for not having it but eventually it was like, well I was going to a lot of work to attract praise. But if I'm not getting the praise I don't have to go to the effort I was going to to try to attract it now, do I?

It is like that, often I am so interested in the goal, what I am going to get, that I totally disregard the process of getting there and run myself into the ground. Even though if I ever stopped to honestly look at what I am doing I would hate myself.

But take away the possibility of achieving the goal and suddenly I start reconsidering what I thought I had to do to try to acheive it. I get some freedom to decide if this way of life suits me.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't any fun not being able to reach goals and win the game, however, from where I stand now the way I was going about it just seemed to make me blind to the reality of my life. There was a lot of stuff I wanted but I was miserable while trying to get it.

Does that sorta make sense?
Old 28-04-2017, 11:52 PM
Eelco

After spending all the money you did may I ask why you would choose to spend another 333 somethings on reconnective healing?

Clearly in your case the energy is not going where you want it to go. Going where it needs to? You seem to understand the ludicracy of that statement yes?
I will tell you that energy always flows where it needs to go for free.
As a so called Reiki master and Shiatsu Therapist I'd suggest you let the energy take care of itself for a while.

No need to make it your solidified energy (money) flow into the bank accounts of any more "healers"

Go out and meet people if you want to find a lover.
Look in the job adverts to find a job if you want a job.
Do energy work if your energy needs work.
get a healing if you need healing.

Don't get an energy healing if you seek a job. It surely won't be on the therapists table.
Don't pay for a reconnection within if you want a friend/lover outside..

Energy work and healings have their place. Just not within those "real" lifes problems..

With Love
Eelco
Old 29-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Knower

Hello, the following is my response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
After spending all the money you did may I ask why you would choose to spend another 333 somethings on reconnective healing?

This was my last. I did my last healing today for a very long time. I won't do anymore for a very long time, if at all.

I did the Reconnection (different from reconnective healing) because it's supposed to be very strong (I honestly don't know what that means!!).

Clearly in your case the energy is not going where you want it to go. Going where it needs to? You seem to understand the ludicracy of that statement yes?

The statement is ludicrous, and I'm sure most healers don't even understand it themselves! I've no clue what this statement means.

I will tell you that energy always flows where it needs to go for free.
As a so called Reiki master and Shiatsu Therapist I'd suggest you let the energy take care of itself for a while.

Thank you! This is one of the most honest statement I've ever heard for a healer. Healing has turned into a business. I can get a Reiki master certificate here in France spending 300€ and in 2 months from now. I've already Reiki I. Will I call myself a healer? NEVER! "Everyone is a healer" is a completely unwise argument:it's like saying "everyone can play football/soccer". Sure I can kick a ball, could I play it like Messi or Maradona? NEVER!!! Same isd also true for healers. There're too many healers these days!

No need to make it your solidified energy (money) flow into the bank accounts of any more "healers"

I'm done with this, absolutely!!!

Go out and meet people if you want to find a lover.
Look in the job adverts to find a job if you want a job.
Do energy work if your energy needs work.
get a healing if you need healing.

I actually do go out and find lovers, I'm pretty good at talking to women also (I wasn't, but taught myself). But, still my love-life has been very unsatisfactory. Not that I'm not grateful for the women I dated, but I'm happy with the level of satisfaction. 2 weeks ago, a woman broke up with me when indeed I was nice enough too her (not creepy nice, but good nice, and I also fell for a her a bit, she didn't.).

Don't get an energy healing if you seek a job. It surely won't be on the therapists table.
Don't pay for a reconnection within if you want a friend/lover outside..

I must keep your words in mind, Eelco!!! Thanks a lot to you indeed!!!

Energy work and healings have their place. Just not within those "real" lifes problems..

Where do they have their place, then? And if not, why did my healer say "Let's try to correct your energy so that you can have a relationship for at least 6 months". She didn't promise 6 years, or even a year, but then why did she say that? I'm confused. Was she dishonest, or did she not know what she was doing? It's JUST one example of many!

With Love
Eelco
Old 29-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Where do they have their place, then?
In my perspective it has a place where someone needs validation to heal.
What I mean by that is that someone who seeks out an energetic healer needs that "healing" to focus his or her intent on what it is he/she needs to heal.

Does that make sense?
It is for example why paying a lot of money for a course seems to work sometimes.
Because if You pay for it and it's supposed to be strong then it's often easier to start believing that it works therefore trusting the universe to deliver.

In the end it's a ritual in which you set your intentions and change your set of believes to start working on the change you want to happen. Personally if think though that this understanding has been lost and that healers and clients alike would like to give the responsibility of change to the energy work of choice instead of working on establishing the change needed for the healing to occur.

With Love
Eelco