Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 01-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialRain
Whatever you focus on is what will happen. So, in turn, it depends on your belief. To me, it seems like these compulsive thoughts are only hurting you because your subconscious allows them to because they have for so long, however, things like this can easily be defeated with some effort. It did for me! Why not you? I used to be afraid of my OWN compulsive thoughts, but I let go of that fear and that's what I think the secret is--let go. You may FEAR that you will think "____ bad will happen!", but just think it, accept that a part of your subconscious mind will naturally think like that, and like magic, it will naturally disappear from your mind through some time. The key is to take a risk and let go of the fear, ESPECIALLY if it's preventing you from thinking in the first place. From there, you can accept that you think this way and then be determined to NOT let anything bad happen. Accept it if they do, though. Even if you're not determined, fake it at least and tell yourself you're determined not to make this happen; to beat this "failure-filled" part of your mind. Does that make sense? Don't be afraid to message if you need it :) Sorry if I didn't help. Good luck on your journey to a better life!

Hmm,but while I think it is unlikely that it will happen,if the "consequence" is supposed to be very bad(and especially if we can't know if that will happen<supernatural stuffs ),and the thing I am supposed to be "forbidden" to do is rather mild,my conscience is trying to stop me from doing it,I mean I think if maybe it doing it once won't hurt but what if I do it again and again?Will it increase the chances?I know one way I can be 99.99999% sure I won't affect anyone,but ..................that is by not doing it !(which sux) haha.

Btw,thnks for your response.Cheers
Old 06-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialRain
Whatever you focus on is what will happen.

Well,I am focused whether an action is "cursed" or not via LoA because of combination of intrusive thought and worry.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirandall
Well,I am focused whether an action is "cursed" or not via LoA because of combination of intrusive thought and worry.
If I understand your question, yes it undoubtedly can be.

Also, since worries tend to be in one's head most of the time, they have a far stronger manifesting effect when you're seeking long-term results.

As to why the planet hasn't blown up yet in spite of hundreds of millions of people worrying about it, I suspect that there are good forces who manifest the Earth's longevity.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
If I understand your question, yes it undoubtedly can be.

Also, since worries tend to be in one's head most of the time, they have a far stronger manifesting effect when you're seeking long-term results.

As to why the planet hasn't blown up yet in spite of hundreds of millions of people worrying about it, I suspect that there are good forces who manifest the Earth's longevity.
But I virtually did not use any affirmations,visualizations(some accident ones might be there) plus I am not saying in my head this will come true instead I am thinking based on what grounds this could/could not be true.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Aquarian

Your friend has 'free will' so you cannot impose your will without their subconscious acceptance. What I wrote above is mostly relevant to affecting oneself.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Hirandall

Quote:
Your friend has 'free will' so you cannot impose your will without their subconscious acceptance. What I wrote above is mostly relevant to affecting oneself.
Ok,but what if I ban myself from doing "something"(yeah OCD'd I am pretty sure) ,not remembering why exactly I do that (maybe because that something is X?,X=a group of something similar but with no 100% clear definition),then can I do Y which can be classified as X?I mean does one reason to stop doing something being used as a reason to stop doing another thing that have a similar aspect?

P/S:X is one of the aspects of one of the things that get affected by my OCD.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirandall
Ok,but what if I ban myself from doing "something"(yeah OCD'd I am pretty sure) ,not remembering why exactly I do that (maybe because that something is X?,X=a group of something similar but with no 100% clear definition),then can I do Y which can be classified as X?I mean does one reason to stop doing something being used as a reason to stop doing another thing that have a similar aspect?

P/S:X is one of the aspects of one of the things that get affected by my OCD.
This has to be the most cryptic message I've ever seen. Sorry.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
This has to be the most cryptic message I've ever seen. Sorry.
Sorry for not explaining properly ****.

Ok,let's say there is this one thing I say I would stopped doing (because I afraid I accidentally "cursed" it),and(or because) it falls under a certain category ,then would other actions that falls under the same category to be affected by the similar "curse" or anything?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Hirandall

Quote:
Do you think the law only affect the person him/herself?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM
RMG

OCD is just a continuity of anxiety, it's a recognizable mechanism that you're using for a reason; at some point you would have found comfort in it. When you convince yourself you have indeed prevented something from occuring with your OCD ritual, you will have found confirmation that it works for you and you depend on it. The more you believe in it, the more power you give it to really manifest things in your life.

Your anxiety is coming from a fear of losing control, so no wonder you have found information regarding the law of attraction and other such metaphysics, these concepts are your interest and also your crutch. If you understand the concepts you will know that fear is self-serving and is only looking to support it's own longevity, it's false security. Your security comes from fearlessness and confidence.

Don't resist the OCD rituals, accept them objectively as what they are; fear. If you do not resist and you do not place power in them, they are harmless. It's not the intrinsic nature of the condition of OCD itself which produces creative results, it's your belief in the substance of the ritualistic behaviour. If you treat your rituals like they are omens, you will create a self-fulfilling prophecy. LOA reveals personal power, internal responsibility, viewing yourself as subject to OCD shows you have not grasped that; OCD is just a by product of what you once were. Realize that it is only powerful if you place power in it, and move on step by step. It will be gone.

And remember you can't decide the fate of another, you can only attract to yourself situations in which you will blame yourself for another's misfortune.