Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 18-06-2014, 02:35 PM
winkszip

I used to be heavily depressed. However one thing that really helped was buying a bicycle. Getting out there, watching nature, while loosing weight. Perfect.
Old 22-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Master

Meditation, cycling, jogging, swimming, communicating..
Singing is also good.
Writing etc.

new hobbies perhaps?
Something to feel passionate about.
Old 23-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Master
Personally, I like yoga for depression and/or anxiety. It's moving meditation.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Guide
For depression I love swimming, bike-riding or taking a nice walk. I might get into yoga next year however. That's always interested me.
Old 21-09-2014, 03:56 AM
Master
The higher the intensity the better, it will release more endorphin's. Genetically we are primed for burst interval training, not slow low intensity prolonged exercise. Low intensity aerobic exercise, does not have the same effect on hormones such as testosterone and growth hormone compared to high intensity sprints, circuit training or weight lifting.

So remember if you are going to exercise..? do some sprints, or a intense body weight circuit, and have rest days.

Think primal.
Old 23-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Master
Its very hard to workout when you are depressed! I can't workout when I'm depressed. Have you tried swimming???? Swimming is a good form of therapy and exercise. Even if you are depressed swimming will take away your depression and help you relax too and at the same time you exercise your body. Go to a pool or if you can make it to the beach even better, sea water has healing energy and you can feel much better after it. If the beach was closer to me, I be swimming more often!
Old 23-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyheaven1979
Its very hard to workout when you are depressed! I can't workout when I'm depressed. Have you tried swimming???? Swimming is a good form of therapy and exercise. Even if you are depressed swimming will take away your depression and help you relax too and at the same time you exercise your body. Go to a pool or if you can make it to the beach even better, sea water has healing energy and you can feel much better after it. If the beach was closer to me, I be swimming more often!

The person might get even more depressed getting half naked infront of people, we don't really know the cause of their depression. But swimming is good, but if you live in a hot country the beach and sea aslong as there are no sharks..? is safe.

The sea is full of minerals, that are absorbed transdermally.

Infact the beach is the best advice you have given.
Old 23-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Seeker
You honestly have to force yourself to exercise when depressed. It's soooooo tough because you have almost no energy (mental or physical) to work with. It's like your entire system is running on a backup battery with like a 3% charge.

Putting on some music, lying on the floor and focusing on basic stretches is very helpful. Just draw blood to the stiff, achy muscles ... wake them up. If you don't feel like going to a gym or going outside you can exercise at home. If you live in an apartment building, a stairwell is a great place to get your heart and lungs pumping. Walk, run, or double-step lunge up the stairs until you get a good sweat going.

When you're finished you will almost always feel clearer in the mind.
Old 24-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
Infact the beach is the best advice you have given.

Thanks MIND POWER! By the way he doesn't have to get half naked to go swimming! lol
Old 06-01-2015, 04:46 AM
seo_aoteayoga

Yoga poses are good for physical and mental health. If you practice yoga on daily routine you will definitely distressed.