Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 05-06-2017, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
hehehe... problem being we always try anyway and that always leads to leading people astray

On that point, you are absolutely correct.

However, a thread without words here might be difficult to sustain.

Nonetheless, one does find one's self getting quieter and quieter at some point as the words virtually always tend towards "leading people astray", as you duly indicated.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
On that point, you are absolutely correct.

However, a thread without words here might be difficult to sustain.
yeah, for some reason we like to talk to each other
Quote:
Nonetheless, one does find one's self getting quieter and quieter at some point as the words virtually always tend towards "leading people astray", as you duly indicated.

hehehe!
Old 26-06-2017, 03:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
As I pointed out in my previous post, that which is ultimate does not even say "I AM". The "I AM" is simply one gate-less gateway to that which lies beyond even that.

I'm not sure, but we may be saying the same thing in different words.

Yes the "I AM" is a gateway. But it is only one of many gateways. If you pass through the gateway of "I AM" you end up somewhere which is different to when you pass through other gateways.

Other possible gateways could be - the Divine Feminine acting as "the way and the life". Passing through Christ's door. Conscientiousness as the path. And so on.

What I complain about is that people state that "I AM" is the *only* gateway to God; whereas in fact there are many.

The East states that the "I" is consciousness. I state that I prefer to be conscious *of* "I". I personally think that God can be conscious of "I AM" just as much as we can be conscious of an object or another person. "I AM" is a state of awareness or consciousness - but God is conscious *OF* that state....as well as all the other states of being.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 26-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Yes the "I AM" is a gateway. But it is only one of many gateways. If you pass through the gateway of "I AM" you end up somewhere which is different to when you pass through other gateways.

Other possible gateways could be - the Divine Feminine acting as "the way and the life". Passing through Christ's door. Conscientiousness as the path. And so on.

What I complain about is that people state that "I AM" is the *only* gateway to God; whereas in fact there are many.

The East states that the "I" is consciousness. I state that I prefer to be conscious *of* "I". I personally think that God can be conscious of "I AM" just as much as we can be conscious of an object or another person. "I AM" is a state of awareness or consciousness - but God is conscious *OF* that state....as well as all the other states of being.

Honza hello there. That's very true. There are many gateways from your furthest point of origin...and all along the path.

Ultimately I believe since they all come to the same path, many view all gates as ultimately One, or as ultimately the same gateway, like a singularity cutting across all dimensions, no matter which of an infinite number of dimensions we came from.

But I also see your point as equally valid. There are still an infinite number of gateways, even to the same singularity or point. Thus, whilst all are ultimately the same, each is manifestly different or unique until and unless we are (each or all) at One.

Personally, I have always felt that honouring differences is overlooked far more often than honouring the sameness, which often amounts to a "whitewashing" of individual experience...and thus that is often where I bring my attention, for myself.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 20-08-2017, 01:25 AM
Seeker

God told us himself his name was Jehovah...Although i think its possible that when Jehovah at the tower of Babel divided up the Jews into 12 groups and gave them all different languages there may be 11 other names for the one named Jehovah... neemish
Old 20-08-2017, 03:32 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by neemish
God told us himself his name was Jehovah...Although i think its possible that when Jehovah at the tower of Babel divided up the Jews into 12 groups and gave them all different languages there may be 11 other names for the one named Jehovah... neemish

For the umpteenth time, there is deity in the Hebrew Bible with the name of Jehovah.
Old 27-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
For the umpteenth time, there is deity in the Hebrew Bible with the name of Jehovah.

That sounds like a Freudian slip RabbiO......

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-09-2017, 03:02 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
That sounds like a Freudian slip RabbiO......

Actually it's what happens when the rabbi types on his ipad and doesn't double check to make sure all the words appeared.

I haven't fit into my Freudian slip in years, but I remain Jung at heart.
Old 28-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Lightbulb

So what is it that we are not to take in vain? Jehovah? Yahweh? YWHW? I Am?
And what is to be hallowed?

Oh, sorry, did I just start a new topic?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-09-2018, 03:46 AM
Master
If you look at Exodus 3:14 where it speaks of "I am that I am" in Hebrew, the God mentioned is transliterated as Elohim. Incidentally, the God mentioned in the first creation account (Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:3) in Hebrew is also transliterated as Elohim.

If you look at the next verse, Genesis 2:4 The Hebrew word that gets transliterated as Yahweh is first introduced.