Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 03-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Administrator
Two Events in the Skies for May 2012

Hello

May 2012 Super Moon

Sky watchers take note: The biggest full moon of the year is due to arrive this weekend.

The moon will officially become full Saturday (May 5) at 11:35 p.m. EDT. And because this month's full moon coincides with the moon’s closest approach to Earth — it will also be the year's biggest.

This month's full moon is due to be about 16 percent brighter than average. In contrast, later this year on Nov. 28, the full moon will coincide with the moon's farthest approach, offering a particularly small and dim full moon.

The unusual appearance of this month's full moon brings no reason for alarm, scientists say. The slight distance difference isn't enough to cause any earthquakes or extreme tidal effects, experts say. However, the normal tides around the world will be particularly high and low. The last supermoon occurred in March 2011.

To view this weekend's supermoon to best effect, look for it just after it rises or before it sets, when it is close to the horizon.

An annular solar eclipse will take place on May 20, 2012 (May 21, 2012 for local time in Eastern Hemisphere). A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between Earth and the Sun, thereby totally or partially obscuring the image of the Sun for a viewer on Earth. An annular solar eclipse occurs when the Moon's apparent diameter is smaller than the Sun, causing the Sun to look like an annulus (ring), blocking most of the Sun's light. An annular eclipse appears as a partial eclipse over a region thousands of kilometer’s wide.

Lynn
Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Guide

Thanks Lyn, the moon has been beautiful lately.

I've been reading about the moon on nasa's site, it's good for an astrology student to do that, it gives insight about what the moon represents in a chart.

There have been a lot of dead fish washed up, and birds falling from sky again in places around the world recently, it could be something to do with the approach of the moon. There were similar things happening last year at this time and before.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Sybilline

Hi! I hope this is not a silly question. Will this be seen all over the world? I am in Southeast Asia, about 12 hours from EST, I think. I am not sure. If I will see it it may be a different time but will I see it at all?
Old 23-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Master
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2636865/Look-Researchers-spot-massive-fresh-crater-half-size-football-field-Mars.html

Researchers have discovered the largest fresh meteor-impact crater ever spotted on Mars, which ocurred in 2012, and just recently discovered by analysing before and after photos that were captured by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

One wonders, did Mars take a hit for us?

The resulting impact crater spans half the length of a football field, and first appeared in March 2012.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein