Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Hold your horses there friend.. I respect what you are trying to do here, but I think you should check your sources before you go off into the deep end.

It seems that in this particular day and age, we are seeing a lot of these URGENT!!! Catholic End Time Prophecy about to be fulfilled websites springing up.

Many of these sites, and the people who have constructed them have spliced together the teachings of Marcel Lefebvre who founded the Society of St. Pius X, along with some protestant ideas and conspiracy theories. Needless to say, the outcome is a host of urgent declarations that inform us that the devil is everywhere and the end is coming any second now.

If you do a little digging, you will find that these sites, much like the one you provided a link for, post information that is not Catholic. As as example, the website you posted a link to has a section where one can read about predestination, and only a few being saved... This is not a Catholic teaching. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these sites were constructed by the Society of St Pius X.. because their beliefs and views have always been very dark and doomy.. Either way, these sites have some good resources that are approved by the Church, and then there are many others that are spurious at best.

Remember the guy who predicted the end of the world last summer, (Herald Camping?) These sites are of the same caliber.. I wouldn't get too immersed in it.

Peace..

Regarding Predestination and the number of the saved just go back to that Blog I posted and scroll down to
SAVE YOUR SOUL! HERE IS HOW:

This is really simple. It depends on the type of ignorance you have. So basically if you are culpable or not; you are gulty or not.

Quote:

If you do a little digging, you will find that these sites, much like the one you provided a link for, post information that is not Catholic. As as example, the website you posted a link to has a section where one can read about predestination, and only a few being saved... This is not a Catholic teaching. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these sites were constructed by the Society of St Pius X.. because their beliefs and views have always been very dark and doomy.. Either way, these sites have some good resources that are approved by the Church, and then there are many others that are spurious at best.

Remember the guy who predicted the end of the world last summer, (Herald Camping?) These sites are of the same caliber.. I wouldn't get too immersed in it.

Peace..

No I don't remember him. These are prophecies from Jesus and not some guy.
Old 30-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Master
I hope rapture hurries up and happens and Jesus returns soon .That way I wont have to grow old. I would rather go to heaven the quick painless (I hope) way.
Old 30-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic Spammos
Regarding Predestination and the number of the saved just go back to that Blog I posted and scroll down to
SAVE YOUR SOUL! HERE IS HOW:

This is really simple. It depends on the type of ignorance you have. So basically if you are culpable or not; you are gulty or not.

No I don't remember him. These are prophecies from Jesus and not some guy.

I looked at the site and saw a lot of unauthorized non-sense that talked about UFO's, reptilians, Freemasons in the Church and private revelations made by housewives that said Jesus visited them..

I would say that the person who made this site is quite ignorant of what the Catholic Church teaches on such matters, and is an alarmist. But I suppose those with the strong apocalypse soon disposition would eat this kind of thing up.

When I see Catholics throwing around words like, "culpable," "ignorance," and "guilty," every two seconds, it tells me one thing; that person has been rubbing elbows with some fringe group that has taken a serious detour from what the actual Catholic faith teaches. I think you should print some of this stuff from the website out and go show it to a priest... **** on the internet is a dime a dozen and you can't believe half of it.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:14 AM
busybizarre

Quote:
Where in the Bible is Global Warming Prophecy?

You don't need to read any of Maria Valtorta writings or Catholic teachings. Nobody is forcing you. Enjoy the Bible, if it is all you need.

Hello. :) First i want to say that blooms out of season is no new thing.

Your mystic Maria Valtorta is a false prophet according to the scriptures Jesus taught from, and not only those but by the New Testament also. Although it should be apparent by her breaking of the first and greatest commandment.

She said the following words as the words of Jesus.
''Hunger will arise from the stoppage, by God's will, of the cosmic laws: cold will be bitter and drawn out; heat will be scorching and not moderated by rain; the seasons will be turned around and you will have drought in the rainy seasons and rain when the crops are ripening; plants and trees will be tricked by unexpected warmth or unusual coolness, plants will bloom out of season and trees, after having already produced, will cover themselves with new, useless flowers that will exhaust them fruitlessly."

Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Now there is a lot of prophecy, a lot of mystery, but i will hold off to show the thing quickly...

Notice Maria said "Jesus said the seasons will be turned around"

Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

THE Lord Jesus said those words

and Paul these...
1Th 5:1-2 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

something else interesting is the fact that her jesus said the flowers would bloom before their time...well in malachi it is the Devil that wants to do that act...

Mal 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

but "global warming" is there, funny one of the reasons the prophet gives is concerning worship to the queen of heaven...hmmm

Jer 7:18-20 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces? Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

i could go on but that's meat enough...

2Co 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybizarre
Hello. :) First i want to say that blooms out of season is no new thing.

Your mystic Maria Valtorta is a false prophet according to the scriptures Jesus taught from, and not only those but by the New Testament also. Although it should be apparent by her breaking of the first and greatest commandment.

She said the following words as the words of Jesus.
''Hunger will arise from the stoppage, by God's will, of the cosmic laws: cold will be bitter and drawn out; heat will be scorching and not moderated by rain; the seasons will be turned around and you will have drought in the rainy seasons and rain when the crops are ripening; plants and trees will be tricked by unexpected warmth or unusual coolness, plants will bloom out of season and trees, after having already produced, will cover themselves with new, useless flowers that will exhaust them fruitlessly."

Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

They shall not cease they will only be tricked:cold will be bitter and drawn out; heat will be scorching and not moderated by rain; the seasons will be turned around and you will have drought in the rainy seasons and rain when the crops are ripening; plants and trees will be tricked by unexpected warmth or unusual coolness, plants will bloom out of season and trees, after having already produced, will cover themselves with new, useless flowers that will exhaust them fruitlessly."
Here is an example: http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/n...dle-o/1060282/

Quote:
Now there is a lot of prophecy, a lot of mystery, but i will hold off to show the thing quickly...

Notice Maria said "Jesus said the seasons will be turned around"

Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

THE Lord Jesus said those words

and Paul these...
1Th 5:1-2 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

[1] But of the times and moments, brethren, you need not, that we should write to you; [1 Thessalonians 5:1] [Latin] [2] For yourselves know perfectly, that the day of the Lord shall so come, as a thief in the night. [3] For when they shall say, peace and security; then shall sudden destruction come upon them, as the pains upon her that is with child, and they shall not escape. [4] But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. [5] For all you are the children of light, and children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

This means that the time of death may come at any time. We should be always ready to meet the Lord. We are not in darkness that is to say WE ARE NOT in sin.

Quote:
something else interesting is the fact that her jesus said the flowers would bloom before their time...well in malachi it is the Devil that wants to do that act...

Mal 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

The Devil can’t do any such things. If he didn’t do it for thousands of years why would he be able to do it now?

Only God can do it:The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was allowed to scorch people with fire. They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory.
(Revelation 16:8-9 ESV)

Quote:
but "global warming" is there, funny one of the reasons the prophet gives is concerning worship to the queen of heaven...hmmm

Jer 7:18-20 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces? Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

i could go on but that's meat enough...

2Co 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Genesis 3:15
I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:42 AM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:
I looked at the site and saw a lot of unauthorized non-sense that talked about UFO's, reptilians, Freemasons in the Church and private revelations made by housewives that said Jesus visited them..

I would say that the person who made this site is quite ignorant of what the Catholic Church teaches on such matters, and is an alarmist. But I suppose those with the strong apocalypse soon disposition would eat this kind of thing up.

When I see Catholics throwing around words like, "culpable," "ignorance," and "guilty," every two seconds, it tells me one thing; that person has been rubbing elbows with some fringe group that has taken a serious detour from what the actual Catholic faith teaches. I think you should print some of this stuff from the website out and go show it to a priest... **** on the internet is a dime a dozen and you can't believe half of it.

Who is supposed to authorize it?
You, or some UFO investigator, or FDA or maybe any random person. Maybe a housewife that enjoys watching Sci-Fi movies?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Who is supposed to authorize it?
You, or some UFO investigator, or FDA or maybe any random person. Maybe a housewife that enjoys watching Sci-Fi movies?

