Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 22-12-2017, 02:01 AM
traceyacey12

What's your explanation for bad things happening to good people?

To restate: why do you think bad things happen to good people? How do you rationalize this?

As always, interested in reading your viewpoints :)
Old 22-12-2017, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
To restate: why do you think bad things happen to good people? How do you rationalize this?

As always, interested in reading your viewpoints :)

There is a larger context and perception that is beyond the duality of what is considered "good" or "bad." The "good" or "bad" that you were referencing to is subjective to the perception of each person's psychological experience and conditioning. In the grand picture of the Universe, everything that happens is not personal and there is no sociopathic interdimensional overlord to reward or punish us. However, despite the notion of reward and punishment not being the case, there is still the ever present reality of cause and effect. When a situation arise, however it may be perceived, it can be thought of as the result as another action or event whether something you yourself created or someone or something else. Humanity and all of the Universe is interconnected. If we think of the Universe as one big vast organism, we (Humanity) are simply reaping what we sow collectively as a species within the Universe. However, as the Consciousness of humanity evolves and becomes Aware of Itself, human beings are beginning to create more healing and constructive realities as oppose to pain and destruction. :)

P.S. When an unfortunate situation happens, don't lose heart. You can transmute the experience into something good and healing instead. You did not do anything wrong and you are not being punished, but you can be a co-creator of peace and love on Planet Earth despite the challenging events that we may experience together. And maybe you can transform that perceived "bad" thing into something incredibly beautiful and transcendent.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 22-12-2017, 02:49 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
There is a larger context and perception that is beyond the duality of what is consider "good" or "bad." The "good" or "bad" that you were referencing to is subjective to the perception of each person's psychological experience and conditioning. In the grand picture of the Universe, everything that happens is not personal and there is no sociopathic interdimensional overlord to reward or punish us. However, despite the notion of reward and punishment not being the case, there is still the ever present reality of cause and effect. When a situation arise, however it may be perceived, it can be thought of as the result as another action or event whether something you yourself created or someone else. Humanity and all of the Universe is interconnected. If we think of the Universe as one big vast organism, we (Humanity) are simply reaping what we sow collectively as a species within the Universe. However, as the Consciousness of humanity evolves and become Aware of Itself, human beings are beginning to create more healing and constructive realities as oppose to pain and destruction. :)

Thanks for your response. In addition to what you talked about regarding cause and effect, I have a specific example in mind: why are babies born with congenital defects that cause them to have hard lives later on? how do people explain this?
Old 22-12-2017, 03:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for your response. In addition to what you talked about regarding cause and effect, I have a specific example in mind: why are babies born with congenital defects that cause them to have hard lives later on? how do people explain this?

maybe you should ask yourself this: why exactly do you think they shouldn't be?
Old 22-12-2017, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:

Some babies are born with congenital defects because of genetics and biology. They experience hardship and challenges due to this condition. Some of these babies that grow up with this condition end up living fiercely and with strength and determination while simultaneously shining a beacon of hope and light to their parents and all those who know them. Some of them don't need to ponder and feel sorry for themselves about why this is a part of their reality, they simply live and show us their love, strength, and grace. I am incredibly inspired by them and all those who face their overwhelming pain and suffering with courage, grace, and love. :)

Old 22-12-2017, 03:30 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
maybe you should ask yourself this: why exactly do you think they shouldn't be?

cuz its difficult to not look like your peers and be deemed pretty if its like a facial thing or you are dealing with missing parts of your body? or it just sucks to have any deformity in general? am I thinking about this the wrong way?
Old 22-12-2017, 03:33 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Some babies are born with congenital defects because of genetics and biology. They experience hardship and challenges due to this condition. However, there are also babies that grow up with this condition that live fiercely and with strength and vigor while simultaneously shining a beacon of hope and light to their parents and those who know them. Some of them don't need to ponder and feel sorry for themselves about why this is a part of their reality, they simply live and show us their love, strength, and grace. I am incredibly inspired by them and all those who face their overwhelming pain and suffering with courage, grace, and love. :)

yeah, I get the biology thing but how do we think of this in terms of karma... do people think about it this way? how does this sort of thing fit into the why-do-bad-things-happen-to-good-people question? they're just babies. how does religion or spirituality approach this kind of thing is what I'm getting at
Old 22-12-2017, 03:45 AM
Master
Quote:
yeah, I get the biology thing but how do we think of this in terms of karma... do people think about it this way? how does this sort of thing fit into the why-do-bad-things-happen-to-good-people question? they're just babies. how does religion or spirituality approach this kind of thing is what I'm getting at

Ok, I think I will use myself as an example and see if I can explain this. I am diagnosed with two serious medical conditions that would eventually kill me and it most likely would not look very pretty at the end (but how many people's end does?). lol

People who believe in reincarnation and punishment might say that my soul deserve this hardship to make up for misdeeds.

Some (not all) people who believe in a particular Christian approach might explain that it is because God is rebuking me for my sins and/or the sins of humanity as a whole.

Some other people with a more philosophical and universal approach might say that my suffering and challenges allows for the teaching of great empathy, compassion, and love in my life and for those who I have interacted with.

What might I say?

I think my life with its challenges offered me an immense opportunity to see the beauty of Gratitude, Compassion, Love, Goodness, and God (for the lack of a better word). Because of my experience, I've grown and evolved in ways that I cannot even begin to describe. And I know others who have gone through challenges would say the same.

Everyone would have their unique perspective. What do you think? I think that's the most important question. :)

P.S. Yes, life has been beyond rough, but it's so weird and wow, I would not have it any other way. I guess that's what Spirituality is about for me.

Old 22-12-2017, 03:46 AM
Master

Quote:
cuz its difficult to not look like your peers and be deemed pretty if its like a facial thing or you are dealing with missing parts of your body? or it just sucks to have any deformity in general? am I thinking about this the wrong way?

honest answer. Good for you!

there isn't a wrong way by the way. Point of all this being that life will out regardless of how badly we want to chain it up.
Old 22-12-2017, 03:55 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Ok, I think I will use myself as an example and see if I can explain this. I am diagnosed with two serious medical conditions that would eventually kill me and it most likely would not look very pretty at the end (but how many people's end does?). lol

People who believe in reincarnation and punishment might say that my soul deserve this hardship to make up for misdeeds.

Some (not all) people who believe in a particular Christian approach might explain that it is because God is rebuking me for my sins.

Some other people with a more philosophical and universal approach might say that my suffering and challenges allows for the teaching of great empathy, compassion, and love in my life and for those who I have interacted with.

What might I say?

I think my life with its challenges offered me an immense opportunity to see that beauty of Gratitude, Compassion, Love, Goodness, and God (for the lack of a better word). Because of my experience, I've grown and evolved in ways that I cannot even begin to describe. And I know others who have gone through challenges would say the same.

Everyone would have their unique perspective. What do you think? I think that's the most important question. :)

P.S. Yes, life has been beyond rough, but it's so weird and wow, I would not have it any other way. I guess that's what Spirituality is about for me.

thanks a lot for sharing with me. I've never spoken to anyone in your position. I'm just trying to make sense of it all. I'm sort a scientist by training so I ask a lot of questions and try to find the right answer for everything. But I have thought of the different perspectives thing. Just leaving it as everyone is going to have their own view somehow isn't satisfying to me right now. That's why I ask these questions on here. That's amazing you view it that way though. Thanks for sharing