Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 27-01-2017, 04:25 AM
Guide
Staying Fit When Your Body Fights It?

I have a couple autoimmune issues that cause me discomfort most days, pain others...and vigorous exercising always, ALWAYS brings on a doctor's visit! So, besides walking, which is getting boring, are there low-key, easy exercises that you do to keep your body moving?

I can't do vigorous exercises anymore (I miss pushing my body!!), extreme cardio, or running. What would you recommend? Haven't found any good YouTube vidoes for yoga so if you anyone can recommend a starting point, I'd appreciate that as well :) Thanks in advance, I'm getting flabs and lazy and it has to change :p
Old 10-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
I have a couple autoimmune issues that cause me discomfort most days, pain others...and vigorous exercising always, ALWAYS brings on a doctor's visit! So, besides walking, which is getting boring, are there low-key, easy exercises that you do to keep your body moving?

I can't do vigorous exercises anymore (I miss pushing my body!!), extreme cardio, or running. What would you recommend? Haven't found any good YouTube vidoes for yoga so if you anyone can recommend a starting point, I'd appreciate that as well :) Thanks in advance, I'm getting flabs and lazy and it has to change :p
Hey taurmel,

I really feel for you, to want to do more and your body fighting ya , I get that too...

I found a few years ago a website called fitness blender.
It's free and it has literally hundreds of workouts ...all different types and all different levels...
It's a lovely couple who do them, the guy Daniel does more of the energetic intense stuff and Kelly does more subtle ..usually...
I love love love that site,
I choose the workouts I can do, put it in favorites and also you can put it on a calendar to monitor what you do.
It has all sorts, yoga based , Pilates based and classic stuff ...
TBH , I gear more towards Pilates style,
My knees can't handle too much to I do a lot of the floor workouts...
And beleive me I got a waist from the hourglass workout ,
They are are not too long , and you can follow at your ability....
I got into great shape when I did them, plus I walked a lot...again cuase of knees I can't run(I used to love to run but now I can't ...)
But power walking is really good and low impact..

There is also a guy called Sean vigue fitness on YouTube ....tons and tons of videos he does, and he is so funny to watch m love the positive energy from both sites...
He also does a lot of yoga, power yoga Pilates , and all sorts...
Again also for free!

I used to try the ones I thought I would like and I'd keep the ones that worked for me and I never spent a dime.

I really hope they work for you! good luck ����
Old 12-02-2017, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel

Walking? Boring?
It may feel boring mentally perhaps for your own reasons, but it is the best and most natural exercise you can do. We are built to walk! Our ancestors walked miles each day. It could not be better for you.
It benefits your whole system: Heart, lungs, digestion, lymphatic system, muscles, bones, ligaments, oxygenation of the blood, therefore better oxygen supply to everything including the brain.....
What might possibly be boring about it is...
Walking the same route every day.
Doing it because it's a 'fitness regime' rather than a natural function.
Not walking in pleasant surroundings.
Wishing to be distracted by other things. Many of those things 'indoor pursuits'?

You don't need to hit the gym or push your body at any incredible pace, or 'pump iron' or do anything unnatural or strenuous in order to keep fit.
Old 13-02-2017, 02:06 AM
Master
For someone with the kind of issues you have swimming would be a very good form of low impact exercise.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 13-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Experiencer

Here's something else you could try. I do this in between yoga and I'm very excited by its benefits.

This lady trained as a classical ballet dancer so she knows about body tensions and fitness and when she retired, she started doing this. It's called Eccentrics and the link is here: http://www.essentrics.com/mirandaeducationalvideo.html
Old 13-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Master
I'm not sure if money is an issue but even as a short term investment it might be worth the benefits long term to use a trainer even just long enough to have a program tailored to your exact needs. I have a genius trainer and after seeing how specialized they can be id recommend it to anyone.

I had to look around for this one(oddly he has a lot of spiritual clients it seems) and he's especially tuned in to his charges, and works with all types some rehab, some very fit and other just to work on specific needs. Some in their 70s and 80s to regain mobility.

There are some very talented people out there. I don't have autoimmune but have a tendency to get injured because my adrenaline/pain tolerance is a bit extreme I can tune out almost anything till the adrenaline wears off. so I often don't notice I've gone to far till I'm significantly injured, then need treatment and recovery time. Really annoying.

He has exercises tailored to what I need to work on, keeps me accurate, and let's me go pretty far but manages to read subtle signs and stops me before I hit that injured point. Your needs are kind of similar I bet there is someone near you who could develop a program to suit you.
Old 14-04-2017, 12:00 AM
Administrator
Hello

I went to work in a busy produce department with the Dr going I am not sure on this. I hurt like all the h's in the world for the first few weeks. Then bam pain gone ! Then I hurt the rotator cuff on my shoulder and that I thought was the end of working.

So I thought ....... now the body hurts again so dam much. So again I am going back to work to push the body again. This time a garden centre will do the workout work for me. See how this goes.

I can not let the body sit in pain......I have to push past this Fibro stuff that is being dished onto me.

Lynn
Old 14-04-2017, 12:08 AM
Experiencer

Hope you feel better soon Lynn, must be such a drag for you.
Old 14-04-2017, 03:58 AM
Ascender

I suppose that there's always basic exercises like push ups, sit ups and squats. But in all honesty walking and swimming are probably the two best that I can think of.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Indoor dancing is the best way to sweat and get tone body. It covers almost all exercises and body movements. I also relaxes our mind with music.