Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2006, 12:37 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Hi folks, in reply to both kundalini and glory, I would say just this.and please understand that I believe in maya, god, the benefits of spiritual practice the end goal of the human condition etc.,
Very few people however can really do anything spiritual, ( by that I mean an action beyond what is achievable physically)the odd clairvoyant is quite capable, but for most thier abilities are clouded, it is not clear. One or two healers have some success but even that is unpredictable. There are stories, oh yes wonderful stories, of great masters and their abilities and we thrive on them , hoping that one day some of this stuff will happen to us.

Just because a teaacher can teach you to leave your body does not neccesarily mean that everything else they teach you is exactly right. I can teach someone to log on to a computer, it does not make me Bill gates, if you know what I mean.
But all too many folks on this site are quick to criticise other opinions and dash peoples beliefs when in truth, we do not know in actuality what the truth is, and as I mentioned above everything is ` allegedly` being viewed through the illusion of maya.
So all I was trying to say was chill folks, we know nothing for sure.and show some respect for others views you may not be right.

That doesn`t apply to me obviously! I have it all sewn up.
Love light and laugh folks.

Hi peteyzen,

I do not understand why you feel your religious beliefs have been attacked or your opinion criticised. I find it amazing that religious followers will spout their beliefs and then should anyone else say anything at all that may be in contradiction of their beliefs, they suddenly start to say things like 'all too many folks are quick to criticise when in truth we do not actually know anything'. Well, why claim to then, if that is the attitude that you are going to take???

Oh and one more thing. Sorry, but the more people that keep making excuses as to why we aren't capable of doing this or why we aren't capable of doing that, are just limiting their own perceptions. That's all I have to say.
Old 15-08-2006, 01:07 PM
dreamer

Hey Kundalini,

you are right that we limit our access to SELF by holding limiting beliefs - anything is possible.

I am curious though - for someone who understands the law of attraction, your posts sometimes seem angry and you know what that attracts?
Old 15-08-2006, 01:51 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hey Kundalini,

you are right that we limit our access to SELF by holding limiting beliefs - anything is possible.

I am curious though - for someone who understands the law of attraction, your posts sometimes seem angry and you know what that attracts?

Lol, you are very perceptive my friend.

Now understand this and I know you will. I KNOW many things, like a lot of people do but that does not mean to say that I can always adhere to that knowing. As I have said before, it takes a lot of 'spiritual discipline'. I don't want to sound angry either but I am attempting to let people realise things for themselves by telling them what I KNOW.

The thing is, Peteyzen and no disrespect to him/her has posted that 'we actually don't know anything'. I find that is a fallacy and I am disputing that statement. Also, peteyzen has said well, these 'religious' people have belief systems etc. but then those very same people when told something different to their beliefs then accuse that person of criticising and then state 'that humans do not actually know anything'. Not knowing anything is not indicative of a strong belief system and is no basis for it. So I felt obliged to dispute that.
Old 15-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Glorymist

8-infinite-8 - - Can you read those posts with a viewpoint other than seeing what was written as being condescending / criticial / contradicting / wrong ??

Can you do that ??

Because nothing was written with that viewpoint / additude in mind or heart.

If you cannot - - well - - there are many ways we can choose to overlook what is told to us. Especially when the whole thing was based on an assumption that you made that was false. Then - - I guess - - that it is wrong of me to point that out. HeH

Especially when I clearly stated that I was offering all in a "nice" way. And - - I was. The whole issue of false assumptions is rampant these days. I run into it all the time. I would bet you do too. Much of what I said was addressing the issue itself - - rather than your personal / specific use of it.

And - - what I said - - was true - - and I would say it to anyone else who made such claims - - and have. Some - - listen - - and grow - - and then share with me - - and I grow. Others - - push it all away. It is their choice.

So - - read what I earlier wrote as you wish. Much of the point of it all was - - if you wish to make assumptions about someone else - - it's nice to check on the facts you are going to use to make such assumptions first.

But I will admit - - the world does NOT promote such foresight. The world - - the media - - most anyone - - seems to promote - - hurl first, find out if you were correct later.

I didn't force you to make the accusations you did - - and - - I still do not hold ill feelings or any grudge towards you. Nor any criticism.

It is a situation all can learn from - - if willing.
Old 15-08-2006, 06:00 PM
lumas

Before we are born to this place we know everything it is gods will that we forget so that we can re-member who we are and where we came from and he gives us free will to find our way back to the whole the one god...
Old 15-08-2006, 06:23 PM
lumas

every body who reads these forums are spiritualy aware... everybody.....and dont think just because you dont know much that you are out of favour with god you are his most favourite because you question your existance you question who and what you are and where you came from...you are learning to remember what you are we are all god we are all one ...
Old 16-08-2006, 03:56 AM
8-infinite-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
8-infinite-8 - - Can you read those posts with a viewpoint other than seeing what was written as being condescending / criticial / contradicting / wrong ??

Can you do that ??

Especially when I clearly stated that I was offering all in a "nice" way. And - - I was. The whole issue of false assumptions is rampant these days. I run into it all the time. I would bet you do too. Much of what I said was addressing the issue itself - - rather than your personal / specific use of it.

And - - what I said - - was true - - and I would say it to anyone else who made such claims - - and have. Some - - listen - - and grow - - and then share with me - - and I grow. Others - - push it all away. It is their choice.

Hi Glorymist, I guess what I mean is, when I see a product of the ego directed at me in any way it brings out the ego in me.
Therefore I try not to subject myself to things of that material.
That is how I interpreted it & I chose to interpret it, because I believe in my truth & perceptions.
So if i was to read that whole thing again about why I'm wrong, tell me, what is the use?
It does not worry me if I'm wrong, I just don't know what you want me to understand.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can not make him drink it my friend.
If all of what you have said is your truth, Glory mist, why must you defend it, if you know it to be true ?
Everyone has an Ego, in my experience of life. And I apoligize if it has been un-toward to you in any way, for it is of course, un-intentional.
Kind regards.
Old 16-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Master
Hi kundalini
I am not religious in any way shape or form.
I do have beliefs, as do you, I hold the simple truth however that I might well be wrong. I also know a lot, this knowledge means nothing my friend, because everybody else knows a great deal as well, it doesn`t mean that any of us are right.
It does however seem rather odd that we cross swords all too often when nobody really knows if they are right.
I`m sorry if my opinions on this upset you, it is how I feel though, however having repeated this too many times now I shall shut up.
And leave you with my sincere apologies
Old 16-08-2006, 09:51 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Hi kundalini
I am not religious in any way shape or form.
I do have beliefs, as do you, I hold the simple truth however that I might well be wrong. I also know a lot, this knowledge means nothing my friend, because everybody else knows a great deal as well, it doesn`t mean that any of us are right.
It does however seem rather odd that we cross swords all too often when nobody really knows if they are right.
I`m sorry if my opinions on this upset you, it is how I feel though, however having repeated this too many times now I shall shut up.
And leave you with my sincere apologies

peteyzen, I do not feel upset by your opinions but I am curious as to why you feel your opinions have so little worth for surely you must feel that way, if when your beliefs are challenged you say things like 'We don't know anything'.

Why is it so many human beings will say they do not know anything? I know that you would say I am being egotistical to say otherwise but BELIEVE me, I am not. I am just not going to allow myself to think I do not know anything when I know that I do.

Also, I do not feel we are crossing swords. You have took that stance. I simply debated a statement of yours and then asked some very pertinent questions. Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 16-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Glorymist

8-infinity-8 - - let's take a look at what happened. It all started by you making a false assumption about me. Now - - I tried to point that out to you and give you a quick overview as to the concept and principle what drawing false assumptions are not a good idea. You come back with the promoted idea that because I didn't necessarily like false assumptions directed to me - - that I was coming back at you out of ego.

Does that quite - - um - - ring true ?? I didn't ask you to say what you did. You made a fasle assumption - - it was wrong - - I simply pointed that out to you - - and you went trying to make it my doing.

Why would I wish you to read it again ?? To learn ! ! To learn that your first perception can be wrong. As can mine. As can most everyone's.

Were you wrong ?? Yes - - in the sense that you said something you probably shouldn't have. That's all ! ! Now - - you spend the time justifying yourself - - and pointing your finger at me. In other words - - if someone simply shows you how you were clearly wrong - - and how you could benefit by learning a quick and simple lesson - - the pointing of that out to you - - that is ego ??

Or is it a handy way out ??

And once again - - this is NOT being written in anger. If I didn't point this out to you again - - you would miss out on a very valuable lesson to be learned - - if you wish to learn it. Even good ol' Dr. Phil says - - "You cannot change what you do not acknowledge." And - - in this case - - that's true. You can claim that I was coming at you out of ego and anything else that you wish - - and get all flipped out about someone saying that you were wrong (when you were) - - but in the end - - all I wanted to point out to you - - is that it is very ingenuous of anyone to draw false assumptions about anyone - - anywhere. Ask first. Then you can base any accusations / assumptions on a bit more material than what you didn;t have before. Very simple.

But to me - - it looks like - - you wish to find a way to duck out of this. Make it my fault. My doing. I don't defend - - anything. I simply point out a lesson you could learn.

You seem to want to be right - - more than be honest. Yes - - there are lots of people who will believe that throwing false assumptions around is just fine. To them - - what I said - - I would definitely be wrong. I would definitely be trying to show them that false assumptions are high inaccuracies and would be promoting my truth in that sense.

From what you said in your reply - - I have to assume (and yes - - I am using the words but based on what you have said and the way you reacted) that that above is indeed what you believe. That it IS all right to falsely assume something about someone - - and to express it - - and when that is pointed out - - it is the other person's fault for pointing out the false assumption.

You apologize for nothing - - until you own what you did. That is true of and for anyone.

How easily all of this could hae been sidestepped if you simply would have said - - "Hmmm. Guess I did assume something that I shouldn't have. I'll have to watch that." Or - - versions thereof.

But to defend yourself by pointing your finger back at me - - shows a very different picture of who 8-infinity-8 is. I would be cheating you of any lesson you could learn if I did not point this out to you - - tho I do know that pointing this out to you smacks in the face of today's "victim" role that everyone loves to retreat to.

The choice - - is still - - up to you.
Closed Thread