Your above statement is very telling... The fact that you do not know that the Catholic Church gives approval to certain private revelations, apparitions and teachings indicates that you are blindly accepting some person's ideas that have been posted on a website.

The Catholic Church goes to great lengths to investigate such things, and if it looks even a little fishy or dishonest, they will not give it their nod of approval to be worthy of study or devotion.

Hence, as I said, there are several things on the site you posted that DO NOT meet with Church approval. In other words, the subjects in question on the website do not agree with Sacred Scripture or Sacred Tradition; thus it is disregarded as worthy of belief.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Time

Ill ask these questions again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
IF jesus spoke mostly in pariables (which it seems most gospels only cite his pariables), then how can we take anything he said at face value?

Also, what makes a jewish diety applicable to the rest of the world?

Did you know that for the mostpart, revalations was talking aboutthe fall of rome? Not something that is said to happen in every generation (cmon, every generation has the "OMG THE BIBLE IS TRUE RIGHT NOW" stance).
Old 01-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
IF jesus spoke mostly in pariables (which it seems most gospels only cite his pariables), then how can we take anything he said at face value?

That has been the argument for centuries... and unfortunately the teachings of Jesus will always be shrouded in somewhat of a question mark. I think those who follow the Christian path would be best off finding some kind of happy medium in it all. But they do not, it is always one extreme or another. But one thing is for sure, many of the religious organizations have stripped Christianity of it's more esoteric and mystical teachings and practices... and the religion has suffered for that reason.

Quote:
Also, what makes a jewish diety applicable to the rest of the world?

I think most of us could sit around and argue that question all day... But I think the simple answer is that God is seen and has been active throughout time and in all religions. Even the Catholic Church teaches that believe it or not. They also teach that a person of another religion can obtain "salvation." It is not a Jesus or bust kind of thing as presented by the fundamentalists. God is everywhere, Christ is everywhere... all deities should be acceptable to the rest of the world; because there is only one Divine Spirit, we all just have different ways of relating to it and expressing it.

Quote:
Did you know that for the mostpart, revalations was talking aboutthe fall of rome? Not something that is said to happen in every generation (cmon, every generation has the "OMG THE BIBLE IS TRUE RIGHT NOW" stance).

Actually the fall of Rome interpretation of the Book of Revelation is only one way in which the book can be interpreted.. but it is not the definitive and absolute interpretation of the book whatsoever.

And yes, the doomsdayers come out in every generation and shout that the end is nigh... But time always seems to go on. Once upon a time I was a big Biblical prophecy enthusiast; but then I seen too many prophecies fail over and over again.. So I decided to switch gears and just live life... whatever happens will happen. My spiritual goal is just to be a good, honest and decent person and bring honor to the one who is Love and made all things in this universe... All else is just window dressing and speculation. I think we would have a more peaceful society if all people flushed the gloom and doom and just let time and occurrence be what it will be. And it probably would be a hell of a lot better if we all stopped being so greedy and trying to blow one another up.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Master
The God of the Bible is universal. The interpretion is not.

Did Jesus, as example, confirm the Far Eastern teachings of ,"Maya", by both His teachings on the effectiveness of faith, and also, by His miracles performed?

Seems that He did.

Much later a scientist/physicist, A. Einsten, stated,
"Reality is an illusion. Albeit, a very persistant one.", and,
"Time and space are modes in which we think, and not conditions in which we live."

"I am the LORD, and I do not change. That is why you descendants of Jacob are not already destroyed."
Malachi 3

"He that loves not knows not God; for God is love."
1 John 4

From Clarks Commentary:

"I am that I am - אהיה אשר אהיה Eheyeh asher Eheyeh.
These words have been variously understood.
The Vulgate translates Ego Sum Qui Sum, I am who am.
The Septuagint, Εγω ειμι ὁ Ων, I am he who exists. The Syriac, the Persic, and the Chaldee preserve the original words without any gloss.
The Arabic paraphrases them,
The Eternal, who passes not away;"

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein