Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 29-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Master
Amilius, I think we have been here before . Satan is an epithet much beloved by the christian church. Go back to the "old" names - Lucifer or even Pan. Honorific titles - Lord of Darkness and Lord of Light, the perfect embodiment of Yin-Yang.
It is my belief that Christ [who I honour] has the same honorific titles i.e. Pan aka Lucifer aka Christ.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Master
Christ has the epitaph Lord of Life and Lord of Death, not light and dark.

He is lord over life and death because this breaks and destroys the dualistic mind.

Nothing is lord of light; God and Christ are THE light. God or Jesus are called Lords in the respect to their levels of consciousness.

Satan is actually called the "prince" of darkness. I could care less over prince or lord. But the point is that Satan is not a source of evil in Christianity. The source of evil is self and misuse of free will. Evil is an intense negative energy construct that can manifest from anybody. Evil in its rawest form is violence and ignorant attacking. Demonic spirits are pretty much mad mentally whacky entities perpetuating violence in the universe.

God or The forces of light do not need violent forces to have a creation. But God did need darkness or absence of light. This is the unconscious mind.

I believe Satan mythologically refers to a real spirit entity, a higher archangel who through the misuse of his holy office became an evil block and demonic force in the spiritual worlds and his or It's (because spirits are androgynous) influence is cosmic. Archangels are vast entities that influence on cosmic levels. Satan story refers to a powerful Seraph who was given the job of testing and accusing human souls. This entity has misused his abilities. This entity is so influential and godlike that the Old Testament prophets and Christ himself found it suitable to describe him as "the devil" or "the evil one" and even having power over earth. Satan entity is the prince or a master of the unconsciousness "darkness".

We all have had impersonal encounters with this archangel on some level
Old 18-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Master

Involving the, "Triune Brain"

The, "Reptilian"...

http://www.myshrink.com/counseling-theory.php?t_id=86

"The reptilian brain is an ancient beast.
It was developed over 100 million years ago. The higher brain or the neocortex came along a mere 40,000 years ago.
So, when the reptilian brain is on alert, it's pretty hard for a youngster like our neocortex to tell a 100 million year old brain to behave!2"

And, involving a, "fall". And, we are all in the same boat, "here".

Meanwhile, "Saved" means rescued, as by another.
And, "Grace" means, "Unmerited Favor".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I understand everything you saying but just because Spirit is the greater reality does not mean matter is completely false. In fact all matter is is spirit frozen and slowed down. Matter is spirit manifested on an atomic level.

Of course all origin is angelic. In fact the consciousness which I referred to as Satan began its Movement in the spirit among angelic entities which began a rebellion and illusionary dualistic it warring in the spiritual dimensions
Now we have good helpers and guides known as angels and destructive selfish ones who do nothing but seek to collect souls to their campaign and these are dark angels or called demons.

The Satanic force was driven from the highest regions of Spirit as seen when Michael and his angels had to separate the light from the dark. Now this force is given permission only to act in our material realm and the selfish angels caught in this web or net and entrapped in different states of consciôusness and attac ed to the thought bodies they created from misuse of the mind-force.

This force or consciousness thrives in our physical worlds through the hearts and minds of God's children due to the misuse of free Will and because it's nature is self centered and egoic it takes elements from the animal world and twists them and then the egoic entity makes us look ugly and hate ourselves and feel bestial in the eyes of God because satan means- accuser and that self accuser has developed in us all.

No problem there, Am. But, you know what they say... "The devil is in the details."
:>)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon
Darkness cant understand the Light. One cant even see the Kingdom of God unless Born Again.

I am not arrogant, when I tell the truth in Love.

Truth. But, even after one is born again, they still have the struggle, contention, and wrestle, with the old, and carnal nature. Ever present while we are, "here", in the world.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique
Ok so the other night I randomly stumbled upon a website called the joy of Satan and was a site dedicated to worshipping Satan under the religion of Satanism. The thing which really shocked me is the whole website was explaining how life and Christianity have given hell and demons a bad outlook whereas demons actually are nice and care for the human race and only wish for us to develop spiritually.

What's more is it also suggested we had guardian demons and not angels, demons being good and not evil 'at all', furthermore it explained how the only god was Satan and Satan doesn't set out to punish, he only wishes for us to be honest and confident. Moreover, it suggested nothing about people suffering or burning in hell and even suggested Christianity is a tool to prevent us from developing spiritually as it rejects some aspects of what would be considered magic. It also says how Christianity have stolen some events wih as Easter which was originally astar or something.

It did mention there are lesser negative demons but the main hierarchy of demons was good. I don't know if I believe in what the website said but I was shocked to find that Satanism was depicting demons as good and hell was not such a bad place after all and implies that only christianity made it out to be bad. I wanted to know if any of what I said is possibly true as I'm shocked by the good nature demons were depicted as (angelic physical forms). I can't link the website though I don think cos it's not allowed.
Thanks Remnantique, very interesting Tread, we are all searching the meaning of Ancient texts, Ancient Names.

I had read somewhere (I should of notice the link' I'll try to find it!) that Satan represented the Tree of Life, meaning the Knowledge. It could be true since the Catholic Church tried to hide all knowledge that went against their dogma for Century onward.

I've also read in the Tread a member presenting Satan as a Ying/Yang relation, as polarities, one negative and one positive, that sound also plausible, very interesting.

The best to you!
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by love9 : 18-12-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 18-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I don't think most people understand who or what Satan is.

The Bible gives numerous ideas of an accuser in Job, a dragon in Revelations, a serpent in Genesis, a tempter in the Gospels.

It pretty much sums up the "principle of evil" that is everywhere or can be anywhere someone misuses reasons and will.

But why is Satan fallen? why does this entity in Job accuse and act like such an extreme prosecutor? What is the pride of Satan?

It is a legend that Satan was an archangel. Archangels are not the same as angels who are pure spirits helping and serving the divine. Archangels are more "archetypal" hence the word arch or "arching over". Usually meaning it is protype, something emulated by others, an original type.

The sin of Satan is not some ludicrous "pure evil" maliciousness as seen in movies, art, televsion, etc. The sin of Satan is the fact that you have someone doing something that they believe is Beautiful and loving for the sake of beauty and what they perceive as beautiful but is in fact self-love, pure vanity, which is ego-centered. Here you have the whole "Lucifer-bright morning star, most beautiful angel" wtc. These are metaphors.

To worship Satan is not so much worshiping some evil angel in the spirit world, it is worshiping the ideas that -"I have no mistakes" "I have no weakness" "There is nothing wrong with me" "You just don't get what I am trying to achieve!" "The way I see it is the only way" 'i have the answer!" "I go to Church every Sunday that is why I am going to heaven!" "I think this, I think that". It is a lot of me, me, I, I, and I see it this way and thats the way it should be! Not all people announce these things but they harbor these emotions and thoughts subconsciously. Majority of mentalities like this believe in a Reward/Punishment System with the divine, so does Satan.

Read Thomas Merton's : Moral Theology of the Devil. In it the Devil has a conversation explaining what he believes is moral and good. To Satan it was justice that was served in Jesus' death. To Satan, man was created evil and needs to be saved. To Satan man is inherently sinful. To Satan, law and order must be met and mercy is nothing but an idea. Satan is "devil" or "diabolical" which means "to throw apart". - Satan separates, Where as God unites. Satan separates heart from head, body from soul, love from hate, life from death. Whereas when we see things From the Consciousness of God- love/hate, life/death, good/evil, light/dark, male/female- all things are One. But Satan, the archangel who is ignorant, the one who separates things, keeps up the law and order, reward/punishment- who believes he is doing God's will is in fact the Devil- the one who sins because he is Blind to the Truth, the Light and Awareness. He is the one who refuses to change because he doesn't see why he must change,- thus he is unconscious, the Prince of the Unconscious mind (prince of darkness).

Be careful what consciousnesses and influences you are entertaining to the universe. It is a big place and many things exists that would both please you and perhaps frighten you.

Remember virtue and vice have a very thin veil and if your not careful in your awareness you could be creating a vice or a wrong way of thinking and not knowing it and then justifying it for your comfort- that is the devil; or the worship of evil.

Great post...tracing the real meaning of a commonly used archetype for evil, in the sense of bringing spiritual darkness, or, a state of spiritual unknowing, a state of ignorance.

This is a truly beautiful description of the root of all "evil", i.e. willful self-obscuration and separation. Also, a willfull lack or denial of integrity within.
And propping up this perspective at all costs to avoid realisation and change.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 27-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Ascender
See, I know a Satanist. A proper Satanist. Not La Veyan.
He follows Satan, and he is the nicest man I have ever met. Looking at him or talking to him, you would never think he was a Satanist unless he told you. The only clue would be a tattoo of a cartoon devil on his arm, even then that would not necessarily mean he worshipped Satan.

I think Satanism has honestly received a lot of bad press, no thanks to the likes of Hollywood over-dramaticising the reality of things, as they do (we Witches have been the victim of that very same thing. The Craft, anyone?).

Now, speaking to my friend, yes, he does follow Satan. But he doesn't intentionally harm people like you would believe. Nor does he summon demons or Satan or perform human sacrifices to appease Lucifer. He doesn't eat babies or murder animals, either. He says that's not what Satanism is about. Nor is it about rebelling. Does he believe in Demons? Of course. They do exist.

Sounds to me like that website is a load of crock, knowing what I know about Satanism.
Honestly, though. I think Satan is the Loki of Christianity. He screws with people a lot, but really he does it just for laughs and never actually intends to hurt people. At least, that's the impression I got from my friend. And wasn't he cast out of Heaven because he told God to bog off, that he wasn't going to do as God commanded and punish mortals for being, well, human and making mistakes?
Old 29-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Master
To restate...

Think about all the depictions of the devil, involving the animal, the beast, and as well... the self involved and materialistic human.

http://www.myshrink.com/counseling-theory.php?t_id=86

Satan is about the fallen material world, in time and space. The organic, the physical, material, the carnal...
The "Survival Instinct" involved.

Which most Christians and believers, though sincere, do not regard or understand.

"The World", about which there is consensus... involving what is illusory.

Hence the validation of scripture, in both Old Testament and New,
"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

Of course given all the information available to us today, we ought to understand that the origin of mankind, and true situation, is apart from, "Space/time".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein