Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 12-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Mind's Eye

I'm sure there are some folks who might lie about it to try and sell a book... But I think that most of them are real. Too much there that cannot be explained by hallucinations or chemicals in the brain. What about the many NDE's where people said they hovered out into the waiting room or even a relatives house and heard entire conversations that were taking place? And those conversations were confirmed later on. Chemicals in the brain or hallucinations can make people do successful remote viewing? I don't think so.

I also don't think that the skeptics give people enough credit. I have hallucinated before and we have all dreamed. You mean to tell me we couldn't tell it was not real later on once we came out of it? Of course we could.

I was also run over by a car in 1990 and was out cold for many hours. During that time I had many odd things run through my head and even saw Jesus! But when I awoke later, I knew it was all just dreams and images of the mind. I think people who have NDE's would know the difference between hallucinations, dreaming and knowing in fact that they were actually in that other place. Maybe a few people might get reality and dream confused... but so many! I don't think that's the case at all.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:19 PM
livingkarma

I believe my cousin did have an NDE; she was clinically dead from a heart attack suffered during childbirth ...
If my memory serves me right, I think it was Ted Danson's ex-wife who had an NDE when she suffered a stroke during childbirth also ...

I think you're onto something when you say there are some folks who might lie to sell a book as well as there being so many reported cases including globally ...

The reason I believe in NDEs has to do w/having been around people who were actively dying - not on any meds - fully alert - who saw loved ones in waiting for them to die ...

And the most important were the ADCs I received till my late husband's funeral ...

I believe life & death experiences are both valuable ...
Old 12-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Tera's_Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
The reason I believe in NDEs has to do w/having been around people who were actively dying - not on any meds - fully alert - who saw loved ones in waiting for them to die ...

I would love to hear more about your experiences. By any chance did experience something called an SDE - Shared Death Experience? This is something that has also happened where a person has an OBE with someone who is dying.
Old 13-11-2013, 03:41 AM
livingkarma

I've never experienced either ...
However, while my mother was actively dying her room constantly felt stifling & crowded w/spirits ...
That's the annoying thing about a large family, we can't all fit in one room even though some of them were spirits! ...
Anyway, my mother would come in & out of sleep smile & say ok or something similar in her native tongue; this went on till her death (an entire week) ...

What I do know is my aunt said she put an extra blanket over my cousin while she was in recovery, I don't recall if she said she saw my cousin's soul rise above her body or thought she would, but in any case, she decided adding another blanket would keep her grounded ...

I don't discount much of anything when it comes to death ...
Since my husband's death we've had more paranormal activity than I've ever experienced in my entire life ...
And to think, he was never one to claim he was a believer in the afterlife ...
What a bonehead! LOL!

Last edited by livingkarma : 13-11-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 13-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
And to think, he was never one to claim he was a believer in the afterlife ...
What a bonehead! LOL!

Those are the people who are pleasantly surprised in the end. Imagine expecting nothing and than all the sudden, "what the heck, I'm still alive!"
Old 16-11-2013, 07:30 AM
SmilingRock

Tera's party, an NDE of mine as a teenager left me with strong confidence of it having been true because of several physical features that would occur during death (I do not speak of them in public because some book authors tend to grab that kind of information and then pretend that they too experienced the same things). I have always been of the opinion that human life is a temporary thing that is an experience to be experienced, and not the beginning nor end of anything except itself.

From my point of view I am always suspect of NDE reports (including my own!), and I want to find evidence of whether a report is valid or imagined, but at the same time I am approaching the questions from a view that an NDE can be a valid experience although not all reports are valid. Since I myself have never seen a book's report of an NDE that included a description of the physical effects, then I more closely question whether the reports might be true or invented. Nevertheless, the average human has difficulty explaining any experience with sufficient details, so the lack of details is not by itself reason enough to dismiss an NDE claim.

I did not speak of my own experiences until recent years; I had been married twenty-five years before I even told my wife (the topic just never came up, and I had learned as a child to never talk about anything that an adult would not understand, which was most everything, so I was accustomed to keeping it all to myself. ;-) )

Quote:
That's the annoying thing about a large family, we can't all fit in one room even though some of them were spirits! ...

LOL! Ah, now that topic could receive a lot of input! ;-)
Old 16-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Tera's_Party

Thanks Mindseye,

I agree about skeptics but in a way I am glad for them as they keep us questioning. In a way I would consider myself slightly skeptical but I have had too many unexplained experiences personally. At this time we don't have the means to fully understand the unexplained.

LivingKarma

What kind of paranormal experiences have you had? I have heard this from others especially after someone has died.

Smiling Rock
Thank you for sharing that.
If you would like to share more details about your experience, I promise I won't a write a book lol.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:14 AM
SmilingRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera's_Party
Smiling Rock
Thank you for sharing that.
If you would like to share more details about your experience, I promise I won't a write a book lol.

:) Thanks Tera, and sorry I'm so slow replying, I just now spotted your reply.

I appreciate your curiosity, and trust me when I say that I want to describe the NDE in excruciatingly long paragraphs, but some things are best left unsaid. ;-) One well known word ought to be included in most all NDEs, but oddly enough I myself have never seen the word used in any NDE report other than my own. NDEs/OBEs have produced solid empirical evidence of being valid experiences, but I suspect that sometimes we might give a valid experience an imperfect term.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:55 PM
campingfriends

I just dont like the idea of doubting the experiences of others. I too have had some incredible near death experiences. Why is God keeping me here? I really dont know
Old 12-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Master
For consideration. Eviidence enough?:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2522482/Is-universe-hologram-Physicists-believe-live-projection.html?ico=ushome^headlines

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

http://www.oberf.org/torkel_o's_sobe.htm

http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein